Douluo Dalu

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by thechaptermonster, Jul 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. thechaptermonster

thechaptermonster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fan theory, I know the story is already complete non-translated so if I'm right it might be a spoiler. (Damned if you do, and damned if you don't) in regards to it being right or wrong.
    But Xiao Wu is a rabbit, who's already gone for broke by turning into a human and recultivating. They haven't gotten too deep into what would happen when a spirit beast who decides to take that chance to cultivate back up to the top,maybe even breaking the boundary of what the "top" is.
    Side point, I find it amusing That Tang San's primary spirit, as well as his spirit beast heritage is grass, which rabbits dig eating.
    Getting back to my fan theory, So the last chapter revealed that Tang San was the sea gods chosen which got me thinking.
    In many parts of Asia, it's not the "man on the moon", it's the "rabbit on the moon". And if Tang San later ends up becoming the embodiment of the ocean (probably dual embodiment, since he's also her favorite food) Then the end of the DD ship will be like one of those Chinese operas, or Greek mythologies.
    Where she becomes the rabbit in the moon, and he becomes the embodiment of the ocean (and a "sea" of grass). When ever the moon is full, the tides of the ocean pick up, change, And get push and pulled.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  2. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    I got 0 of what you were saying.

So no, I don't see spoilers.

SPOILERS, he didn't spoil.

3. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    *mind blown*

4. Seraph

Seraph Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So confused...

5. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What?

6. Nordic

Nordic The Lazy Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    I can tell you flat out that is not how it goes. It has a pretty standardish ending with very little drama or twists though the ending is largely important for DD 2.

7. Lithit

Lithit Desu~'s Little Griffin

Reading List:
    Link
    In summary
    - he is wondering about the symbolism of the ending, cause tang San uses grass and his boo is a rabbit.

Plus he is the chosen of the sea god, while there is the Chinese rabbit on the moon myth (if you need somebody to explain the symbolism of the moon and the sea, go back to fourth grade science)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  8. DeadlyBell

DeadlyBell Sleepy

Reading List:
    Link
    if you are trying to say they never end up together then
    she and tang end up more or less married, they end up having kids as well. as for 100,000 year being the limit or 'top' no it isnt.... there is higher realms and there is divergent paths to take but the divergent paths are more or less akin to legacies, If you wish to know more click this
    Tang becomes a legitimate god, and there IS a ring type currently known past red but it looks similar to the lowest tier ring's

thechaptermonster and Westeller like this.
  9. thechaptermonster

Reading List:
    Link
    *Nod*

:)

10. Twilight Fox

Twilight Fox 【Foxy】【Ayayayay!】

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG this is brilliant!!

Unless you know some basic physics and chinese symbolism you wint get it but if you do this is a very profound theory. Brilliance m'boy!!

Lithit and thechaptermonster like this.
  11. polokoi

polokoi TVPropaganda

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, the 1 milion years one. From dd2

12. Rreelentless

Rreelentless Captain Sheriff Admiral Colonel Major General

Reading List:
    Link
    she isnt a rabbit anymore though, she WAS then became a human in every sense of the word so theres that.

13. thechaptermonster

Reading List:
    Link
    I SHALL NOT PASS!

lol. The only reason why I didn't get into manga earlier, is because I loved the medium of anime so much. I ain't one of those people who can know how the story ends then continue to watch the show.
    My priority list goes like this; Moving media (anime, movies, TV) > then static visual media (manga/manwah/graphic novels/comics) > Then black and white, must use imagination to visualize, words to face media.
    I can enjoy the same story across media spectrums as long as it adheres to this means of exposure, but never in reverse. (Well, I won't say never, but close enough to make it a rule). So the idea of spoilers in the written word format is absolutely appalling to me. :/