Spoiler Duchess of the Glass House

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by summer-162, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Hypersomnia

Hypersomnia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry to bother you guys but can anyone tell me the ending?

this story is strange, the majority of stories about fantasy that play back time must have a problem and of course when entering chapter 30, 40 or 50 the male and female characters must have entered a good relationship (even manhwa sierra has fixed the relationship with male characters when under chapter 20)
    and different from this one story. even more complicated even to the point of divorce. so can anyone give a spoiler of what their relationship ended up like? also sorry if i asked about the spoiler. i don't hate this story, it's just that, bro, are you serious? as time goes by, their relationship gets even more complicated.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
  2. Annan_Tess

Annan_Tess Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She work for the emperor... That make me think.. I don't agree the emperor shceming

3. Berry.Blast.20

Berry.Blast.20 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    someone please tell me what happens to the bastard father of Reina and that bitch Monica or whatever her name is?

rubychan likes this.
  4. Wangjia

Wangjia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you spoil about the curse on ML's body after the kidnapping of FL, which magician stated that he's gonna live for 3 months ???

L.A.C.L. likes this.
  5. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    The spirit Gaia helps to heal him. They stay merged even after the healing up to the part I read which covered the rebellion. Gaia is the spirit who accompanied Ell in the previous timeline but then time regressed. She will probably make an appearance now that Raina discovered the curse. It’s likely Gaia helped Edgar because he’s Ell’s dad. She’s very fond of Ell.

Kirarapot, L.A.C.L., Tibera02 and 3 others like this.
  6. LunarCiel

LunarCiel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to MC's father at the end? And why did he do such terrible things to his own daughter?

Lilylam likes this.
  7. Fishyla

Fishyla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Been marathoning this series, and while I agree ML was pretty bad in the first TL, I think the comment sections condemning him was unfair.

I believe he was dealt a bad hand when his initial fault was being a busybody and gave a peptalk to the FL. Nobody would have expected that FL would forcefully asked to be married to him. This poor guy was actually forced and yes forced because initially he didnt even agree with the crazy father. But said crazy father started killing his people, so what to do? He never did tell FL that her father killed to threaten him into marriage so as far as ppl knew he accepted it to gain support for his succession.

FL knew her father was crazy but unknowingly inflicted it to unrelated person just because of some misguided love/salvation.

Ofc he did worse than that with his neglect and him falsely thinking FL was too mentally ill to care for their kid. But hey FL seemed to blame him even on his earlier neglect before the pregnancy, when srsly what did she expect from a guy forced into a marriage with a fiancee to boot? (One that she thought were in good relationship at that time too?)

its just that I’ve seen much much worse villainess FLa redeeming herself and readers seem to be okay with that :\
    sorry for the rant

Anyways, did anyone read the ending? Do FL and ML end up knowing that Elle remembers his past life as well? And how did the emperor die in the end?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
    81ganzy likes this.
  8. historicalbean

historicalbean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was so hard to follow the flow of the spoilers because ppl were asking and answering the same questions over and over again & the rants were causing the spoilers to be thousand of pages apart. :blob_teary:

kurohamukami, Yeoha and rubychan like this.
  9. ReineLamia

ReineLamia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a universal law of forgiveness and apology on MLs? This thread gives me the impression... For my part the excuses of the ML before the death of FL are already shaky, but the one after his death is not forgivable either. Once Reina was dead, the ML did nothing. If he had a minimum of feelings for Reina, once dead he should have been angry and tried to rectify his mistakes towards his son. In 15 years he has not taken power? Because her bargain with FL's father to protect her ended in FL's death and her child's madness, didn't that make her want to fight in his memory? To overthrow it? Apparently in 15 years no, well that makes him a liability but for me the worst thing is that he was not even a father for El, he even let him grow up with his ex fiancée but in addition he never told him about his mother , basically once she died she completely disappeared from everyone's memory, how can we believe in his feelings towards her when he abandoned their son but in addition let another woman become his mother real without even mentioning her once, no respect for the mother of her son!!!
    If 15 years later El would not have locked up the ML, the result would have been FL tragically dead and a son gone mad. As a mom for me it is not forgivable. It makes me laugh to see all this defense towards ML, if the hero of the story would have been El and his madness, you would have said that everything would have been his trash dad's fault

FL madness excuse does not doesn't work, already she wasn't crazy but in depression and kidnapping a child because she doesn't carry him in her arms, historically the excuse is totally bogus, when you say it's normal for the time don't use this excuse, nothing is likely historically in this story like the illegitimate ML taking the title, a noble ex-fiancée going into a house of a married man and raising the child , back in the day nobles could also have in more than a nanny a lullaby, a woman who carried and put infants to sleep, no reproach to an aristocratic mother if she did not take care of her baby because most of the time the children were raised by others (but not by another mostly single noblewoman).

10. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think you understand what forgiveness is and most importantly, forgiveness is up to the person who feels aggrieved. You in her situation might not want to forgive him but this is HER choice.

What is the main purpose of forgiveness?

“Forgiveness can even lead to feelings of understanding, empathy and compassion for the one who hurt you. Forgiveness doesn't mean forgetting or excusing the harm done to you or making up with the person who caused the harm. Forgiveness brings a kind of peace that helps you go on with life.” -Mayoclinic excerpt on forgiveness

Of course, if people want to live their lives without forgiving others, that’s their choice just like it’s Raina’s choice whether to forgive her husband or not. I have seen other people in real life forgive far worse in murder cases so there are people out there still kinder than Raina.

11. 81ganzy

81ganzy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read ALOT of stories where the fl forgives the ml and it really bugs me. But this isn't one. Honestly the ml in this case had his hands tied in the first time-line. The first time-line was a real cluster f**k. The ml was really powerless for a really long time. He probably could've communicated better, but given the circumstances him and the fl were separated for years. I think this is one of those stories we're the ml deserves forgiveness. I believe he actually earned forgiveness in the second time-line.

12. lDeadKillerl

lDeadKillerl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are you all burning the ML so much ?
    Let’s get some facts first they both have almost the same amount of trauma.
    The FL lost her mother and was abused by the father and the ML also lost his mother had to deal with assassination attempts had to fight at the age of 16 on battlefields to prove his worth was hated and called illegitimate etc etc they have almost the same level of trauma but I dare say the ML has more.
    Now why is everybody kissing the FLs ass so much first and foremost during they’re past lives she wanted him to marry her and her father coerced him to marry her by killing his supporters off during his fight for the duchy he was in a very bad spot so he had to concede but he does like her and is concerned for her remember that.
    After that she got pregnant and all she had to do was take care of the child and estate affairs but she couldn’t even touch her own son because TRAUMA give me a brake like the ML didn’t have a mountain of shit to deal with already the house full of spy’s and assassins his vassals opposing him her father threatening him that if he gets to close to her he will kill her the Emperor his aunt the estate rebellion a war like for fuck sake the odds against him we’re already insurmountable combine that with him being young and inexperienced wtf do you want from him and it’s not like he didn’t have trauma as well but he overcame it.
    Her father basically had control of him and the duchy now he has to worry about his son because the wife can’t even touch him let alone feed or be close to him no wonder he took him away.
    The only bad thing about him was that he didn’t tell his son about his real mother that’s it and again it’s not that he didn’t want to get close to her he couldn’t all he could do was watch so I don’t blame him one bit for his past actions.
    Now in the second life he gets better armed with the knowledge of the first life he’s capable to protect her and get close to her but she wants none of it understandable as she doesn’t know the full story yet as to why he acted the way he did so she’s full of hate and resentment towards him.
    She gets power with the spirits ok still hates him ok than several assassination attempts later she divorces him like in the first place you barely survived and protected your son even when you were together now you want to separate knowing your and you’re son are a target and your enemy’s are powerful and what you became the emperor’s dog knowing he’s your enemy and you have to leave your son alone to go do the emperor’s orders knowing you have enemies after his life great job brilliant decision divorcing your husband and when she said he wanted a divorce she also said she hates and resents him granted she doesn’t know his side of the story yet but the one who she should hate and resent his her father and herself for being weak mentally.
    After a while they finally talk and the ML tells her about his past life although not everything and All SHE SAYS IS I BELIEVE YOU like wtf she didn’t even try to understand him and what he had to face alone while she was mentally dead from her trauma she’s putting no effort into improving her relationship with him she doesn’t even try while he does.
    And she says she doesn’t forgive him when she wasn’t any better and didn’t have half the shit he had to deal with so get off you high horses.
    And now even with all her power he’s still the only reason she and her son are alive he’s still the shield.
    And the remarriage it feels like she only accepted him out of pity and that she eventually just stopped trying to push him away and gave up not because she loves him but I haven’t yet reached that part of the story yet so I can’t say for certain.
    So stop kissing her ass and cursing out the ML they both failed in the previous life they both have trauma and with this they compliment each other well.
    The only problem I have is that the ML turned into a SIMP for her and he has to work to win her heart while she didn’t even have to try or lift a finger to win him over witch is bullshit as he was already in love with her that doesn’t sit right with me.

To me this looks like bad writing or the author is sexist towards the ML like all the trauma and adversity and assassination attempts and all the difficulties the ML went through are overshadowed by Raina and her daddy issues.

Kauser Suba likes this.
  13. Kirarapot

Kirarapot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the novel still on-going? If not did MC and Ml got back together?? If not then MC did forgive ML but did not get back together??? What ell say in this??

14. Janghoshin

Janghoshin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to the father? Does he still hate the MC? I hope he just dies the most brutal way. Or i hope his wife's ghost would haunt him for abusing their child.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
    rubychan likes this.
  15. Noah_wynknight_my_crush

Noah_wynknight_my_crush Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad most ppl here understand that the ml isn't trash and isn't as bad as he seems, personally I think he's not to blame for what happened to fl, there's her father to blame for her trauma and weakness, besides why didn't her brother help her in first tl? Where were Her mother's family when she was a soulless body because of her father's abuse? If anything they should be blamed rather than ml for her misfortune, and herself too, I know it's trauma it's hard horrible scary, but you shouldn't depend on anyone to get you out of it especially if you're not even asking for help, and you certainly shouldn't have a child with such weak mentality
    ml is to blame for what happened to his son, it's his responsibility to take care of him and guide him, however ml (who was hated before even being born, not knowing what love is or how to show it) didn't know how to handle El, that ended up in the worst way possible. But I don't think anyone has the right to hate ml for that because El himself forgave him, when he turned back time he wished for his father to love his mother, for them both to be happy so he can be happy so in a form of way he forgave him.
    Ml had his fair share of misfortune, I dare say his back story is harder than that of fl, at least she experienced happiness and love till her mother's death, although it became horrible for her after that, he on the other side knew nothing about love and feelings, him being cold to fl wasn't because he hated her, it simply was his personality and you can't change that suddenly just because someone was expecting you to shower them with love. In the 2 tl I believe he deserved forgiveness, he made sure to fix all the mistakes he had done and protect his family, at least he knows where he missed up and is fixing it, unlike a lot of other mls who don't remember what they did in past tl but are still forgiven and loved by fl.

lDeadKillerl likes this.
  16. touch_thesky

touch_thesky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens to MC dad in the current timeline? If he died, how did he die? If he lived, what was his downfall?

17. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    So manhwa ends at ch 107. They have a daughter too now. Images from Newxxxi.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kauser Suba, ChiZuki, charisa and 5 others like this.
  18. Cookiemonster_007isback

Cookiemonster_007isback I need them cookies

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does the Emperor acts high and mighty, isn't he unfair against his wife, the Empress too?

Also, I really don't want the Emperor's mistress to be any more powerful and the Empire to fell in her or her offspring's hand. She seems evil to me.

snzzykitten likes this.
  19. higurashihougi

higurashihougi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (1) I agree. He is clearly not a good husband and not a good father. From my perspective he only sees his wives and offsprings as employees and tools for his empire, rather than true family members. Quite disappointed.

But I guess that how kings and monarchs are being enslaved by his throne, even if he is a so-called "wise dragon".

(2) Worry not, the mistress gave up the power struggle and instead chose a quiet, peaceful life with her offspring.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2023
  20. Cookiemonster_007isback

Cookiemonster_007isback I need them cookies

Reading List:
    Link
    First off, thank you for the revert.
    Truly disappointing. His indifference resulted in Queen trying to protect her son's seat by choosing to do evil actions so that the mistress's offspring doesn't earn the throne instead. This is also a failure and fault of the King whose actions resulted in people who should be close to him take wrong path.

Lol yeah, hilarious. For his title he sure didn't do well atleast from what I remember.

Did the King gave the child his name? Also if he is still connected with her or their relationship diminished, she seems to have a strong hold on him.

Last question, what was the end of Queen, her son and the King? If you remember?