Spoiler Duchess of the Glass House

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by summer-162, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for that information. I’m actually reading the official manhwa on Tapas which is in chapter 20s. However, I have seen the Korean raws. So Gorka is the guy who sat with Edgar when they took El to the temple for healing? He must have some contention with the Rotwal family because Cermine mentions that she’s accustomed to feeling the energy of the curse that Edgar had because they fought against the priests many times. The two religions or beliefs systems seem to clash several times in the past.

kurohamukami, syofiaa and cjburaira like this.
  2. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, we first see Gorka in ch42-43, he has previously declined Reina’s and Edgar’s requests to visit the temple and only Reina’s visit to her father allowed them to enter. And I just re-read those two chapters, it turned out that Gorka has requested 5 wagons of mana stones for lifting the curse from El. So it looks like a lot of forces are eyeing Reina’s mine, not only Monica and the princes.

3. indfam

indfam New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I must be one of the very few who is actually glad that main leads divorced = not for FL but because it would save ML's life. At the rate he was going, his guilt and zeal to protect his family would have got him killed pretty soon. And for FL too. Because FL died young and with so much sorrow inside of her, in second time line she was sort of obsessed with her young son. It is thwarted mother's pain and it must have been painful for her to be in presence of man who separated her from her child. It was healthier for her to get away from source and heal herself. And the fact that she accepted allowing her son to stay far away from her for a year is indication that she might be becoming more healthy.

One thing I have noticed about most Korean novels of this kind is that they don't allow their females to actually grow. Gaining more power is not growth. Understanding oneself and others and improving based on that information is growth. Poor communication between couples reminds me of old school M& B. To top it all there is always that dreaded first narration from females perspective which gives no scope to the readers to understand ML. I have yet to come across a single story from this genre where FL actually learns some valuable lesson and admits she could have made some mistakes in past too. Beside, why does ex or new gf of their hubby have to be crazy villainous. Why couldn't Monica have been someone who loved ML with all her heart and got angry when her love was thwarted because of FL's selfish desire to be with man who gave her pep talk. Why do these authors fear that readers will hate their FL if they are not perfect

For instance Remarried Empress which is possibly one of the worst offender of this genre has this - I am so perfect - he is trash- kind of sentiment that might resonate with readers feeling low after breakup but is hilarious for those with happier mindset. Was the book written by someone undergoing bitter divorce or separation? Even the man FL eventually marries is just a prize. He does not even come across as real human. Moving on to this book.

For all those who think Males had more power than FL, here is power structure that dictated society of that time-

High Born Males> High Born females > Illegitimate High Born > Low Born Males > Low Born Females
    Which puts the wife at higher precedence than her husband.

Without this power structure, male servants would have ravished their master's daughter right, left and center. Without this structure, feminism would not have been born. It was males from lower class who fought for better rights and rights to votes. High born females re-used the movement to bring notice to injustice that was meted out to them too. It is part of history.

Do I feel ML is 100% blameless -not really. Do I think he is trash, hell no. Apart from his own trashy family, he had to endure unreasonable boss in form of Emperor, new dukedom that gave him very little power (at least at beginning), cray-cray FIL who went on murder spree at any given moment, depressed wife and crazy son. I sympathize with him strongly. He was quite young when all of this happened. In this time line, his mind if not his body is older and he now has more experience. He is right about the fact that he needs her forgiveness for past life. But in this time line he has done everything he can to give them all a chance to have better life. I commend him for that.

One thing I noticed is ML, in both time line, has far healthier mindset than FL. For one he does seem to have formed better connections around him. He cares about people under him, he did fall in love and he does seem to care about FL and their son. His guilt seems to have stemmed from point where he thought -that his wife had gone crazy when she rejected their son after child birth -and separated the two. Once he saw how much she pinned for the child, he understood the mistake he had made. In second time line he fixed the issue right at the start when he forced the child into her hand giving her no time to repeat the mistake.

Point to note, in this time line his mind and experience are that of middle aged man. By the time he died, he learnt the way to handle the dukedom that was handed to him, to handle his FIL who had been biggest problem and more importantly understood what triggers to avoid. Which could be why he comes across as sailing more smoothly in this time line. It is not because he has power. It is because he has gained more experience. Power is just tool. You need knowledge to work with it. It also helps that his wife is no longer wilted flower waiting for someone to save her. This helped him a lot. I hope he gains love of his son if not of his wife. He worked really hard this time around.

As for FL, I hope she heals. But most importantly learn to form more connections. Make friends, meet other family members. She has gone from powerless damsel in distress to I am powerful hear me Roar kind of person without taking any kind of steps towards normalcy. I know it is tall glass to order in Korean manhua but I hope she realizes that her husband had some hardship to endure too. Now that she is going to be free and become Emperor's servant, it might give her better insight on how difficult it must have been for her husband to work under that person. I hope she demands better communication from her ex-hubby too. I am not holding my breathe about all of it though.

Her divorce came at time when she had realized that she had developed feelings for her hubby in second time line while she hated the person in first time line. I hope this conflicting feeling in her goes away before she agrees to be with him and that he stops having guilty feeling. He has given her ample support in second time line to let her become her own person. Beside, guilt and gratitude are not good basis for any relation - let alone love. I am not surprised the author gave duo only three years of separation. More than that and he might have lost all interest in romance and would have thought of her in nostalgic way. Curse of middle aged man.

These are my 2 cents anyway. How did the duo reconcile btw? Who took the first step?

4. ayami123

ayami123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wait the novel is not finished ?

5. Sansushira

Sansushira Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wow.. its so satisfied knowing ML and FL can back together in the end... I feel pity for both of them, so I hope both of them can be happy...
    I dont care about some people say ML is bad like a sh*t whatsover... I love both ML and FL, they both very human with all their trauma and circumstance.. yes.. I hope they can be happy together, and if I can ask for more, I hope El have a little sister :D

6. godjam

godjam Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why is the the ml???

7. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that you put it in that way, I suddenly feel extremely sorry for the ML. That's some weight to carry. What's more, I'm such a petty person. If I'm put in that situation, I would somehow start to blame my partner. Not only she's an adult who cannot function on her own and needed extreme attention, she also cannot do her duties, responsibilities, and just outright a burden. I would feel resentful as I could not breathe anywhere. Not at work nor even at home. Of course that just my petty ass. I was always told that women aren't guys therapist but looking at it, it goes both ways.

CaelumBlue, Angela3107 and YanJun like this.
  8. K1ndNaru

K1ndNaru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with most things you've said including that the divorce is better for both of them. I still think it would have been harder for the wife to make connections with everyone because literally everyone was against her. The husband was also in a similar situation. Tbh, no one was really there to support both of them ;-;. And if you think about it, the Father in law manipulated the situation (bringing the ex and so on) to make it seem like the husband abandoned her so I can't blame her for resenting the husband. I agree that because she was depressed, it would seem like she was a burden and she wasn't doing her duties but I can't blame how both the FL and ML were acting because they were both heavily affected by traumatic experiences with no one to support them. I'm rooting for the son though because he is cuuute~ Also, I think the ML's actions are heavily driven by guilt after the son blamed him and put him in a similar situation as his wife ( I think he locked him in the same room as her in the first timeline). I think he started loving her only later on in the second timeline because he was forced to marry her in the first timeline. And the FL is driven by her love/obsession for her son.

In the end, I just want the three of them to be happy and everyone else to be destroyed. Especially the imperial family, Monica and the father. I especially want to know the end of the father!!!!

cjburaira, YanJun, Shoo and 1 other person like this.
  9. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    So, Gaia goes to help a surprised Raina fight the Ragini prince. Raina is probably surprised because Gaia is supposed to be inside Edgar. She wonders if Gaia signed a contract with Edgar or something of the sort. However, when she takes a break and leaves the fight to Gaia, she goes to Edgar and asks about it. Edgar denies a contract between them. Edgar is acting suspicious so she then asks him about El’s whereabouts and if he made Gaia sign a contract with El. Actually, it’s more like she accuses him of perhaps getting Gaia to sign a contract with El when he’s only a kid. First, Edgar tells her he left El in the imperial palace. She’s upset about this maybe because she doesn’t trust the emperor with El and of course the other ladies there. She thought she could entrust El with his father but his father left him in the imperial palace. What she doesn’t know is that Edgar left El with Zion. He asked Zion to protect El. Remember Zion is the kid whom she rescued from fire in the duchy and he’s extremely talented with magic. Anyway, Edgar also denies making El sign a contract with Gaia. Still Raina is very upset and one of the spirits had to intervene to get her to back off. I believe it’s the wolf spirit. He tells Raina that they need to focus on the current situation and strategy. Meanwhile, Edgar doesn’t say anything but he already realizes that El must have signed the contract with Gaia in the first timeline. I don’t think him and Raina know that the other has memories of the first timeline. Anyway, the two of them, the magicians and the spirits work on their plan to subdue the enemy.

Meanwhile, Gaia and the Ragini CP fight. During this time, it’s revealed that El used to work with Ragini in the first timeline. The man taunts Gaia that he will come after El. It doesn’t matter that his parents hide him right now because when he conquer the empire, nobody will stand in the way of him getting his hands on El. Gaia is quite sensitive to this issue so it’s like she’s enraged and loses control. Ragini tells Gaia that her power is weak and she should come to him.

In the palace, Zion is watching over El just like he promised Edgar and he’s serious about protecting the kid. El remembers his father told him to stick to Zion until he returns. The two are playing outside in the garden. El complains every now and then to Zion that he feels like he’s getting poked. (I don’t know if it’s because Gaia is fighting and he’s still bound by the contract between them) They meet a royal lady name Luisa who seem to have a somewhat hostile attitude towards El but she leaves quickly enough to continue on her way. Later, the emperor calls them to see him and Zion doesn’t like it but cannot disobey. When the two boys are in the room with the emperor, the ground is shaking like an earthquake because of the battle outside with the spirits commandeered by Ragini and Raina. El is acting all innocent and wondering what’s happening. The emperor put Zion to sleep with a spell and then confronts El. Lo and behold, that kid has memories of the first timeline. It seems that the seal on his memories somehow came loose so I don’t know how long now he’s remembered the past. He and the emperor start to talk like adult to adult. El tells the emperor that as expected, dragons never forget. The emperor asks him if he turned back time because he regretted the death of his parents. He said he heard his mother died from lung disease and his father died locked away in an abandoned house. El tells him thanks for sending his father to Rotwall to save him but he shouldn’t meddle anymore now. It seems in the first timeline El turned the empire into a war zone with Ragini CP. He also killed the emperor or rather, the emperor wanted to die because he was bored of living. So now the emperor is complaining because El turned back time and he’s forced to live his boring life all over again. El suddenly starts to feel an abundance of power in his body. He can’t handle the overwhelming power so he faints.

The fight between Raina and the Ragini cp continues. That’s because they’re trying to buy time for the magicians and they’re also looking for the body of the Ragini cp. Raina and her spirits start to descend to the broken up earth and the Ragini cp realizes their goal of finding his body. He rushes after them but is eventually blocked by one of the spirits while Raina asks an earth spirit to find the body. She can hear the guy screaming like crazy but it’s important that they find his body.

10. SamV

SamV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sheesh imagine a freaking baby talking some philosophical shit to an old emperor

anyways why did El and Regina CP collab before in first TL

11. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    Raina, her spirits and Gaia are trying to locate prince Ragini’s body. The guy is in hot pursuit. There’s a history about another man from Ragini, probably royalty too, who befriended the spirits long ago. He was also powerful. Maybe he was somewhat similar to El. Anyway, he seemed like one of those type of people who loved nature and achieved enlightening through interacting with the spirits and nature. However, his greedy people didn’t want him to leave them (death comes to everyone) so somehow they got their hands on his body and there was a series of experiments which led to the transplant of his thoughts/power into the present day prince of Ragini. Raina’s goal is to remove the prince’s power by finding the body of the ancestor. This is why she and the spirits are in the underground reservoir looking for the body.

In the midst of this, Gaia thinks back to the first timeline. It seems that it is El who gave her the name Gaia while telling her that it’s the ancient name of earth spirits. Apparently, El left home at an early age and became a soldier of Ragini to earn money to buy land and build a house. However, things went awry once the prince Ragini learned of El’s power. The prince was able to somehow infiltrate El’s spirit (or something of the sort) to bind El to his service. Gaia was worried about El because all the killing and stuff he had to do for prince of Ragini were haunting him until El eventually became numb to killing. El couldn’t just leave the prince since he would die according to whatever the prince did to him. Remember the prince’s method of using spirits is also taboo so it’s like he uses unorthodox methods to force people. Consequently, El began to look for a way to become free from the prince.

After the prince killed the dragon, emperor of Sorsier, he unified the continent. That’s when El found out about the ancestor that the prince draws his power from and he decides to look for the body. He tortured some imperial personnel guy and finds out that the body is in the underground reservoir. Only, when he goes there, the room was locked with the seal of the dragon. El is devastated because the emperor, the last remaining dragon, is dead. This is when he decides to sacrifice his life to turn back time.

Gaia woke up before El and had to wait for him to be born. (The translation actually says she waited hundreds of years for him to be born but it’s weird that Reina and Edgar only wakes up in the second timeline after El is already conceived) Anyway, Gaia also thinks of her conversation with the emperor before coming to the battlefield. She tells the emperor that he needs to open the door for them to get to the Ragini ancestor’s body. Remember when she and El were there in the first timeline, the door was sealed with the power of the dragon. Gaia is irritated with the emperor’s blatant indifference...like he’s bored. The emperor tells her that Raina should be able to get the door open.

Currently, Raina will try to open the door. The vibrations in the water alert her that the Ragini prince will soon arrive. Gaia decides that she will go back to fight off the Ragini guy. Raina is left alone to figure out how to open the door. A voice whispers to her to use her blood. Raina warily asks who is it. She asks if he is the voice of the Ragini ancestor. The voice affirms this. Raina takes the dagger and cuts her hand. Her blood opens the door. The voice tells her that he’s hard to kill because he’s a part of nature. It tells Raina that for now, she should take the dagger and break the spirit stone on his chest. He says that in order for him to disappear completely, she will need to combine her power with the dragon and the Heathbillion lord. (He says the Heavenly, the Maj and the dragon...each one represent the imperial family, the Heathbillion and probably Raina’s father family) Raina does what the voice says to temporarily stop the power of the Ragini prince.

Additional: at one point Raina had to lend strength to Gaia and while doing this, she “hears” some of Gaia’s memories. She thinks the voice in them sound familiar. So she probably will realize soon that El and Gaia knew each other from the first timeline.

12. K1ndNaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank youuu! The story has evolved a lot than what I expected!

13. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks so much for the summary! I thought the Emperor will be the main villain but somehow it’s funny that he’s just a bored dragon.

syofiaa, Tofufufu and illysillymilly like this.
  14. Caroline0101

Caroline0101 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I FEEL SO CONFUSED AND FRUSTRATED. ( read upto Chapter 47 manhwa)

I thought I knew what this mahwa is all about but now I don't know anymore, she wakes up after having sacrificed herself for her son and husband and asks for a divorce after the husband confesses his love for her, am like what the hell! ;

With all the enemies they have, her only ally is her husband, they could barely manage to fend of that ambush with the two of them powerful as they are so how confident is she to manage them alone after the divorce and top of that their true enemies are still unknown, speaking of enemies why does that pair of mother and son have lots of enemies eg, her father, the royal family, the temple, the Ebbot family where the black Haired bitch rules and that counsel of masked people that spearheaded that ambush that almost took her life.

Then there is that oath taken by the duke's family with the royal family, it seems like a hidden danger waiting to happen.

And the fact that their son can actually hold spirits.

Also why does her father hate her so much, it can't just be the fact that her mother died bacuse of her; that kind of hatred the Duke portrays is one of obsession that's not the kind of thing you feel for your own daughter however heartbroken you are because of your wife so I feel like there is a hidden plot twist there, man my head is spinning with all this thinking, lots of questions and no answers to them some one save me from this dilemma.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
    cjburaira and YanJun like this.
  15. purple pink

purple pink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    s2 so cute
    edit: the novel is completed , can anyone post ending spoilers?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
  16. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, the season 2 covers looks so lovely. Raina looks younger too.
    I was sitting on this summary for a while with the intent to add more chapters to it but I haven’t read the chapters for some time now so I’ll drop this here for now.

It’s the winding down of the rebellion that the second prince instigated.
    When Raina destroys the spirit stone that belongs to Ados (Ragini ancestor), a lot of power is momentarily released. Ados tells her that while he is weakened now, if they don’t destroy him, he will regain his power in a week and that will also mean that prince Ragini (Dialke) will also regain his strength. Therefore, she has to get the dragon and Heathbillion to cooperate to help him disappear.

Raina joins Gaia who has subdued the prince of Ragini. She wants to know how she was able to find out information on what to do next and Raina whispers that she spoke to Ados’s thoughts. While Ados isn’t alive anymore, the experiments left his power and thoughts in the world. Dialke is upset since he’s now weak and Gaia wraps him in chains and either her or Raina makes him unconscious. They return to the surface to find that Edgar and the Sorsier army defeated the Ragini army. The mages on the other side were killed when the earth opened and swallowed them. Then the prince disappeared and the army lost its morale when it realized the prince was defeated. Edgar orders the army to chase the enemy and surround them in a certain territory where he believes the second prince is situated with his mother.

Raina joins him and Edgar checks to make sure she’s okay and didn’t suffer any injuries. He apprises Raina of the situation and is shortly interrupted by a soldier who brought a confidential letter. He opens it and reads it then laughs. Raina wants to know what’s so funny so Edgar takes her hand and leads her to the privacy of a barrack. He reads the content of the letter which informs the reader that the second prince has the emperor’s seal and the secret layout of the imperial palace including traps, magic security, etc. The second prince states that if he cannot secure a safe retreat for himself and his mother, he intends to pass the confidential items to Ragini. Raina laughs when she hears the content. She wonders if the emperor allowed the second prince to simply take the items because it’s unusual that the second prince has the items in his possession. Edgar says that he has to see the emperor and Raina agrees. In addition, she needs to get the emperor’s cooperation on dealing with Ados and Dialke before Ados regains his strength.

El, Zion and the emperor seem to be playing some math game. El is frustrated because he keeps repeating that 4+4=8 but the emperor seem to be pulling his leg. Zion reflects on the fact that he was scared before when he woke up and thought the emperor had done something to El but El was just asleep. The emperor tells El that his parents are coming. El is excited. The emperor says something like he has a lot of love now. El tells him that his mom, dad and himself are the best. The servant outside announces the count and the duke and as soon as the door opens, El runs to his parents calling out mom and dad. Edgar hugs El and tells the emperor that he has a matter to discuss.

Edgar gives the second prince’s letter to the emperor who thinks the prince acted foolishly. He gives Edgar permission to suppress the territory where the prince is hiding with his mother, the injured Ragini soldiers, and the count of the territory. Raina then informs the emperor that she has something to share but asks that he grants permission for Zion and El to leave the room. The emperor acquiesces and Edgar gives El to Zion and the two leave the room. Raina brings up the topic of Ados who was sealed in the underground waterway. The emperor knows about it but Edgar doesn’t so the emperor allows Raina to explain about Ados and the link between him and Dialke. She tells Edgar that Ados’s power was implanted in Dialke. She also informs both men that Ados said that in order to destroy the crown prince’s power, she needs the cooperation of the emperor and Duke Heathbillion. The emperor is impressed that Raina captured the crown prince of Ragini alive.

At a count’s estate, the second prince is waiting to hear back from the emperor. Outside the window, presumably in the distance, the soldiers of Sorsier are seen gathering. The prince slams his fist on the desk. He thinks the plans he stole and the emperor’s stamp might not be enough of a bargaining chip. He wants to escape Sorsier with his mother but he can’t readily accomplish it. His mother comes to see him and admonishes him to give up and ask the emperor for mercy. The second prince is annoyed by her suggestion. He thinks they would be imprisoned or killed. The mother shuts up since the prince snapped at her. The count agrees with the queen’s reasoning but the second prince isn’t willing to surrender. While they’re pondering this matter, a voice interrupts them like a savior and a man they all know step into the room. It’s the priest Gorka.

17. K1ndNaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank youuu for thiiiiissss!
    Also, I'm looking forward to the end of Raina's father. I hope he gets a good punishment.

18. Deleted member 411209

Deleted member 411209 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoiler please! Thank you so much.

19. Quimquim_20

Quimquim_20 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They get to claim independence after the emperor die and they win the final battle. I believe this is the final chapter

I'll try to find what happened to the shit dad though.

20. dumplingslag

dumplingslag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m soooo happy they divorced ! Did y’all see the latest chapter ??? She’s GLOWING ! Also ELLE is killing me cos how fricking cuteeeee

Does he suffer tho ?

Yes but she’s finally so happy ! And she’s a spiritist and Elle is still the dukes son and for sure will protect him this time ATLEAST so I’m glad she divorced ! Like the latest manhwa chapter?? I was tearing up seeing her and Elle remembering she never got to see him grow up before

Yes but she’s finally so happy ! And she’s a spiritist and Elle is still the dukes son and for sure will protect him this time ATLEAST so I’m glad she divorced ! Like the latest manhwa chapt
    nah seeing Reina in the latest chapters, im acc so happy for her! She’s finally experiencing Elle frowning up which she missed out on before. Once divorced she let go of her hatred anger and resentment toward edhart and now she’s happy. Yes she might be in trouble but it’s not like her life was smooth sailing when they were together. Im just so happy to see them together

Yes but she’s finally so happy ! And she’s a spiritist and Elle is still the dukes son and for sure will protect him this time ATLEAST so I’m glad she divorced ! Like the latest manhwa chapt
    nah seeing Reina in the latest chapters, im acc so happy for her! She’s finally experiencing Elle frowning up which she missed out on before. Once divorced she let go of her hatred anger an
    bug her power is rooted to her relationship with her husband and her family’s support. That’s the case for any women out there. Villain or not. She had neither. Her husband “supposedly” had a lover so the people in the house wouldn’t respect her as duchess on top of that she already had a meek personality as a result of years of emotional abuse.

evanesco99211 likes this.