Spoiler Duke, Please Let Go of My Ankles! /공작님, 제 발목 좀 놓아주세요!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by vdv027, Apr 18, 2021.

1. vdv027

vdv027 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

I wrote a love letter and accidentally sent it to a wrong recipient.

In other words, I sent it to Duke Derek Fritt, who was called the 'Bloodbath of Criantes', and took first place in the war.

The man who's likely to break the bed on the first night of marriage.

Duke! Please, please don't open it and return the letter!

[(Exclusive) Duke of Fritt, "Must find the person who wrote the letter."]

[Breaking News] A public official wrote,
    "The criminal was very meticulous and manipulative and would pay the price of blood."]

The letter that should have been sealed finally became known to the world.

But… The guy who Audrey thought would kill her was a little weird?
    Why are you wearing colorful clothes that you didn't even wear before, or say something I couldn't understand if it's a compliment or a murder-warning.

"Your eyes look sharp like a sword."

"...what?"

“It was a beautiful sword given by His Majesty before the war. Just as soon as the fly landed, it was sliced into two. It was a beautiful sword, but it turned red stained with blood. No matter how much blood you wipe, it won't come off."

"!"

Audrey's face turned white.

'Does that mean you want to take my life with your sword?'

The confusing romance between the Duke of Fritt, and Audrey's fate sewn by a wrong letter.

Raw: https://page.kakao.com/home?seriesId=55675108

your crush, Vaviana, Korleone and 6 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Pink haired MC! Yay! Reminds me so much of our girl Yeni, but her aesthetics seem more like Leylin/Ririn (or even the OGFL of I only treat villains). ML is mighty foine~ though.
    Spoilers?

vdv027 likes this.
  4. nurul amelia

nurul amelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wow the cover reminds me of delice and ririn:X3:

vdv027 likes this.
  5. Sourwer.XDD

Sourwer.XDD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But why did he grabbed her ankle tho??

6. BooBoo

BooBoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The plot seems kind of similar to false confession

Guide1410 likes this.
  7. Qing12

Qing12 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Duke, Please Let Go of My Ankle!
    [​IMG]
    I wrote a love letter and accidentally sent it to the wrong recipient.

In other words, I sent it to Duke Derek Fritt, who was called the ‘Bloodbath of Criantes’, and took first place in the war.

The man who’s likely to break the bed on the first night of marriage.

Duke! Please, please don’t open it and return the letter!

[(Exclusive) Duke of Fritt, “Must find the person who wrote the letter.”] [Breaking News] A public official wrote,
    “The criminal was very meticulous and manipulative and would pay the price of blood.”]

Why are you wearing colorful clothes that you didn’t even wear before, or say something I couldn’t understand if it’s a compliment or a murder-warning.

“Your eyes look sharp like a sword.”

“…what?”

“It was a beautiful sword given by His Majesty before the war. Just as soon as the fly landed, it was sliced into two. It was a beautiful sword, but it turned red, stained with blood. No matter how much blood you wipe, it won’t come off.”

“!”

Audrey’s face turned white.

‘Does that mean you want to take my life with your sword?’

The confusing romance between the Duke of Fritt, and Audrey’s fate sewn by a wrong letter.

NU Link : https://www.novelupdates.com/series/duke-please-let-go-of-my-ankle/

CherryBomb24 likes this.
  8. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Chizuru

Chizuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Title: Duke, Please Let Go of My Ankle!
    Associated Names: 공작님, 제 발목 좀 놓아주세요!
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/duke-please-let-go-of-my-ankle/
    Raw Link(s): https://page.kakao.com/home?seriesId=55675108
    https://series.naver.com/novel/detail.series?productNo=6092384

Synopsis:
    I wrote a love letter and accidentally sent it to the wrong recipient.

In other words, I sent it to Duke Derek Fritt, who was called the ‘Bloodbath of Criantes’, and took first place in the war.

The man who’s likely to break the bed on the first night of marriage.

Duke! Please, please don’t open it and return the letter!

[(Exclusive) Duke of Fritt, “Must find the person who wrote the letter.”] [Breaking News] A public official wrote,
    “The criminal was very meticulous and manipulative and would pay the price of blood.”]

Why are you wearing colorful clothes that you didn’t even wear before, or say something I couldn’t understand if it’s a compliment or a murder-warning.

“Your eyes look sharp like a sword.”

“…what?”

“It was a beautiful sword given by His Majesty before the war. Just as soon as the fly landed, it was sliced into two. It was a beautiful sword, but it turned red, stained with blood. No matter how much blood you wipe, it won’t come off.”

“!”

Audrey’s face turned white.

‘Does that mean you want to take my life with your sword?’

The confusing romance between the Duke of Fritt, and Audrey’s fate sewn by a wrong letter.

lol this was just funny, "The man who’s likely to break the bed on the first night of marriage." Looks interesting, hope the FL isn't dumb though

10. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  11. november27

november27 Hell was the journey but it bought me heaven.

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers?
    How wonder how these two get together lol the fl is sooo scared of the ml and ml think totally opposite of all her actions:blobjoy::blobjoy:. and when will they have that first kiss which they will whisper to their kids and grandkids for generations :blobjoy::blobjoy:(according to ML) lol:blob_grin:

12. kalia

kalia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That novel sound interesting and I hope the ml is a good one :aww:

I checked, and the novel is already finished with 139 chapters: 130 for the main story and 9 for the special chapters.

It seems that there's at least 6 special stories, as 2 are more than 1 chapter.
    I mtled them for you guys to see, but they don't have any particular title, and it's the same for the chapters of the main story:

Episode 131 Gaiden 1 (2021.04.16.)
    Episode 132 Gaiden 2 (2021.04.16.)
    Episode 133 Gaiden 3 (2021.04.16.)
    Episode 134 Gaiden 4 (2021.04.16.)
    Episode 135 Gaiden 5-1 (2021.04.16.)
    Episode 136 Gaiden 5-2 (2021.04.16.)
    Episode 137 Gaiden 6-1 (2021.04.16.)
    Episode 138 Gaiden 6-2 (2021.04.16.)
    Episode 139 Gaiden 6-3 (2021.04.16.)

Here's what I gathered by reading the already translated chapters.
    The prologue and 3 chapters already got translated by the time I'm writing this (chapter 2 is in 2 parts).

Audrey
    If I'm not mistaking, she's 20.
    She's a mage hiding her powers.
    100 years ago, when the first mage appeared, imperial laws were made: mana holders had to go to the tower (I guess magic tower). There were rumors that if they didn't comply, they would be locked up in the imperial dungeons.
    Mana manifested at 10 years old, and she kept it secret to everyone, not willing to be sent to the tower.
    She was 14 when Hans, 17 at that time (a childhood friend who like to tease her), discovered her secret when he entered her bedroom as part of a prank: she was crying and scared, in a state of mana rush.
    If the mana that fluctuate in the body isn't regularly discharged, it explode unexpectedly and it's what was happening: her body was emitting particles of light that exploded in the room.
    (Hans had blocked the door when he saw her in this state and sent away a maid who was behind the door, holding snacks).
    Because he kept teasing her, she didn't trust him and was sure he would denounce her, but he became her accomplice and said he would keep her secret.
    That's when he became her most trusted friend.
    He got informations through his maternal grandfather's resources, and we learn that mages a divided in categories.
    Audrey is in the "various" category, the most versatile. She could use magic in everyday life as naturally as breathing and could create magic tools by processing magic stones.
    For her 15th birthday, he brought her to a store he built and gave her the position of chief researcher and they had to start now if they want to get the shop famous in the future. They quarreled (she said that it wasn't a birthday gift but using her as a slave, but it was humor and she understood her friend who had teased her about paying back his grandfather's investment). He had built the shop to protect her from mana explosion and his guess was right: mana was naturally discharged when making magic tool.
    They end up co-owning "Rokt", the only magic tool shop who became a great success and the only shop of this kind in the Capital (it's 6 years after he discovered her secret).
    No one thought badly of Hans gifting a shop to his friend and they saw it as normal.

Derek
    He's 25 and spent one third of his life on battlefield.
    As far as I could see in the translated chapters, he doesn't seems to be a bad guy, just awkward (in the chapter 0, he even remembered a passage of a love book, in which was written:

He was worried about that, because they didn't even touch hands yet and he thought she would be surprised if he kissed her the way the book suggested :blob_grin:
    Just imagining that, his face turned red, and he was embarrassed, fiddling with his hot ears.

Poor guy didn't know how to soothe her as she was crying so he didn't act, (she's scared of him, but he did act nicely during the diner, it's just that she misinterpreted his words). It was difficult for him since he never was in a relationship before :blobconfounded:

Arnold
    He's Audrey's brother.
    His power awakened at 17 and so he had to go to the tower, were only letter were allowed and could only leave once a year. Visitors, going out and staying out were restricted. The period would last until he produced a significant achievement inside the tower and nobody knew if it would take 10 or 20 years.
    He write a lot to his sister and really care for her if we go by the content of his letters in which is says that he love her.
    (There's always noises of pigeons poking at the window with how constantly he write to her :blobjoy:)
    Seeing all his letters, Audrey promised herself to develop a communication device as her next product :blobrofl:

Hans
    He's Audrey's childhood friend and 23 years old if I'm not mistaking.
    He tease her a lot and helped her keep the fact that she's a mage a secret. With her, he co-own "Rokt", a successful magical tool shop.

I don't like the system put in place for the mages. It's cruel to separate family members and it's obvious it's a way to control the mages :blobangery:
    And if they're children at the time of their awakening (they usually awaken their power at 10, like Audrey, if I'm not mistaking), that add to the cruelty of the separation (especially if the family members have a good relationship) and it make it easy to manipulate them since they're isolated...

I might be reading too much into it with all the novels/mangas/manhwas with evil royalty, but it's fishy that as soon as a mage appeared, they made mandatory laws to have all mages sent to the tower and basically isolate them until they make a big achievement.
    In my others readings, I don't remember having read such a setting. When there were magic towers, they were much more open than in this novel, so that's why it raised a flag for me :hmm:
    For me, it made it too obvious that the Empire wanted to make sure that the mages were under his orders.

I mean, you don't need to isolate the mages and put them together the way it's made in this story from what I see. It's too suspicious otherwise :blobthumbsdown:

That smell of greed and will to monopolize them, and there was mentions of attack, defense and healing among the mages categories, which are pretty good assets, especially in case of war if we go by the usual tropes. That's also what raised a flag for me :hmm:

Oh well, maybe I'm reading too much into it :blobunsure:

I hope some peoples will be able to give more spoilers as this novel sound pretty interesting :aww:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    Creolenerd, tasyaaaa and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  13. vinsa 4

vinsa 4 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. november27

Reading List:
    Link
    Ummm…guys there’s already a spoiler thread for this :hmm::hmm:
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/duke-please-let-go-of-my-ankles-공작님-제-발목-좀-놓아주세요.124734/

kalia likes this.
  15. vinsa 4

vinsa 4 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. vinsa 4

vinsa 4 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    november27 likes this.
  17. kalia

kalia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    november27 likes this.
  18. pashnea19

pashnea19 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tech is life likes this.
  19. november27

Reading List:
    Link
    Well they might’ve merged the two threads by now