News Dropping WSSTH + The real Kurazy

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by KurazyTolanzuraytor, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KurazyTolanzuraytor

KurazyTolanzuraytor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dear Readers,

This was a decision I’ve thought long and hard over and I’ve decided to drop WSSTH(War Sovereign Soaring The Heavens) and quit Qidian. I don’t see eye to eye with the SS payout system, and it’s no longer something that’s worth my time because I won’t be able to retain the rights to my work.

‘But you’ve signed a contract and should have been prepared lose the copyright in exchange for your efforts and the flat pay!’

That’s true, but I have a story to tell about why and how I’ve come to my decision even though a contract was signed.

Come with me on a dive down Memory Lane.

Sometime in February 2017, I was just a fresh graduate who’d been unemployed for over a year due to my visa status. I’d always wanted to translate but never had the patience, especially if I had to start from forums while hoping to be recognized. (We all know which forums I’m talking about :/) Then one fine day, I found webnovel.com, a website which would recruit people like me – people with no experience - for a steady wage. I grabbed the opportunity and from that day onwards, translating became my full-time job.

Fast-forward a few months, after many chapters (which I feel are quite shitty when I look back at them now), I was getting better and an opportunity presented itself, allowing me to apply directly to WW. It was also around this time that I started to value my work more than the fixed pay.

After much discussion with Ren, I was accepted into WW and joined WW’s discord server as a Sectmaster. Alas, the heavens played a cruel trick on me for that night on the very day I was officially accepted by WW, Qidian sent a heavenly tribulation(DMCA) to WW, or as everyone remembers it, the day the war broke out.

I watched and read anxiously as everyone started burning with hate, and I felt like I had no choice. I had to protect myself the only way I knew how - I must take on a secret identity! I put on a mask! The mask of Vader! Yes, you read that right, I’m InVader, and I translate Talisman Emperor on WW.

I’ve always been thinking about how to reveal this because maintaining two online personalities is just too difficult. Every time I gave thought about it, however, something would happen to rekindle those flames of hate. I’ve decided to oust myself with this post and tell everyone.

I hope everyone that reads WSSTH can forgive me for making this selfish decision, but I value my work now. I want to be the owner of my words and retain the copyright of my translations. I no longer feel that it is worth it to exchange my work for the fixed pay Qidian has promised.

I’d rather take my chances, rely on the heartfelt support of everyone, and retain the rights to my hard work than give it away for a steady pay-cheque.

So, to those that read TE(Talisman Emperor), don’t worry, I’ll never drop it even if support for it declines because it’s licensed and the work belongs to me.

Final note to everyone and especially readers of WSSTH, let me shamelessly introduce you to Talisman Emperor and look forward to my new 2nd novel (I haven’t decided which site I’m going to have it published on yet.)

TLDR: KurazyTolanzuraytor is quitting Qi and dropping WSSTH, his second identity is Invader who does TE on WW. Read the full text for the explanation.

P.S. Read Talisman Emperor and stay tuned for a second novel from me!

Nurman, Fossil, Dark Omega and 43 others like this.
  2. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish you the best of luck with you future endavours:blobsalute::blobsalute:

Slayerwolfx2 and Aoenstar like this.
  3. nirvana971

nirvana971 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    awww. I loved WSSTH

edit:

However, best wishes for your future works!

Lianna likes this.
  4. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    thats ILLEGAL you twat. because i presume qidian tl contract has exclusivity to you as a translator. if not, shady, and still ILLEGAL in most countries because it can be considered corporate espionage

5. Kanna Kamui

Kanna Kamui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Consider translating https://www.novelupdates.com/series/death-notice/ and GOOD L U C K ! ♥♥♥

Nino Sasou likes this.
  6. rakazzt

rakazzt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck and stay strong :aww:

7. KurazyTolanzuraytor

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian's contract considers all TLs as contractors. So we have 100% freedom to do that and 0 employee benefits.

8. lonelytree

lonelytree Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't think that's true or at least it's not upheld cause many qi employees actually work at ww and vice versa.

9. Bao

Bao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wish it was the other way around.

Someguy666 likes this.
  10. Indiboy

Indiboy Well Known boi

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay\o/

And here i thought the whole thing was over..
    XD

Good Luck!

11. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    you asume being a contractor is that simple. its not.
    you dont see a contractor work for opposing companies at the same time, while hiding it from one side (if not both even). QI can just take it as it is and sue you to jail, same for ww.

12. Indiboy

Indiboy Well Known boi

Reading List:
    Link
    I think otherwise
    Translator are like contract workers who get pay for what thry do and don't get any benefits of employees

Nom de Plume and aoiisora like this.
  13. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    I literally just made some popcorn. :blobpopcorn:

Nom de Plume likes this.
  14. yogesh12

yogesh12 Hater of Generic Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    *Shamelessly asks* can you increase Talisman. emperor release rate like WSSTH please

regret12, xlfighter and Akashura like this.
  15. rfu12

rfu12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't read any of those stories so I don't care about that. BUT! It's very cool for someone to come out and say they have been maintaining multiple online personas. You should make a post detailing what's difficult and how you did it man. Sounds like a hella interesting experience, since you have partially the same people you're talking to with different personas. :D Good luck and shit.

Nom de Plume, KKristen and Karyehs like this.
  16. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    What, I have like over one hundred online personalities. I might not have a heavy task such as translating like you, but still.

Anyway, good luck.

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  17. Dethati

Dethati Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you a contract lawyer? If your not, then your input should be taken with a massive boulder of salt. Also it depends on the contract and what the contract stipulates about conflict of interest and exclusivity clauses, without either of those, nothing done so far as stated is illegal. Also depending on the breach/termination clauses the TL may be in the clear.

18. KurazyTolanzuraytor

Reading List:
    Link
    I did increase it to 14/week last month, so it's like WSSTH. :p

Dark Omega, Desydesu and Boredgasm like this.
  19. Devil of Boredom

Devil of Boredom Exists.

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow All the best and try to keep us updated on your next novel....
    Hope for the best and prepare for the worst....
    Good luck mate may you pass the heavenly tribulation successfully and ascend............
    and btw my friends liked WSSTH though i haven't yet started it................

20. creator831

creator831 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I enjoy reading wssth but all the best with this

I am currently reading TE as well and glad that you are deciding to continue this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.