LCD Dungeon Defense

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Estarossa, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Astrum91

Astrum91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading so much Xanxia where number and scaling have no meaning whatsoever as authors throw around whatever they want to make it sound huge, I definitely don't mind having numbers that I can actually visualize.

Honestly, I doubt the aphrodisiac is going to affect him at all since he's completely turned off from lolis.

Dragon God likes this.
  2. Shalvation

Shalvation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like someone is thinking rather narrow-minded.
    On a serious note, you need to think of more on the lines of what becomes possible now. Dant has proven to Barbatos, a person who is already high in social status, his competence. His main goal is also to start a massive war, which is why he mentioned that their goal aligned. He isn't capable of starting something like that on his own, so it's better to have someone of high authority along with him.
    Honestly, you can basically look at volume 2 as the character development and plot progression volume.
    And "all the lolis", you mean the 2? That's a lot.

Dragon God likes this.
  3. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe he's a closet lolicon?

EvilMc likes this.
  4. LoneDK

LoneDK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How am I narrow minded? First of all, I know vol 2 is a character development volume and I even said it myself, I'm fine with that. Secondly, why does Dantalion need to prove his competence when he said it himself he wanted people to underestimate him. Him antagonizing someone much stronger than himself seemed liked a contradictory move, especially with no back up plan. What if at the end Barbartos didn't seduce but decided to something else like beating him up for his arrogance? Again, vol 2 was fine but the ending could use a different tone. The "plot twist" that was put in place seemed unnecessary overall compared to the rest of the volume. Lastly, how are 2 lolis introduced as potential love interest not a lot considering LaLa herself not the most developed of women. But that's just personal preference.

EvilMc likes this.
  5. EvilMc

EvilMc 『Reformed』

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't wait for volume 3

6. Shalvation

Shalvation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you like, skimming through the novel? He wants people who go against him to underestimate him, not Barbatos, who he's trying to impress. And how was anything he did 'antagonizing' her. He was showing his competence to Barbatos by displaying to her that he had figured out all of her intentions. Never did he say she was a bad person that was out to get him. And really, Barbatos, beating him up for being arrogant? Barbatos isn't some neighborhood bully who goes around beating people up. Dantalian knows this. He clearly knew what kind of person Barbatos was, thus acted in a way to gain her favor.
    And the 'plot twist', is what I'm referring to you being 'narrow-minded'. This is the last chapter of a volume, and what's usually appropriate to happen at the end of a book? Something to link this with the next volume. If you look at that as 'unnecessary', then you're basically saying any actual plot development is pointless, since plots are twisty and curvy pathways that may include sudden events that seems to be coming out of nowhere.
    Loli thing though. I guess I should agree it's just preference. But honestly, I only see Barbatos as a loli. Laura and Lapis doesn't have the body type that looks a loli. At most, they're just petite. And who knows Maybe under that tight suit, Lala is well developed.

7. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    >Speech is power.

Good quote.

I laughed in this chapter.

Shalvation is God.

8. Aeternelle

Aeternelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, Laura IS in her teenage years...

Anyways, I felt absolutely delighted by the conclusion of volume 2. The development was a splendid read. I understand the lesser impact compared to volume 1, but it makes me crave for volume 3 even more. Hopefully, with the premise of war, Dantalian will have a better time tracking "The Hero" destined with his companions (*cough*harem*cough*) to defeat the 721 Demon Lords.

The prologue pretty skipped over the ending of Volume 2 ?
    So he pounds Barbatos like she wanted, no feelings attached. Is it now purely still by aphrodisiac or he was a closet lolicon ?

I can't wait for the rest of the translation. Thanks again !

9. Deleted member 23825

Deleted member 23825 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    with how many times he stated that it was an illness, he was definitely a closet lolicon in denial.

10. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    damn, barbatos's so cute

11. PimpToad

PimpToad Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than asking whether or not Dantalian is a lolicon, it's more apt to ask whether or not anyone sane would rebuff the sexual advances of a woman with enough power to smote you with her pinky. Let's not forget that she already made it clear in no uncertain terms that yes she's more than willing to turn him into her literal puppet if she pleases.

So yeah even if he is a closet lolicon, he kind of doesn't have a choice when it comes to pounding that sweet Barbatos ass. I mean it could be a hell of a lot worse. Rather than being legitimately hot, Barbatos could look like one of those witches in The Witcher. Don't wanna stick it in that bear trap, but hey when you don't have a choice in the matter...

Dragon God likes this.
  12. SageRozenburg

SageRozenburg [Not a pervert][Not Suspicious]

Reading List:
    Link
    Man this is one good edgy novel, * this is not a spoiler*
    i hope this doesn't end with the MC dying for the greater good of others (Demons, lala, etc) since MC reminds me of lelouch (cruel ways but effective), Anyone else enjoying this? I wish there were many novel of this type instead of justice brain MC/Wimpy herbivore MC or Underestimated cripple young master from an outer sect.

Dragon God likes this.
  13. thaddaa

thaddaa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like it, but somehow I can't see the prospect of good ending with these kind of novel... same with overlord, not that it is bad.

14. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you search the forum nefore posting???
    http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/dungeon-defense.13398/

Merge request @Shio

Duck Knight likes this.
  15. SageRozenburg

SageRozenburg [Not a pervert][Not Suspicious]

Reading List:
    Link
    Since its not japanese we can hope its not ending with " in the end the Hero has defeated me", now i though about it Kira could have survived if values lined up with the story.

16. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    what are you saying???
    the belly is not bloated yet!!!!

17. 00petar00

00petar00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SPOILERS BELOW (if you have not read the latest chapter)

From MC's personality you can see that he won't die for other demons..
    It is obvious that he sees them as fools, most of them. He is playing with them and just started a war himself.
    In the latest chapter (v3c1) he did explain why he started war as he knows that demons would lose in 30 years and it is obvious that if demons lose everything and he goes on the run it will be hard to survive. He likes to be in control and loves his authority, why would he wait 30 years for demons to lose?

18. thymee

thymee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nah this novel is still mild the twist still predictable so a bit boring to me ..

Danis likes this.
  19. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    . . . A 'good ending' for novels like this is everyone simply surviving.

And yes, that's why (after v1) I'm reading this novel in bulk - waiting for volumes to accrue. I'm picky on my endings. : )

Dragon God and Dmath94 like this.
  20. Zalpha

Zalpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it is really good, I am amazed by it. Very cool story. I personally can see it ending well for the MC. I think in the end he unites both sides, by conquring the humans and enslaving them. (Its like the only way for world peace). I do so some major s*** going down though...

It may end with - "So his is how the world ends..."