News Dropping WSSTH + The real Kurazy

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by KurazyTolanzuraytor, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, just like giving your publishing rights to a company is essentially a form of partnership between an individual and another company... And those aren't uncommonly eternal I think? It's pretty similar IMO.

Nino Sasou likes this.
  2. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    Drama in webnovel forum getting heated up guys

3. legasy

legasy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man I love you!!! I love TE so much. So glad you're also working on another novel I happen to like. Best of luck to you

4. IOUmoney

IOUmoney Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm confused as to why QI deciding to fight it out this far though. They making this into a problem way larger then it needs to be.

Wouldn't just a simple, we respect your decision. Agree/disagree on some points in a non passive aggressive matter. Promote the royalty contract shift in 2-3 month.

But nope, got to keep the drama alive so everybody on the QI forum to see and reveal the drama behind the scenes.

5. rexzshadow

rexzshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok guys its not that complicated.

OP simply no longer like his current situation at QI and is now quitting. You know like what a lot of people do when they no longer like their job and wish to change jobs. Not that hard to understand.

6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the only thing that complicates it a bit is that they were already working at 2 companies, one of them being the rival one... I think there wasn't anything on their contract (pure guesswork though) that stopped the OP from doing that however.

7. rexzshadow

rexzshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Very unlikely due to fact neither side hire people at full time employees and the work hours are extremely flexable.

AliceShiki likes this.
  8. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why there is a drama? I don't see any problem with what OP did. Any link to the thread? You don't need to become a member to read righ?

9. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. QI sure was talkative in the thread...ended up locking it by the end, but the content’s still all there for now: https://forum.webnovel.com/d/6507-dropping-wssth-the-real-kurazy

10. alamptr

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically, qi translator is free to quit, but must give 30 days prior notice according to the contract. Op didnt give that and just leave by making this thread.

11. Chupchup

Chupchup Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True that perfectly makes sense but in his farewell COMPANY WIDE email he decided to trash his former companies business model and management ( note I agree QI management is shitty) AND decided to PROMOTE the competitor site he is going too. LOL! .. it's one thing if it's a neutral site like novelupdates but not on their own forums... Like taking a dump on their lawn on the way out ..lol

AliceShiki likes this.
  12. AggressivePacifist

AggressivePacifist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you read the thread you're talking about? He didn't give 30 days' notice, but he spoke to QI staff first instead of quitting by posting the thread.

"I told Yuren(The Boss of Webnovel) that I wanted to quit at 4.09p.m. GMT+8
    Sunny came and sent me a message instead at 4.28
    I didn't like how unprofessionally he was handling this by sending Sunny instead of talking to me directly, so I decided to just go ahead with my post at 4.30
    EFT's boss aka DAN told me he got the novel at 5pm
    Yuren comes asking what happened n if i need help at 6.20
    Then says oh I saw your post at 6.48"

13. alamptr

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont read that post yet, because the last time i read that thread is yesterday. My bad..

But still, if op wanna quit, he should inform qi 30 days ago

14. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Once again their PR sucks. Not sure why but they seems keep making bad move.

@alamptr OP announce that he gonna quit, but still asking QI if there is anything they needed from him. QI can say he need to stay for 30 more days which then may negotiated to how many extra chapter he need to write to be able to leave directly.

But no... They said there is nothing but then blame OP on the decision that they made.

And really lost respect to CK in the post. Why did he need to write an aggresive post which he is not even mentioned I never know

IAmGodSlayer and lonelytree like this.
  15. shadowreader

shadowreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well he was a translator to the end he quits while leaving us a freaking cliffhanger

16. Chupchup

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you going to ask a disgruntled employee who just quit on the forums while promoting a competitor to continue working for 30 days??? Lol

No company will do that.

17. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    What a twist! :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn_cool:

18. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then don't complain about that in public forum. Like I said, their PR sucks. They try to "defend" their position but failed magnificently

19. Chupchup

Reading List:
    Link
    Well their complaint was that he should have given that upfront beforehand which the OP could have easily done with his dual identities setup. I mean just fake a ilness or fake RL issue. Anyway half of this seems like just PR to promote his new main novel. Otherwise why are you doing it in such public fashion on their site even and burning bridges.

With that being said I would have moved over to WW too. The comment about allowing patreon as "Goodwill" was ridiculous. Qidian saying they took no revenue for year one didn't matter too.. I mean I assume that is your business plan to gain market share how is that the translators issue. Also disallowing patreon but not splitting SS revenue is stupid ( yws I know it's planned but that shit shouldn't take 6 months). If your system isn't completely setup then don't halfass it and push the burden on your translators who depended on patreon.

20. xlfighter

xlfighter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BUT BUT BUT BUT, I LOVE TE, Waiting for new chaps everyday, already read the one from today, so yes, more te? THANK GOD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.