Discussion Dreame, Ringdom, FicFun - Scam or legit?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lokum, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Lokum

Lokum Forum Member Banned

Reading List:
    Link
    UPDATE: So far, after researching a bit more, seems rather dodgy. The more I go into details, the weirder it gets. A lot of people are against them, but there's a seemingly good monetary reward for authors. Right now I'm checking details about the contracts and who retains copyright.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Original Post:

Hullo, - advice needed -

Asking if anyone is familiar with the publishing platforms - Ringdom (adventure/action), Dreame (for romance) , FicFun (don't really know - for anything? mixed content?).

Does anyone use it - either an author or as a reader. Or a translator, because they seem to host multilingual novels as well.

I might move my novels there. Trying to test the waters.

So far, after getting in touch with them and also, after surfing the web, they seem worth a shot

And if you're wondering
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  2. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    frankly, i never heard of them.....if you are looking were to post your work use RoyalRoad, ScribbleHub , fanfiction.net (if you are writing a fanfict)....or better use all of them, but it's safer if you check the terms for posting works or if you don't care about your rights before posting on random sites....

Lokum and otaku31 like this.
  3. Lokum

Reading List:
    Link
    Right? I also haven't heard of them before. Maybe because they are a relatively young platform - from what I found out launched less than a year ago. The websites look decent.

I'm right now using ScribbleHub and TapRead

4. Lokum

Reading List:
    Link

I looked them up on the web, and found both good and bad opinions . The one I'm interested in, 'Ringdom', has a better reputation than their sister-platform 'Dreame'. But I don't want to judge too soon.
    UPDATE: Dreame is shady as hell

Kinda wish I could straight up go:

I like you, but
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  5. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was curious and found: https://www.quora.com/I-was-approac...ve-any-info-about-Dreame-and-what-should-I-do

I don't think everything listed in the top answer is bad or unusual, but if they do own the copyright(not publishing rights) of a fanfic that's pretty damn unusual. There's a small plus in that they would be sued if the original universe owner didn't like fanfics that generate revenue, but overall each right you give away should increase your paycheck if you choose to accept it. So, giving away the copyright should be the highest level of paycheck since you can't monetize it elsewhere in the future.

Comments farther down by people claiming they are Dreame authors are fairly interesting. And imply that the top answer's comments apply to one particular type of contract not all contracts.

After reading that I'd assume they aren't a scam and pick the non exclusive option and spread your work across multiple sites.

reagents 11 and Lokum like this.
  6. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Post this on scribblehub forum. They'll definitely be better at giving you advice about this~

Lokum likes this.
  7. Lokum

Reading List:
    Link
    That's true - I haven't thought of that!
    I've been sitting on NUF like a chicken on the eggs

8. BSkyla

BSkyla Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, have you tried? How Are You Feeling? Because I thought the platform looked new, but it looked good. I wonder if that platform can only contract single-book works? How’s the Pay?

9. Lokum

Reading List:
    Link
    currently in contact with them. I haven't made the final decision yet on whether I will be joining them or not.

I'll keep everyone updated though.

BSkyla likes this.
  10. BSkyla

BSkyla Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go for it. Bless you.

11. Deleted member 304540

Deleted member 304540 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, let us know. I haven't even heard of those sites.

Lokum likes this.