Spoiler Duchess of the Glass House

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by summer-162, Jan 23, 2021.

1. infireation

infireation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a rant but...
    I really wish that the spirit of Reina’s mom would just visit her father and enlighten him about the shitty things he’s done. Literally all the bad stuff happens to her because of him, he’s like the main antagonist. She clearly doesn’t deserve any of it either. I just don’t understand the idea of hating and blaming your child because of the death of your significant other. No idea if this mentality exists irl but it’s so fucked up. You should be grateful that your child survived and that the accident didn’t kill off your entire family. This is gonna sound harsh but if he wanted her gone so much he should’ve just killed her himself while she was still a kid. Why did he go out of his way to make her life as miserable as he can? I just think the father is such a flat character with no other personality other than unnecessarily hating the FL. Even his so-called “love” and “sadness” over his wife’s death doesn’t seem real. If he loved her so much how can he treat his wife’s children, whom she risked her life to save, this way? I wouldn’t be satisfied with just his death. He needs to learn the way he treated his daughter was wrong and that the woman he apparently loved would have hated him for it.

2. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve never seen this irl except in novels, but I think this does happen in real life bc it’s not impossible. In some novels I’ve read, the dad or the ML just love their significant other, but not their child or well love their child as much as they love their significant other. Like if they were to choose between their significant other or the child, they would choose the former without hesitation. Sure they would care or love the child since he/she came from between them or the FL, but ultimately the child would never be as important as their significant other. Not all parents love their child or have parental affection. FL’s dad wanted the FL to die, but not right away bc he wanted her to suffer to punish her I guess. In his perspective, his wife‘ s death and the unfortunate tragedy all stemmed from FL so he blamed her. If FL wouldn’t have done this = this wouldn’t have happened. He hates the fact that his wife died bc of the FL due to her being protected. In the end, his grief for the death of his significant other and his hate for the “cause” of it (FL) blinded him. Also, I’m not defending the dad or anything. I also hate him and what he did. If I remember correctly, there was something wrong with the carriage(?) which is actually what caused the tragedy if you logically think about it. If the carriage had no problems, would the tragedy still have happened?

Similar analogy: let’s say a younger brother asks the older brother to take him to a basketball game. On the way, an accident happens due to a drunk driver and the older brother dies. The family blames/hates the younger brother bc it was him who asked to go out, but the one who’s actually responsible was the drunk driver and the two brothers were the unfortunate victims. If only this (going out bc the younger brother wanted to see a game) didn’t happen = then that (older brother dying) wouldn’t have happened. This is the family’s perspective. However, the hate/blame is misdirected. Although one of their children died, they should have been glad that one survived instead of both of them dying, but they believe the root cause of the tragedy was bc of the younger brother so they blame him in their grief of the older brother dying.

By.Eve, Blehblah, Ice_Rose and 5 others like this.
  3. Riftan is a softie

Riftan is a softie Spoiler Hunter

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately not, El did say that he wanted to kill her, but instead he just bring her to the trial as the murderer of the duchess. It’s not clearly mentioned how her end was in the first TL bcs it was just a brief flashback when he confronted his father, but I think it’s not come out in the manhwa

I’m not sure about control people’s mind, but yeah the emperor has power and it makes people feel intimidated when they face him, even Edgar and Leina

4. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone is nuts in this story.

What's wrong with this scum? If he's so in love with his wife and can't bear her death to the point of blaming his own daughter. Why didn't he just committed suicide after the succession of his son, so he can reunite with the mother. Why is he even alive!?
    What's the point then? It means that the paternal family still would've the right over that child. After all, he's not only their own blood but also the heir of the family.

just kill the bitch father, the brother should poison him for his and his sister's own good. End of the story

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2021
    jenny, Rin.rinaaa, syofiaa and 8 others like this.
  5. ahry

ahry Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Woahh, gbu. If you have enough time, just bring out all spoiler stay healthy, I will wait for others spoiler

jenny and CaelumBlue like this.
  6. ChiZuki

ChiZuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (teenager elle confronting the old duke edgar)
    elle: because of you

I grew up believing that the one who killed my birth mother was the real mother.

because of you...

Even his death
    I tremble properly
    I haven't seen it!

(duke no reaction/emotion in his face while listening to Elle)

That face again!
    I don't know anything!

I
    I was crazy about suffering,
    Why do you do that
    Are you okay?

narration: ...15 years later,
    L.

Elle: Feel it clearly.

narration: the spirit of the era
    It became

Elle: you
    What to do
    Guilty. (then he locked up the duke)

narration:
    eventually
    Going crazy...

duke edgar thoughts while being locked up: ...is it confined?
    Who neglected my mother
    In this annex...

...Reina. (duke remembering mc).

You and my son
    Stained with madness
    Carrying an enemy country on your back
    I turned my back on my country.

okay.

...All because of me.

Open aisle
    There is no food.
    okay,
    To live
    Willingness....

(reina's image pops up in the room sitting at a sofa.duke sits beside her.)

The child like this
    Your life
    Have you watched?

With the power of the spirit
    In this recreated place...

You
    What kind of life did you live?

I'm half brother
    It was thorny.
    Duke of Vinosheet
    Lintes Victory Celebration (1st TL)

duke edgar's brother:
    Congratulations.
    Lintes' own work.

mc's brother
    Thank you, Sir.
    So far
    Please do it.

duke edgar's brother:
    It's a happy day
    naturally
    You have to attend.

mc's brother:
    By the way
    this person is...

duke edgar: *bows to greet mc's brother.

duke edgar's brother:
    Say hello together
    It would be nice to give you,
    Because it’s good manners
    I don't know.

someone not shown:
    sure,
    Lord Vinosheet
    If it's this poem...

Young edgar's thoughts while walking towards the greenhouse:
    In a family with a distinct political line

My family’s private
    The blatant malice spoken without hesitation.

I'm bored. There is nothing more to hear or gain...

greenhouse...? Is it not managed at all?

(he went in and saw MC)
    There must be people in a place like this.

By the way, in a black dress, with a hair that looks bright.

A greenhouse that was neglected as if it were abandoned....

Looks like Lady Vinosheet.

Is it because of the rumors of'curse'?

My eyes are so depressing.

But is that so.

Because of the surroundings
    Suddenly the appearance of killing himself and living
    Because it looks overlapped.

That’s why I’m saying
    What you handed... your
    Live life.

mc's father:

I don't know how to say it, but it's the first time I've been stubborn like this.

How is it? When you marry my daughter, help your succession.
    It must be a good deal for you who have inherent limitations.

edgar:

...What is a catch?

mc father:

Never give love to her.

Just leave it alone.

That way, I'll support whatever you want.

translated from korean manga to english. somehow i survived retyping in korean :blobhero: :sweating_profusely:

7. Meizey

Meizey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a bit confused about names, MC is Reina, but ML is Edhart or Edgar?
    I just can't really understand 100%, I think it's the same person, because of the divorce spoiler, but I'm not sure so that's why I'm asking.
    Elle decided to confine his father in 1. timeline because the black bitch confined his mother (Reina) for 15 years and Elle (Reina's son) found out and that's how ML found out what happened to Reina?
    Is that correct or I just completely misunderstood?
    And in second timeline ML (Edhart? Edgar?) did bot allow black bitch to meet Reina?
    I don't understand absolutely anything:blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

8. ChiZuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Female lead - Reina / leina in Spanish translation to English it sometimes turned to Queen

Male lead- Edgar/edhart.

And I think because ML remembers what happened in the first time line that's why his actions towards his ex fiancé is different now on the second time line

Viliel, Reeka98 and Meizey like this.
  9. Meizey

Meizey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So they divorced in the first one or second one?
    As far as I could understand in the first one he went to war for 15 years, and Reina was basically in prison and had to eat grass? Elle then did that do Edgar/Edhart because he was furious or some other reason?

10. ChiZuki

Reading List:
    Link
    based on the spoilers here they divorced at 2nd timeline. the manga havent reach that part yet. not sure how long Edgar was at war but reina died while still married to him at their first timeline.

11. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank for the spoilers
    Also I can't help said this about the stages of grief about the weak ML.
    No I don't undergo that sh*t, if the ML stupid, jerk and pathetic. I'll drop the novel just like Abandoned Empress and Hide yo Child.
    Your sobby backstory doesn't excuse your pathetic actions just as Kratos say Don't be sorry be better.

At least if this ML is like The Emperor Reverses Time who actually tried to make her wifu happy. Though, he got early advantages of returning as a kid. At least he didn't cheat, abuse her wife though neglecting was bad in past life. And I enjoy his pov on how much he regrets and hate himself.

But this ML didn't do anything to make MC happy cause his too scared to his father in law like spineless pathetic he is. Even El hate him in the past life.

I only like this novel due to Mother and son duo. And I can live by ignoring ML and tdlr him. Cause he looks like the person who can't talk and act properly.

I don't accept the ML, does not mean I won't read this. I can always ignore his whole existence and enjoy his suffering.

But if we got his pov and we only see crying like baby and doing nothing while MC is the one doing all the work, then he will never be a good ML and forever trash. If he did act and done something right he'll be recyclable but I still won't like him.

El best boi all the way.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  12. Meizey

Meizey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahahahahhaa I LOVE YOUR POST.
    I just had to reply to it.
    Yeah, I totally agree with you that he is weak ML. I mean, now you know what her father thinks of her and if her father jad you on his palm, now you should know what he had against you and how to fight back? Why would you just agree to a divorce if you can at least try to make things better? It reminds me in a way of The flower dance and the Wind song - he loved his wife, but was cold, her relationship with her son was really bad, but in second life/second timeline it got better. They also got a divorce, he let her go, but if I remember correctly they god back together.
    Both stories have a sad thread through them, sad note.
    I think ML could have tried to be better, he even knew everything that has happened to her.

Melita_H, nowaynoway, By.Eve and 2 others like this.
  13. Riftan is a softie

Reading List:
    Link
    I was confused with the names as well, at firsr I thought the FL was Reina, but it turned out to be Leina bcs the writing of R and L are the same (in the raws the authot wrote it in alphabet that it was Leina).

ML’s name is 에드하르 (Edhar), but sometime MTL gave me Edgar instead of Edhar, so I just go with the one I’m comfortable with.

It was ML who confined Leina in the detached house, but he had no intention to confine her for a long time bcs he just wanted her to get better so that she can touch her son.

and ML didn’t allow the ex fiancee to meet FL both in the first and second TL.

Kinda sad for El who had to going back and forth from his father’s mansion to his mother’s because of their divorce. Even when it was time for him to be with FL, she was too busy with works and El had to play with the spirits :blobcry: but I love his cute interactions with his daddy :blobupset:

14. xxxuawn

xxxuawn Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IM REALLY ANGRY WITH MC'S FATHER. LIKE- WTF????? He is the one who brings that damned black bitch to her house??!?!? What exactly he wants???? To make or enjoy his daughter suffer?? Such a psycho. I'll kill him myself.

15. Gothita

Gothita Alive...

Reading List:
    Link
    Not necessarily.
    In AE shit, that bastard didn't even remember the shits he had done to MC. So there was never an apology. And he's torture to FL was irrational.

But here the ML remembered, he also had some circumstances for his action, he at least apologized to FL. Although he's still trash.

So Don't even compare buddy. It's hundred times better than YOU KNOW WHAT[​IMG]

june27, aliceyriz, Mikaa and 2 others like this.
  16. Mae Rogel 82

Mae Rogel 82 Call me Mae _ [Red step-siblings(Eldest)]

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me will the fl divorce the ML? Kinda I feel pity for him... Coz he loved her in the 1st timeline but he doesn't have the power to protect her... Please tell I wish them to be together!

LePetiteReader likes this.
  17. Riftan is a softie

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, she divorced him and became independet as a Count and emperor’s dog

18. Zsamia Savage

Zsamia Savage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the Spoilers!!!
    Tbh I'm kinda conflicted. I didn't like the pathetic personality of the ML but as a psych major, I feel like he have a severe personality disorder. I'm fine with redemption too. I wanna see how the story goes. I'm a big for Character development and Character as more than a 1D Character. So these stories are great for me to read. I mean I'm also tired of unrealistic strong ml who have solutions to everything. The guy's personality made him more like a person to me, which is a good thing when writing a Character. For now I just wanna see how the story goes. And judge from there

19. Mae Rogel 82

Mae Rogel 82 Call me Mae _ [Red step-siblings(Eldest)]

Reading List:
    Link
    Then what about after?did he remarry?what happen to elle?

CaelumBlue likes this.
  20. Nidlx

Nidlx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wtf !!! So till the end they’ll have different paths ?