LCD Doomsday Wonderland

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by strixflash, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I read it <.<;; I just got confused on how it was solved that easily by just destroying the bridge(?)

Also, I wanna know what will happen to the women. :notlikeblob: I'm worried about them. Especially Xueqin.

Osamaru likes this.
  2. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    Cinderelle: If she didn't go to the ball, she never met the Prince.
    Red Riding Hood: Since her Grandmother never went to the Ball, she didn't become a Dancer and never moved to the woods.
    Blue Beard: I don't have the slightest clue!!!

As for the women, with the tone of the story, most of them will probably end up dead, honestly.

3. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobfearful: xueqin, no!!!!!

Osamaru likes this.
  4. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    Think about it, the Author does like killing characters off.
    Its hard to tell who will end up as a "regular"

5. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    The latest arc is........:notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

6. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author is really good at making horrifying arcs. It's fun. But scary.

7. Lisant

Lisant Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The goal is to ensure the survival of all three main characters. In Bluebeard's story you'd be tempted to consider the woman the main character and Bluebeard the threat (he also has a suspicious appearance in other tales), but that's a red herring. Bluebeard is naturally the main character of Bluebeard's fable. Demolishing the road did nothing to Bluebeard, but he was going to survive anyway, so mission accomplished. All three main characters make it.

Honestly I reckon what she should have done is forcibly take over the parchment from the fairy as he was attempting to deal with cinderella with a wish for Red Riding Hood's grandmother to become wealthy. That would also save cinderalla and red riding hood, but leave our MC one magic parchment richer.

Honestly if she didn't bother with the kids and just went off into the woods she would've had an easy vacation. Then again she is developing some great progress in her abilities from all the trouble she got involved in.

On a side note, MC should really store a giant crate or fridge full of provisions and carry it around. Feels like a bad narrative device for her to suffer hunger issues because she never seems to carry food with her ability. It also seems like she should be able to use consciousness mimicry to tell apart the real people from the fakes, but she never does.

BTW: Shouldn't MC be able to read her own specs now that she carded her own body?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    mmem and iampsyx like this.
  8. tkok12

tkok12 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hey~ can someone spoil for me a description of the romantic interest? Like how does the mc meet him, who he is, and how far they get along with each other so far?

9. Elkon

Elkon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently there is no actual romance and the romance tag is because of the website they are translating it from, or something like that. The translator already talked about it about half way through the book.

JimmyFalcon likes this.
  10. somnious

somnious Leopard Boy Li Lanfeng Bias

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? Honestly I feel like it's mainly based on learning curb. The people who end up being "regular" are the ones who have ability and experience (be it actual skill or even being born in one of the central 12 worlds). Generally, so far, it does seem like the author has a weird preference for...male characters tho...........*squints really hard*

Honestly all these issues are really interesting tbh. The big thing I've noticed about the novel is that a lot of things you would think you can prepare for...might not completely work in the end. Especially since a lot of different dimensions have different rule sets that could completely waste all your efforts. Like, unless you live in the central regions...it's probably impossible to be prepared in anyway.

Also lol, her cards are literal trolls. I think the reason why it didn't show any information was bc her actual abilities all remained in her spiritual body. The rest? (the items) are card formed and stuck in the body without any way to retrieve them, and likely her card got really lazy about it and didn't feel like writing out all of the items she had.

The right answer to all of these speculations and theories are: everything comes back to haunt her. Literally. that demon contract paper u saw? LOL it's back. The kids? Hm...............

As for the cards, they're not a high enough level to go that in depth at the moment. And it could've been that her death and subsequent removal of her ability from her main body caused the body to lose access to those cards. The cards themselves do increase in storage space (as in how many times she can make things into cards) and it's exponential to the base of 2. However, full analysis and descriptors actually require her to level that ability up more.

I listened to the audiobook so I don't know if there was an author's note, but the baidu (wiki) page for this series states that there's no male lead. It might just be the author's preference (surprisingly, there's a lot of novels with centric female MCs without MLs) and also because the potential male lead line is...really really really long LOL.

Honestly i would just say, don't get your hopes up. I don't think Lin Sanjiu's looking to getting a boyfriend any time soon after killing her old one.

mmem likes this.
  11. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Im shipping Lin Sanju and Soulqun. Such a great couple. I like the fact there will be no ML, a girl doesnt need to rely on a guy for anything!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Elkon and somnious like this.
  12. somnious

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL YOU SHOULD READ SOME OF THE COMMENTS PPL MADE. I think the wiki itself said something like "the author seems to be evolving Lin Sanjiu into a super strong tan woman, what happened to the delicate office lady?"

Honestly I just really want a reverse harem but that'll have to be fanfiction likely. I think what the author implied was she doesn't really have much experience writing romance, and the story honestly doesn't need it. Meanwhile, I'm rooting for either Sebastian (we meet him in the later half of Kisaragi Station - I REALLY LOVED HOW HE LIKE, LITERALLY DROPPED TO THE FLOOR BC OF LIN SANJIU'S BEAUTY. gurls get urself a man who will prostrate to your glory) or the guy from the Garden of Eden (Gong Jinyi?).

Also, I don't know if it's intentional, but a lot of the major male characters actually share characters in their names that are either phonetically similar to Lin Sanjiu or in the same category (the 'san' in sanjiu is actually 3, 'jiu' is alcohol).

Nyanko likes this.
  13. Nyanko

Reading List:
    Link
    My other ship is Lin Sanju and Nuwa. So lovely <3 <3

There are no good male role models in this story. Look at Puppeteer, and the newly introduced this chapter Santaclaus

somnious likes this.
  14. Elkon

Elkon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You forgot the one who ruined the only good male role model Luther: 12

mmem and somnious like this.
  15. somnious

Reading List:
    Link
    :3c You're going to meet another good male role model really soon hehehe. He's a returning customer too.

Also Sebastian. He's quite a...piece of work...

16. Nyanko

Reading List:
    Link
    So...
    It took me a good twelve hours to digest the ending of the latest chapter, and its been a while since that was the case in any story! A reason why Doomsday Wonderland is very high on my list of novels to read!
    So the twins are Nuwa's pawns (or allies? They don't seem coerced), and coincidentally, Nuwa now has Lin Sanju's greatest weakness in her hands.

My thoughts? The Slave Camp was Nuwa's Neuhuman training camp, where she would experiment on kids to turn them into Neuhumans. Geran says the organisation was new, and Nuwa has only been off the Garden of Eden for some two and a bit years, so it makes sense. But my thoughts are, were the twins specifically targeted, or was it just a lucky coincidence? My thoughts are Nuwa, when Lin Sanju was stuck in that ghost world and was changed to have wings, glanced into Lin Sanju's mind, and saw that the kids were her greatest weakness, after all, look how crazy she got when rescuing them (again, I think her craziness was induced by Nuwa). So she contacted Geran, and asked him to send the kids to her training camp.

But the real question is, where to from here? It makes me excited for the end of my Nuwa x Sanju ship. I really hope they end up friends, after all Lin Sanju said she'd rather be friends with Nuwa than enemies. Darn it, I haven't been this excited for a new Doomsday Wonderland chapter in ages! Come on, explain it to me *crys*

17. Aoi Alice

Aoi Alice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She is currently in the world of "Salvation of God" now.
    Even though there may not be any ML I understand that she has many potential love interest-Key word: (Potential)

18. Haruhal

Haruhal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started and now at chapter 2....
    Will there be any romance? :3

19. Nyanko

Reading List:
    Link
    No! My Lin Sanju will be a loner forever, just like Nyan! Maybe get together with Nuwa?

20. Deleted member 190796

Deleted member 190796 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    This isn’t a Yuri novel so rip the Nüwa and Sanjiu ship... We can assume that there will be SOME romance, just that it’s in the background, and the main focus in on the Supernatural, Horror, Sci-Fic and Adventure tags.