Does this synopsis make you want to check out the story?

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by Resinling, Sep 22, 2021.

?

Would you read this story?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  1. Resinling

Resinling Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically, I'm wondering if the synopsis for my novel makes people want to check out my story, or if they just bounce off. Since this forum is full of readers, it seems like a better place than RR or SH forums (which mostly consists of other authors), and you know, asking readers is a bit counter productive, since they obviously did check the story out already.

(and if you want to check it out, SH link and RR link )

Deleted member 343051 likes this.
  2. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are appealing to the lewd side of readers then yes it would probably make the readers of that genre/stuff curious and attract them to give it a try, if you are trying to appeal to a different kind of readers then I say no, not really, it is just screams "this is just another reincarnation story but it is interactive" at least, that is my impression XD

3. Resinling

Resinling Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm well it is another isekai :p But I guess i should write more about how it is different from other stories... Hmmm

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  4. Xian Piete

Xian Piete Author of many mediocre stories

Reading List:
    Link
    What I look for is what kind of story is going to be. I don't need a used car salesman monologue. Just a basic at a glance what kind of story would I be reading.

DoubleBlind likes this.
  5. DoubleBlind

DoubleBlind Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your current summary definitely targets the erotic crowd. You could definitely spend more time on the actual plot and not what the reader gets to do. The loot box idea is interesting but it comes off a bit odd in a synopsis.

6. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    it does sound interesting, but sounds like it will power scale really fast.

7. Deleted member 348269

Deleted member 348269 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds bit more interesting because it has a humorous tone. Something that might make one check out a few chapters, but may not be one's cup of tea.

8. Dun Dun Dun

Dun Dun Dun New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good news - hell is full! So you are going to have to find something else to do with yourself. How about becoming a tentacle monster and having a relaxing life as you grow in power and maybe have a bit of fun on the way. Such as destroying the local village, terrorizing the newbie adventurers, fleeing from the angry mobs, destroy a couple kingdoms, eviscerate some orphans or maybe even piss off a few gods. Your HP's the limit!!!

Act now and a cute medusas will be included.

This story is slightly interactive.

It's a story of a guy who reincarnates as a tentacle monster into fantasy world. He grows stronger by doing tasks, which allows him to get loot boxes. Loot boxes content will be suggested by readers, then rolled on discord.

Sorry not sure why but I felt the need to mess around with it. If you post your story let me know, it sounds fun.

9. Resinling

Resinling Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interestingly enough, I generally find that fan translators make better story synopsis, that makes me want to check the story out, then official relases.

10. DubiousWaterMelon

DubiousWaterMelon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The story sounds fun and the interactive element is nice a touch .

Your title is so on point, it catches interest of those interested in a heartbeat. Yet the synopsis is a bit all over the place. I would suggest, tighten the flow by merging the 1st and 3rd para into one and providing the 'being interactive' info as an afterthought.

Shorter, to the point is a better approach in my opinion because most who would spend time readying the synopsis are people who already looking for stories in that particular genre and tag group or have been attracted in by your title.