LCD Duke Pendragon

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/duke-pendragon/

Synopsis:

The demonic army is where the worst of the worst gather. A man who survived for close to ten years, the illegitimate son of the Valt family, Raven Valt, is assigned to accompany Duke Alan Pendragon, the contractor of the white dragon, and be his guard. But due to an unknown conspiracy he is killed along with the duke and his dragon, Soldrake. When he opens his eyes, he’s back seven years in the past, and even more strangely, as Alan Pendragon…

Surprised to see there was no LCD for this one...I like it. Not sure why there are negative reviews about them...especially since most of them don't make sense either but oh well.

Technically it's a revenge story, but it's a bit of a slow burn. He has to deal with the issues of Pendragon before he can get around to his revenge. There is a surprising lack of filler. Each chapter seems to move the plot along, I'd recommend giving it a shot. The only annoying part imo is the guy has multiple ex-fiancés who somehow think they have a chance with him...after breaking their engagement with him. Besides that, I don't see any glaring issues with the story. The side characters are likeable and MC is actually intelligent though I'd argue the enemies are a bit on the dumb side (mostly they underestimate him but why would you underestimate a guy with a freaking dragon...)

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  2. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh didn't even notice there wasn't a LCD for this.

3. Yellow Brick

Yellow Brick Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's strange how he knows about the future, being traped in the demonic army, maybe news soldiers brought the news. Either way it's strange how he knows about the future of other families but just the family of the body that he wokes up he knows nothing about.

4. suza751

suza751 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped this one pretty quick. The quality of writing wasn't but just uninspiring. The plot just seemed like it was going to be downright awful. Take this and the fact that its going to be a harem.... not for me

5. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Which families? It would make sense to know who the king was, and the other people he's mentioned were big shots but it's not like he knew their backstory. As for the pendragons, they were on a downward trajectory since before Alan went into a coma, due to the loss of Gordon. It's unknown when Alan woke up in the original timeline so there's no telling how far the pendragons fell in that time frame.

6. Yellow Brick

Reading List:
    Link
    The family of the man who commands the orcs of the sea (I don't remember correctly), even if he's from the future it's strange how he knows about details while being in the demonic army fighting for his live.

7. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm:
    hmm. yeh, the only mention I can find that might be related is this. Besides the fact that he emitted orc fear during their fight (which showed he was at least part orc) there's no proof that his father was into orcs. Though if his mother was human, I doubt the duke would have let him live (as proof of his wife's affair with an orc). It could be reasoned from the fact that he's alive and part orc that his father had an affair with an orc and he was the result. /shrugs/ Vincent and the guy he used to serve also had similar doubts

8. Yellow Brick

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped when they were eating a whale and he was invited to a party. I was waiting for a more serious novel, but it's anime shounen style. But if someone likes a shounen a little more serious this novel is good.

9. Magnus183

Magnus183 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Each to their own opinion..

But yeah I like it, might be because I've been reading to much face slapping arrogant young master that this becomes something fresh again..

10. Tarrian

Tarrian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The guy's father was definitely into demi-humans, Raven got under Toleo's skin at the beginning of their duel in chapter 63 with it.
    The context of his knowing about seemed to be that it became, essentially, common knowledge after the future military campaign where his father took over the islands with his griffon corps and pirate orc pals.

11. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Plot hole resolved then.
    Even if it's not outright stated, a lot can be assumed from what we are given.

I wish his ex's would get a clue and f--- off though...and lord serod...you had your daughter break off an engagement and then tried to mess with mc over the mines you handed over as compensation for breaking the engagement and now you want to try to get your daughter engaged to him again? This is like the weakest part of the story. These dumbass ex-fiances.

12. Magnus183

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone that read ahead can spoil anything? I've subscribed so I've read till chapter 115.

13. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    >.> I know you made a spoiler thread, and that's where any spoilers that came up would go. Don't ask for them here.

14. Magnus183

Reading List:
    Link
    I know i made them but I don't think it has any replies.. So in desperation I ask it here for knowledge of the future lol

15. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    This thread is dead too lol. Besides the pseudo harem of girls the MC has no interest in, I don't see any real issue with this novel but I guess there aren't that many active readers. Oh well.

16. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it's more of there really hasn't been anything to discuss since the LCD was created. It's just been Raven heading home with 100% expected character interactions.

17. Magnus183

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really care about the harem, I just want spoilers lol. But yeah this thread is dead same with the spoiler thread..

18. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd argue that the thing the duchy is lacking (and probably the current civilization) is proper investment is human capital. Education goes a long way in generating prosperity. A person who could have lived their whole life as a farmer could also become the guy who discovered antibiotics or gunpowder. Smh, any country that shirks at educating the public is destined to fail.

19. Magnus183

Reading List:
    Link
    As I told you, I read the advance chapter and although they haven't really give any investment on education, they did try to cover their lack of population problems. Education might be the next agenda if they succeed with the plan..

20. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, if it was a transmigrator I'd think it would veer more toward government reform, but since it's the same world principles, there's no real push towards changing the norm...oh well.