Discussion Douche MC stood at the Apex

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Fluffy Jellyfish, Oct 8, 2018.

1. bleh360

bleh360 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am often very confused by the word Dao because I always assumed it's means was like a way of life. And this may be something either lost in translation or just misused by authors intentionally(like when people describes rabbits eating carrots like its a norm when its actually not, but fictionally well received). I don't know which it is but if we are indeed saying its a way of life, not enough of these xianxias or wuxias actually cover what that way is, what guidelines there are etc. If you read Tale of the Ghost Eyes, there are actually things they must follow in order to be a Taoist and such (which is not the same as an immortal i know) and though in that universe immortals are born through the hell soul and the land soul remaining together and collecting the yin energy form the mortal plane (if i remember correctly) and are considered to be an abomination really. But anyways! If we go by this small framework and say they are abominations since a common theme in these xianxia novels is that you are going against the heavens by cultivating which is why you must face the tribulations and such. We can honestly say it is perfectly fine for the MC to be a disgusting evil existence since he himself is an abomination itself that the heavens will never accept and thus should be cast out by the people as well, forever to be alone in this world. Yet somehow he surrounds himself with all these women right? They too are cultivators and therefore also abominations, slag with more slag still gets slag! I think it's safe to say if they ascended they won't just Descend to the mortal plane just to take out some human...I mean thats just a waste of time and complete pettiness, but no they would have a faction of evil for sure! Oppression will be fought some time later, we just never get to see it.

That is one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it is the Dao is just the way of the sword. A Common theme in these xianxia is divine sword this, flying sword that. Swords are pretty common and Dao is supposed to also mean Chinese sword. This makes more sense since they literally only ever "practice to use sword" or "practice sword dao" or something else of that nature having to do with sword and their fighting techniques are varied but usually with sword. This we can then say they can also be assholes and crap cause they are just like any other person out there, except they have this ultimate power so the only person to stop them will have to be someone who will be better than them. "How can they get someone to be better than them they will just kill them while they are young or blah blah" Well listen here plot armor There could always be a sequel, and I don't think many authors have done this yet but I think it would be cool, if they continued a little before they left off in the same exact universe (kind of like douluo dalu except its not 1000 years in the future or some shiz) with a new MC who is blessed by the heavens and has a whole new adventure living in the world ruled by previous MC and at the end of the book the two MC's go at it! Like honestly, I'm foaming at the mouth for excitement just thinking about it. Previous MC now main Villian who doesn't take notice of the holy born kid in the distant mortal lands who is destined to bring him down! I swoon.....these are my fantasies, but yeah not entirely anything wrong with an asshole protagonist, I just wish we get to see what happened to the world and how he got defeated (because all big bad immortals must perish, this is plot amor at it's finest even transmigrated got to know).

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  2. Yosete

Yosete Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *inserts excuse*
    B..b...b..bb....but asshole mc's are better than crappy nice wannabees.

3. tmark0099

tmark0099 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Few things first YC does not have 20 women in his harem.............yet.
    Also YC does not do mass murder until enraged to point of doing it. Well what can you can expect from someone who was pursued to the end of cliff and then became a psychopath.
    Now "douche/asshole or not good people" being top of cultivation world, first of all the definition of a good person in your dictionary may not match with a person from that fictional world.
    Also even in our history douche/asshole have been the ones who stood at the top of world. They may have changed or reformed their ways later on, they may have not.
    Even now, most national leaders and representatives are not good people. So what can you do:blobcheeky::blobrofl: