Spoiler Duchess of the Glass House

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by summer-162, Jan 23, 2021.

1. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Physical abuse because you didn't like the story? At least this was more creative than death threats over Twitter.
    Quite a lovely temper, you have. Not.

Quite a revelation. Not sure if some readers will be persuaded anyway.

2. Mangafreakspark

Mangafreakspark Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What! It’s a shame though because she had so much potential to live on her own without the man who plotted with her father for power and is acting like a helpless victim.
    Thanks for the heads up though

3. honeymochi

honeymochi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you, everyone, for the spoilers! It's unfortunate that this is the fate of the FL, but it can't be helped. Well, even if it's like this, I'll keep reading, since I'm now personally invested in her and Elle's happiness. :blobsalt:

donaiseiyuu likes this.
  4. ChiZuki

ChiZuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    girl knight: sir, we have prepared everything I order.

ML: good job.

girl knight: by the way, why have you bought so many spirit stones ...?

ML: We will also build a greenhouse in the back.

girl knight: what ...? A greenhouse?

ML: if we make a greenhouse using the spiritual stones ... it will be full of energy from nature.
    I'll put some kind of alarm or something like magic surveillance on it.

girl knight: no, I mean ...
    Why does he suddenly want to do it? why would you do something like that?

ML thoughts: to help Elle in the future. that's all I can do for you ... I think it might help you a little to avoid past pain.

(first time line memory of ML)

FL: please my son ...! (she's saying it toward monica)

Elle: you should feel it too!

ML thoughts: the more I think about the past ... the more I look back. I don't think you and Elle can easily forgive me. but ... reina, I'm going to stop you from dying.

(ML talking to FL's father)

FL father: I'm going to tell you again because I think you forgot our last date.

forget about her.

ML thoughts: the duke tries to tie me up again. but unfortunately for him.

FL father: she is cursed. The curse will only end when I see blood. the more ...

ML: Duke, she's not your little girl anymore. she is now the Duchess of Heathville. It's my decision, she will go where she wants to go. I don't want him to intrude on our relationship again.

ML thoughts: having the duke help me with my succession was a double-edged sword. the duke was blinded by hatred and could not think properly. for you it should have been the same ... so this time it will be different. why do you always sacrifice yourself? Didn't you try to change? because?

FL: elle ... I like the name Elle.

thoughts: Elle ...
    you named our son Elle.
    because..?

butler: I think the lady likes the greenhouse. What if you go too?
    ... (looking at ML)
    I can't believe I'm in the greenhouse in this heat.
    she just gave birth.
    although I don't think he will faint again. maybe you should call the doctor as a precaution.

ML: donovan ...

butler: yes, my lord.

ML: bring me a hat.
    FL: when you call him by his name he looks you straight in the eye. come closer and check it out. (now wearing the hat)

ML thoughts: are you allowing me to get closer? even when I take it away from you?
    can I get a little closer?

(before meeting FL to dance)
    girl knight:
    my lord ... where is he dressed like this?
    he's finally thinking of becoming a human being.

ML: don't be annoying.

ML thoughts: you don't like my stiff face.

ML: come on. It is time for the Duchess to do her duty.

FL: .... if you wish.

ML thoughts: I will worry. I'll get a little closer to you. and maybe...

FL: do you like me?

ML thoughts: what ...? (blushes) I can't answer that question. it is not possible that she likes me. but ... and if so? if you...

FL: no, don't answer me.

ML thoughts: ah ...

FL: I will do my best to fulfill you as Duchess. dancing with you is only a political tool ...

ML thoughts: "don't expect anything from me."

2nd timeline ML thoughts at the boat when he was talking to FL: why was I so proud? because I ... until now I realize ...? sorry queen. I've finally realized that I like you.
    :cookie::aww:blobmelt_thumbs

sorry some dialogue or thoughts im not sure who is thinking or saying it. :blobjoy: and i forgot the name of the female knight.

5. primgles

primgles Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hello umm, did the FL and ML divorce each other? TT

Ghost123 and ChiZuki like this.
  6. Berry.Blast.20

Berry.Blast.20 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can this page just have spoilers rather than personal interpretation and discussions?...There's a page just for that on the opening page of the spoiler section at 2or 3?

Please...its a request

7. Mikleo

Mikleo Struggling Author

Reading List:
    Link
    This thread has 10% spoiler and 90% discussion rant...

8. Desperate

Desperate Desperate for spoilers <( °-° )>

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao that still doesn't justify his stupidity. He's redemption arc? It's so stupid. He only realize her worth and regretted it when their very own son confronted him. He's still shit to the core. Coward and shit. I can't understand why the fl is a problem too considering the fact that she's literally not in a good mental state while the ml is in complete consciousness but still fcuk everything up. He only regretted when his son told him. He's still shit and doesn't deserve any forgiveness. I hate stories like this. It literally romanticizes trauma. The fl had trauma from the ml, but somehow her ass still ended up falling inlove with him. Ugh, just a disappointment. I would have love this if the fl love someone else, not these douchebag. Like ml literally regretted it and finally realize his stupid ass after his old and someone finally said it to his face. I still can't.

9. ayami123

ayami123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well you just had some issues on forgiving some one,

10. chimmahwa

chimmahwa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did Reina end up with Edhart/Edgar though?

I've seen in previous pages of this thread long typed rants about the Edhart/Edgar. I know he had a ton of shit to deal with, but he was narrow-minded and easily manipulated. I understood his reasons for his actions but his ability to think out of the box was narrow, which in turn caused Reina to die and for his only son to indirectly (?) kill him. He was a duke, but he absolutely did not possess any power whatsoever. He was controlled like a puppet and swayed like a puppet. Unfortunately, he all realised this entirely on his brink of death.

Do I think that they should end up together? Yes, but there's still a long way to go. Their miscommunication was nauseating, it made my head hurt.

As for Reina, she had her issues too. She was belittled, had low self-esteem, and like her husband, was easily swayed by words. It's not her fault that she grew up to be like that but it was because of her shitty shitty shitty father. I totally blame Reina's father, he was shit. F U, you son of a b. He was a god-tier manipulator, ugh I wish I could just slap his ugly ass face.

Anyways, have fun reading guys, love lots always ;-3

11. Le Mon Juice

Le Mon Juice Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone spoil me if there is a deeper reason to why MC's dad hates her or is it just because she was present when her mother died? Is she actually cursed or is it just her father spreading rumours? Cause ngl, MC's dad's reasoning for hating her is really weak, she didn't even have anything to do with her mother's death.

Also there is really a lot of hate for the ML, huh. We get so many novels (e.g. Villainess turns the Hourglass, Villainess lives twice, Queen of the scalpel/Doctor Elise) where FL does really bad stuff, gets a second chance and gets her happy ending after redeeming herself (or not). And readers still love her. Why is an ML not allowed to do the same? He even has the extra difficulty that FL remembers the previous timeline, unlike the novels where it's the FL who goes back. And he is nothing like the one from Abandoned Empress. He wasn't malicious towards the FL, on the contrary he was one of the few people who actually cared for her. He was just stupid and didn't love her enough to fight back too much. And he has been redeeming himself pretty well this timeline. I'd be perfectly fine with them ending up together if it's done well.

12. raeeeda

raeeeda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    idc what anyone says this ml is one of my favourites, he is very human and truly got his bad end and is ready to make her happy

Melita_H, Sansushira, Arcana and 7 others like this.
  13. seabreezemojito

seabreezemojito Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He actually got flaws like a human and not OP, he isnt really The Male Lead Almighty that could challenge imperial power n shit, he’s actually pretty weak which is fine but he lives in the wrong situation, so his weakness cause other people who he should have protected miserable. Maybe i could relate to him because im not a strong person either, im not sure what to do in that situation. Imagining it is easy but facing the situation when they are right in your face is hard

14. reizleigh

reizleigh Wicked Oni

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually don't understand the ML in the first timeline. I mean he's already the duke he has enough power to protect his wife and son. MC's father said on manhwa that he'll kill her if the ML try to give attention to her telling that he already have standby people blabla so what? He just have to think of a plan smh. I honestly pity him but when I read his POV no nevermind you get what u deserve.

Also can someone explain how did the MC's mother died? Why sid they blame MC tho?

I'm crying this is really so sad :cry:

errorusernamesmh and djan29 like this.
  15. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if he was the duke, does he have the experience to wield the said power? I think people think that just because a title is higher than another doesn't mean the said person can't be manipulated or they are somewhat infallible to doing bad decisions.
    He was younger than Reina's father and the guy has experience on his side when dealing with people, even fellow nobles.
    Picture this: Old count who already have friends with fellow aristocrats and knows how to do polcitcs. vs
    A son-in-law who was a duke but doesn't know politics and pressured by his father-in-law with spies in his own house.

Who really holds the advantage here?

The amount of people here having that line for thinking just makes me think people just want the guy to be nailed at a cross and for an arranged marriage he didn't even want.

16. seabreezemojito

seabreezemojito Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree, he might pity her but when that crazy dad killing his employees. The options he have are fight the duke + the imperial family (which deff seems harder) vs abondon the woman he pity. So he chose the easy way out. What he didnt predict was that decision of his would ultimately destroy his life and his son (plus people his son killed) + the duchy. He thought he only sacrificed one woman’s life and saves his employees life + the duchy + his authority in politics + his son. Boy, little did he know, he was so damn wrong

illysillymilly and RakaSarkar like this.
  17. reizleigh

reizleigh Wicked Oni

Reading List:
    Link
    Then why in the second life? Why not in the 1st life? Coz he knows what will happen in the future? He just have to find his courage.. Its given that he lacks experience when it comes to 'politics' coz he just recently earned his title but that doesn't mean that he'll set aside his wife and his son, he doesn't have the 'will' to protect thats why reina's father took advantage to him, got easily manipulated and etc etc. So what if his younger and lack experience? He's a duke he has the responsibility to protect his people not the other way round. He wants to give attention to his wife but Reina's father threatening him thats it? No, that's cowardice. I've read many stories similar to this plot but at least they show their will to protect I'm not comparing but meh.

donaiseiyuu likes this.
  18. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he’s protecting everyone by leaving Reina alone in the first life. Her father had the guts to kill nobles, the Duke’s vassals, without any circumstances. Do you think it will make him any harder to kill his grandchild?
    In this life they started not from the beginning but from the time after they got married, so ML started to solve issues with the knowledge he had from the previous life to cover the lack of power he currently has. In the previous life he couldn’t do anything, he had spies planted around his house and no resources to figure out who they are, he needed to fight with vassals who are not wholeheartedly supporting him over every decision. The duchy and title are his basically only on paper, there are a lot of underlining processes going on there, that limit his options.
    In our modern world it will be similar to being a CEO who is not the owner of a company but just a hired employee and every his decision can be easily declined by the directors board votes. And each his step can be manipulated by others from the directors board if they need to keep him in check, like firing his people or banning communications with certain companies.

Le_Tired, Dojaa, Dhiyfal and 6 others like this.
  19. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! Chef's kiss to this.

He was wrong. But you know what they said, hindsight is a bitch.
    It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't the situation.
    There were no happy endings unless you kill the count early on.
    Unless he had clairvoyance, it's just a mess of actions and consequences.

seabreezemojito and Celebrianna like this.
  20. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw Reina’s father is a Duke too, so here we have a powerful person with money and experience against a newbie with the same title who can’t establish his connections and gain power unless the psycho father in law allows it.
    I was wondering why Reina’s father went through the trouble of marrying her off to ML, but I guess it was killing two birds with one stone, he could make sure his hated daughter is left miserable with a little level of effort from his side and he could have the second powerful family in the kingdom to move according to his will blackmailing ML to kill his firstborn. It would have been way harder to do so if ML’s brother has succeeded the position.

june27, Arcana, Dhiyfal and 4 others like this.