Discussion Drowning in the sea is pretty painless!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deadmantellnotales, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Deadmantellnotales

Deadmantellnotales rebmeM nwonK-lleW

Reading List:
    Link
    So I had some time yesterday and visited the beach with my friends. It was nothing special sitting on the beach and talking stuff. HO do you know when a wave crashes it glows, I didn't know that( well, I watched a video before but it thought it was some kinda rare phenomenon), you can find those glowing tiny things in the water and washover your feet.

To the main topic, it was about 10:20 pm or something, it was dark but you can see somewhat thanks to my eyes getting accustomed to the dark. before we leave we decided to just play in the water, not too deep, just to stay till your feet get wet. while playing I started to move deeper, I noticed before that waves constantly pull back about a 10-ish meter for 10 minutes or so then returns to the usual distance. while playing I forgot about this.

Before I knew I had already moved far ahead, the water reached my knee(As I said before, the waves pulled back). Then water started to rise above my knee, when I looked back I saw a wave that exceeded my height, I only thought in my mind was "HO SHIT" in my native language. It crashed so hard that it felt like I hit a wall. I was pushed back, before I relax it bulled me back hard even deeper. then I saw another one coming, it looked bigger because I was even deeper than before. I tried to use the method we use in 'wave pools" in the water park by jumping before the wave hit, but instead of riding the wave as I have done in the water park it actually dragged me down(it didn't push me back like it down before).

The 3rd wave came but there was no land underneath my foot. and this wave just made me roll uncontrollably beneath, this time I was underwater, I couldn't breathe and downed some seawater, instead of feeling pain and getting worried about breath, I was in shock, I was thinking "WTF IS HAPPENING?" WHERE'S THE LAND BENEATH ME?" "WHICH WAY IS UP?" being in dark made it even worse. I know how to swim and how to float in water, but now I can't do anything, the moment I came up I was pulled down. It was a complete shock. While looking around I saw the land, when the next wave came, I just freestyled while closing my eyes to land, I know pretty well that if I mess up here, I might end up swimming into the sea, but it was better than doing nothing and drowning. When I almost reached the land the sea pulled back taking me with it, I was underwater while swimming and also wearing clothes which had because like weight attached to me, especially my jeans it became heavy and tight.

The next wave helped me to reach somewhere with footing, and at last, I took some breadth and one of my friends pulled me back. When I reached the last I was breathing heavily like I run a 200m race with all my strength. Of course, I got an earful from not only them but also strangers.

When I was recalling all this yesterday sleeping, I found it odd that I didn't worry about breath one bit and instead of pain I was in shock and didn't have time to think about the pain. when I searched google afterwards the people who had the same experience also had the same experience, some of them just felt shocked and passed out.

Well, in short when you drown instead of pain you will most likely in shock. Also, don't go into the sea at night as I did, even if you're with someone, you only gonna drag them with you.

2. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow~

You're so brave, bro. I can't swim, so maybe I'll die with the second wave.

So maybe this is why, people like to jump from a cliff, or jump from the building.

But the thing is, I think experiencing the feeling of fear is worst than feeling pain.

When I peirced my ear myself, man, it took me 20 minutes to push the needle through my ear. It's not because it hurts, but I'm kinda scare. Hehehe.

Anyway, I tried it again, and let others do it to me, and then one second it was done. Hahaha...

Then while I'm writing this, I remember the way criminals were executed before, using guns. They were blind folded or they stood/ kneel with their back facing the gun. Although, waiting for your death is scary, dying unknowingly actually is actually pretty good.

Mr. Tired and Deadmantellnotales like this.
  3. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    No, that is just you beign dumb.....had a similar experience but instead of jumping like an idiot in front the wave higher than me, i submerged closer to the ground and got away before the next wave. and if you feel shoked instead of pain, then it's mean you weren't in the water to the point of drowning...what you did was just drinking saltwater...drowning means you have your lung(not stomach) filled with water

Deadmantellnotales likes this.
  4. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol that's because you're in confusion. The more cognitive you are during drowning (or any other situation really) the more painful it is. You'll feel like your chest gonna explodes as pressure build up and then you'd automatically try to grasp some air which does not exist and you're breathing in the seawater that are saline as hell that burns all the way from throats to your lungs. The next thing you know you feel like your head and hearts about to go pop and then you die unless someone saves you.

FIEND and Deadmantellnotales like this.
  5. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link

HAHAHA oh my god that riddle was fucking hilarious in ur sig. imma try it when I’m on death row

6. Windsley

Windsley Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    had similar experiences, was swimming at the waist depth and the next thing i know is i get pulled by the wave down to the sea floor.

by the time i reach the surface, i realize my feet didnt touch anything. i can swim but i have a fear of deep water (have drowned at the river before). knowing my feet didnt touch anything, i try to float horizontally with my chest facing the sky and raise my leg to the surface.

its weird but im very comfortable with floating with my back