Movie Double Release Movies

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by LordCorwin, Oct 17, 2017.

1. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for films that specifically film a movie and it's sequel or 2 sequel's to a previous film or more and release at the same time.

I know there aren't a lot that do this. And it's understandable. But one example is Tai-Chi Zero and Tai-Chi Zero. Or like I used to think Back to the Future 2 and 3 were, since I saw them as a double feature at the theater when I was kid.

I only thought of this because I was watching a move, The Final Girls, and it had one of those endings where not only did you feel they were leaving it open for a sequel, I actively wanted to watch the sequel right then. Plus I figured with 2 movies filmed back to back and released at the same time, you have a continuity in the writers, the actors, the direction of the film. While none of this guarantees quality it was still something that made me curious if there were others.

So do any of you know of any movies filmed concurrently or consecutively and released at the same time?

2. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot of popular series such as Star Wars will have a sequel in concurrent production, but it's bad business to release them simultaneously.

pocketbear and justmehere like this.
  3. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    You do know a movie takes months of preparations right?
    Doing dual filming will make it atleast more than a year before the movie would go out.
    And no one wants to spend too much time, effort and money that will only get paid for a single film.

Why not skip them now and wait for the sequel to be finished before you watch.

Vishaakha likes this.
  4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    ah something like red cliff?

5. Noor

Noor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    though not at the same time, Overlord movies are released with only 2 week in between them.

6. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, something like this works as well.

I'm not sure. Never seen Red Cliff, but I'll look it up when I have the chance and see if it fits the bill.

Yes, but there are a small number that still do get released in this manner. Either as a marketing gimmick or because they believe it's the best way to view them.

Because that's not what I asked.