Don't you love those tards that promotes aggregator sites and tries hard to bypass chapter locks?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by bigwhitebunny, Nov 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Agregators are literally the worst! :rolleyes: I would rather read on Qidian than on agregators.

2. atomic_fetch_add

atomic_fetch_add Member

Reading List:
    Link
    QI service is not a school project, please don't apply these design principle on it

QI need to design the website to be scalable, even though currently there are not many users (for a company like QI), they must design the site to be ready for a much larger traffic. this needs a loadbalancer

QI also need the app/website to has good response time as part of user experience, even hypothetically they design the website only for current user number. this needs a loadbalancer

QI also introduces spirit stone (basically a precursor to the real money), and any system with built-in real money transaction support is inherently very hard to design

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  3. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not applying it to a school project. I deploy servers on a regular basis just an fyi.

I'm not saying they don't have a loadbalancer, but it wouldn't be due to QI. It's on their tencent servers so its possible that other services need a load balancer, but QI, even if it had 10X it wouldn't.

They have no content that would eat up the threads. For plain text and a few small images, not needed. Even if they had 10X the traffic. Their content is also not that response based.

Most databases have transaction support built in. They are not doing transferring of money to 3rd parties or anything excessive, its literall database and coding 101. Any person who went 1 year to college for programming should be able to design it.

4. atomic_fetch_add

atomic_fetch_add Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in my experience, QI's service need at least a small team with some experience

maybe you are just a better programmer or never did any real big project, I really can not tell

5. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian International and Qidian most likely share the same programming staff, I see no reason for them to hire extra.

6. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And my "design" are based on the consideration that its not. Since it is two different company (as per my understanding) their financial report are separate, which mean they need to have their own asset and can't have same asset claimed twice.

7. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    The servers are located in China in same location. As far as accounting goes, that isn't a big deal really, you just put on records that company A is hiring company B for 1 dollar. I've seen plenty of companies do that.

8. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which kind of "illegals" in my country since to be hired then you need to prove that is part of the services (which mean you need a list of client, project, etc.) and you can't charge peanut since it will lower your profit calculation, esp if the parent is already public

Anyway, we are OOT.

@Parth37955 @LaDyViL @Westeller can we close this thread? OP gone missing and the last few discussion (which I'm part of) is already OOT.

9. lnv

Reading List:
    Link

It isn't illegal by any metric, its not like you are doing deductions twice. If you are utilizing same staff to manage same thing there is no issue. It is no extra expense to either company.

10. Bellethiel

Bellethiel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well since after the lastest firefox update and quidans site update loading the next chapter or the previous one doesn't work anymore you can't really read on quidan properly in the first place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.