LCD Dragon-Marked War God

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Evilnemesis7, Feb 8, 2016.

1. jackateonetoo

jackateonetoo Wet Dog

Reading List:
    Link
    Where are all the adult women in this story? No one has a mother? Being a full-grown woman in this world seems to be a life threatening prospect in this novel's world

elengee likes this.
  2. OneNameHero

OneNameHero [The Unchosen One]

Reading List:
    Link
    The powerful ones generally don't hook up and the weak ones die. A lot of cn novels are patriarchal, so take your pick of reasons.

Raven_King likes this.
  3. DubZer0

DubZer0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True, although they all also seem to have the token all female sect that is filled with unparalleled beauties. Lol.

Chapter 470: Man, I was hoping Jian Chen would simply stop the war rather than wipe out the demon beasts. As a Saint, I don't see why he would care about these ridiculous speciest wars. The strong survive and the weak are culled, but when it's demon beasts doing the culling, all of a sudden they are Satan incarnate. And then the numerous times Lord Nether and his plan to kill geniuses was called evil. I counted at least 4 times, fucking ridiculous. Human clans would do the same thing without a problem, but again all of a sudden it's demon beasts doing it they are Satan himself.

I wish WX/XX authors would stay away from right and wrong and just stick to cultivating to get stronger/revenge/the summit of martial arts/whatever.

Raven_King likes this.
  4. OneNameHero

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. Your novel has murder as a daily occurrence and you're trying to have a morality system like, the fuck. Also the world isn't black and white and you're novel is speciest.

DubZer0 likes this.
  5. OneNameHero

Reading List:
    Link
    Also that's a problem with cn novels in general. Spirit realm is kind of different but not really.

6. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's hilarious when demons/devils are running amok and killing/raping everything and so many people cry about "demons/devils are people too!!". It's like everyone watched too many japanese animes where monsters or demons get "discriminated against" (tokyo ghoul, etc etc). Another fun one is that all churches are evil in light novels... well except Buddhist churches for some reason, i guess because it's easternized religion.

7. Raven_King

Raven_King Keeping an Eye out

Reading List:
    Link
    especially churches of light, they end up being glaringly corrupt....

and hat's probably to do with the whole vow for non-violence thing, tends to give them more credit -- altho, check out World Of Cultivation, in which the Buddhist Sect collective, one of the big 4 powers on the human side, doesn't have all flowery people.

BlackBlade likes this.
  8. DubZer0

DubZer0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Given the history of the Catholic Church (and most organized religion), I don't really have a problem with churches being all evil and shit. Any organization with sufficient power will seek to ensure their continued growth and survival. It just gets ironic when organizations meant to ease suffering are the cause of it.

Raven_King likes this.
  9. jackateonetoo

jackateonetoo Wet Dog

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading this sometimes feels like playing adlibs, since the translator seems to have a habit of leaving out words quite often. Isn't that what editors are for?

elengee likes this.
  10. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    Far be it from me to defend the excesses and evil committed by the catholic church in the past, however they were pretty much the only place scholars could operate in the post roman empire period, the rest of the world was just too brutal. Many important scientific and mathematical discoveries were found by church members, including things like the study of genetic (alleles were discovered by a monk at an abbey). They provided a very large amount of aid for the down trodden masses as well as a place where communities could come together. Eventually you had the protestants breaking away from the severe, centralized religious organization of the catholic church and a lot of the overwhelming power the church had went away after that point. It wasn't so much that churches are evil, more like absolute power corrupts absolutely.

11. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure that hot demonesses would get abducted/ raped by cultivators too, their people refined into pills or their souls extracted.
    Obviously they're being portrayed as evil in this novel, but that's typical with CN writers, not like it matters though there's no right or wrong in war only the victor.

12. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    Demon's have historically been characterized as exceedingly evil and despicable for thousands of years in western, and eastern culture. It's only recently that you've had random anime's portraying demons as normal people with a slightly different look who are looked down on unfairly. It's a really funny joke actually, sort of like the sparkling "vegan" vampires of twilight.

edit: I mean you might not be wrong about those cultivators, they are kind of a**holes in most of these stories.

elengee likes this.
  13. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it's human nature after all, even racism can be found within groups that are considered to be 'the same' to others, in Africa they'd discriminate each other for having a larger nose or ears based on their genetic heritage being slightly different creating a you and us and then projecting their own inner demons onto them :p

BlackBlade likes this.
  14. OneNameHero

Reading List:
    Link
    It all comes down whether the author wants to be openly racist or subtly racist.

15. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that's where the whole "leave demon's alone!" thing comes from. It's very easy to think of it as some kind of parallel to racism, rather than the historical characterization of demons as monstrous creatures of hell who have cast away God's love and teachings of love/forgiveness/humbleness, wanting to consume souls to increase their strength, torture and injures others, and go to war constantly. I mean just check out the Berserk manga, that dude knows what demons are supposed to be, rather than these twilight-esque demons showing up in japanese anime.

elengee likes this.
  16. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    You're right, typically the "demons" in these stories are just evolved beasts gaining sentience but not conforming to the rules of human society, maybe there's some cultural differences between our western readers and the CN writers due to having a different religion shape their culture and history.

BlackBlade likes this.
  17. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I have no problem with the demons in the CN novels cause you are right, they are generally magical talking monsters. Also most CN novels have a major distinction between demon and devil, with the later one being more in line with the western cultures demon. Still, even with that being the case the eastern demon's are very powerful, predatory creatures (well okay not like turtle demons, but demons based on predatory/poisonous creatures), so it should be no shock that the humans and the demons would battle each other easily in this novel. The stuff with villagers having to sacrifice their females to the demons was pretty brutal, but I think even that comes from eastern culture. You know, having to make sacrifices to appease some great monster or god or whatever.

elengee likes this.
  18. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Or some young master / noble lord :ROFLMAO:

BlackBlade likes this.
  19. Trane

Trane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He wont bite the servant's head off, he's not worth it..but he can smell the "leftovers" from master dog

20. Rampage52

Rampage52 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no updates recently any one know why