Spoiler Drop!! ~A Tale of the Fragrance Princess~ Spoilers Please

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by LivB, Feb 6, 2017.

1. haqpiness

haqpiness Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is the relationship between the prince and the heroine? As the kind gentleman he is I can't imagine him being rude.

2. Kalmaegi

Kalmaegi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He avoids her when he can. They don't have any relationship unless you count persistent stalker and her target of obsession.

3. Blushy

Blushy 【Procrastinator】

Reading List:
    Link
    There's so much confusion about the Heroine and MC at first...
    So they are both from Earl Houses but not the same family...
    Heroine is the illegitimate(?) child of another Earl.

candycane_whack and Aquaa like this.
  4. haqpiness

Reading List:
    Link
    And here comes for the first time( in translated chapters) the family that will adopt the heroine, Clive, the "watchdog", and he already started to say mean things about MC to the prince...

Blushy likes this.
  5. haqpiness

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please spoil to me if this Clive will change his mind about MC?

Ran ahzu and candycane_whack like this.
  6. Kalmaegi

Kalmaegi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Clive, huh. I think so. As for when---

Probably when Dilly was awarded access to the Royal Library? It's when they get to interact anyway. *shrugs*

Visited the Arian Rose website on a whim and saw the latest Drop!! novel cover. Cordelia is drop dead gorgeous. Beautiful! Elegant! A blooming rose, the epitome grace and ladylike charm. In short, a queen.

My girl is all grown up.

"No wonder the prince is head over heels for her" - my sister when I showed her the illustration

Speaking of the prince...he's fine I guess.

7. haqpiness

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! I guess then that he will be really disappointed when he will get the new sister and will compare her to our mc)

8. Ran ahzu

Ran ahzu “a very tired person"

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember he was terribly rude and oddly prejudiced against her though?

9. Yumika12345

Yumika12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Once they actually get to meet and talk to each other Dilly kinda wears him down. He gets to know what kind of person Dilly is from their meetings and not to judge her without getting to know her

toleneram, Yerocia, iampheng and 2 others like this.
  10. Lilylam

Lilylam Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know we've moved past it but I want to hear more about the Mother. Does the mother ever change or is she going to be forever isolated from her children. Some one said that she doesn't really interact with her children unless she has too, under what circumstances does the mother finally meet our lovely Cordelia?
    As the for the older sister, what is she like? Is she kind and lovely, or indifferent towards our MC? Or does she start off being indifferent but slowly a good relationship forms between the two like with Cordelia's older brother.

Another thing, Cordelia seems too have a rather special magic. Its never touched upon again after the glass utensil chapter where she meets Gill but the master said her powers were, "Nasty." He didn't mean it in a bad way but rather the elements shown were rather particular. I'm wonder what kind of magic she will wield, her family specializes in magic that involves plants but it doesn't seem like its her specialty. I hope its a unique power but not super grandiose.

Anyways, I can't wait to see Cordelia in a social setting like school. She doesn't really socialize much with people much and it would be awesome to see how she interacts with other kids her age. I'm sure she'll be the belle of the ball (school) but I'm still curious about her interactions with people.

11. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the mother make her appearance?
    I’m re-reading the manga right now, but what connection does the mother and the forest have?

12. Lilylam

Reading List:
    Link
    I was reading the new chapter, the one where she meets the green witch, does any one who the green witch is?

The green witch is shocked when she meets Cordelia. Gile says that their eyes and smile look similar.

There's speculation that she's Cordelia's grandmother. It seems like she's probably related to the paramedia house based with her affinity with plants.

Yukari_me, Jukki and Kalmaegi like this.
  13. nuttyreader

nuttyreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Green Witch

She is the mother of the Earl so Cordelia’s grandmother. The previous Earl was married but it seems the wife was in love with another person and continued to have an affair so the Earl fell in love with a maid in the house.

Once she became pregnant, she ran away but the wife, I think from mtl but hard to be sure, found her and basically blackmailed her to send the child back. The witch and child??? Was sick and needed medicine. Also, the wife had a child as well but he was sent to the mothers family, which I think the child is not the child of the Earl.
    Don’t ask the age of the witch. She is truly a witch at this point.

This could be the reason for the misunderstanding of the half siblings from the earlier spoiler. Just a guess. Still reading the mtl.

Anyone want any other spoilers?
    I will post about the mother as soon as I get to that portion.

14. Lilylam

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks you!
    So Cordelia's papa is the son of the Ex-Earl and a maid. Thats interesting~ why did the legitimate wife hunt for the illegitimate child? I wonder if the wife was actually a decent person and understood her wrongs and made sure the lineage is passed on to a child of that house.

So I would assume that the heroine is adopted into the baron house of the wife of the old paramedia family.

What was it reunion like? I kinda expect the son to mother or grandchild to have a touching moment.

Anyways thanks for the update! MTL is a good way to read but can really mess you up.

Yukari_me, Shieri and rock.doll like this.
  15. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Probably so that after he grow up, the son wouldn’t come to the Earl’s house to say that he is the Earl’s son and want a piece of the inheritance.
    2. Adopt the son so she use him as a puppet when he grow up.

That’s my take on it

Shieri likes this.
  16. Lilylam

Reading List:
    Link
    1. In that case wouldn't murdering the child be a more efficient action if she feared that he would eventually show up?

I think that maybe rumors of being pregnant began spreading and the Baron, wouldn't raise a child that wasn't his when he had one out in the streets. Maybe the baroness was actually just a nice person? The marriage could've been political and she was already in love with someone. The baron doesn't seem to mind that much if his only reaction to her adultery is falling in love with his maid. The old baroness could've decided to send her child back because she understood how kind the baron has been already.

Of course the blackmail part and the maid running away probably means that the old baroness isn't as nice as I am making her out to be. The baron could've given her an ultimatum about her child and she decided to send the kid back to save face and the alliance between the families. However the fact that she was pregnant was already out in the open and to save her reputation she found the barons child. She probably couldn't have adopted any child because the baron wouldve rejected her action.

2. Maybe. She might've use him as a puppet however it seems like father's are generally more involved with what boys studies. Cyrus and Ishma spent a lot of time studying and practicing martial arts/ sword fighting. Cordelia's papa was also known to be quite talented in his youth… I would assume that the old baroness probably had little right to control him.

Of course these are some of my guesses. Who knows what direction this will go.

rock.doll and kiara8 like this.
  17. nuttyreader

nuttyreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The mother does not come out at alllllll.......
    You only see her through anecdotes from the other characters such as the son and maid. Cordelia never sees her mother.

Kinda disappointed about this. She is just a background character that only gave birth and that’s it.

Even though the father spoils his daughter, the missing seems to be a big hole.

For the grandmother, Cordelia get her father and grandmother to talk for the first time. Afterwards, she disappears into the background though the grandmother can now go to the home as a teacher of Cordelia.

The heroine initially comes off as a good girl trying to tell people what she has seen through her dreams. Yes, she is the same girl as the one selling flowers that the kids saved early in the novel.

When Shelly gets kidnapped, Cordelia saves her and finds out that Shelly is an illegitimate daughter of a noble family which the head does not have a good relationship with her father.

Once she gets into the family, her personality changes and becomes an enemy of Cordelia just like in the novel. Shelly dreams of the novel encounters and actions of Cordelia and thinks it is real and tries to change public opinion. She tries to directly attack Cordelia saying she will show Cordelia’s true colors. Of course, this is a delusion caused by the dreams.

Eventually, she gets cursed and tries to use this power to kill Cordelia in a royal tea party function. Luckily, Cordelia warts the bracelet of Jill so she is fine. Shelly is taken away and they confirm she is cursed but with a spell that does not control, it only increases her power to kill. She treated as delusional and her magic locked. The noble family continues to treat her as family and kept in their territory home. She wakes up after the dreams stop and returns to her original self.

There is a brief mention of the Queen learning about Sylvester trading letters and how he seems to be in love but that’s it. Nothing else dame of this.
    Nothing about the King comes out as well.

At the end once the HE happens, you would think the king and queen would have an audience with Cordelia but nothing.

This is not bad but I feel some characters that should appear does not. It would have added to the story.

18. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she raised the Earl’s illegitimate because she wanted to cover up her own infidelity. What better blackmail is another person in an affair and their child to boot?

Bansheehee and Lovina like this.
  19. Lovina

Lovina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How do she react to gil being the Prince ? How was Og cordelia was punishment ?

20. Lilylam

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know what happens with hazel near the end? Does she move on or end up with Verno?