Discussion Dungeon Seeker ending

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Overclock, May 19, 2019.

1. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the manga ended and so I had question.

I liked the manga and how it ended for the mc, getting revenge, meeting the guy who gave him advice, and just killing bad guys without caring about the world or peace. It felt short, but if that was all I could live with it. Still, that stuff with the girl and god left me clueless. Does anyone who has read the novel have the slightest idea what's going on, or like it was said it's a story no one will know. The god wanted the protagonist to complete the dungeon which in the end helped this girl get face to face with god and it's presumed she killed him for something he did in the past which is odd. Really left me wondering what's going on.

Alva Quinn likes this.
  2. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    sadly, the novel is stuck.

3. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the manga was a shitty adaptation imo. It's on the level of a manhua adaptation in butchering or even changing the story for no reason. Although I haven't read much of the novel, it seems like the manga changed a lot(like the elven liver smuggling, homunculus sex slaves, etc.)

4. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't read the novel so I wouldn't know. Maybe that's why I thought it was pretty good. Looks great too with good fights. It felt like there could have been more, but it did feel very on point with the goal of revenge at the sacrifice of a few things.

Alva Quinn likes this.
  5. Kronos

Kronos Mum's SwagYeti

Reading List:
    Link
    It annoys me a bit how extreme his agility stat is and completely ignored the rest like a naive twat until it bit him in the ass.

Bloodysin28 and Alva Quinn like this.
  6. listener

listener Tony's Friend

Reading List:
    Link
    So, it's different from the novel, huh :blobpopcorn_two:

7. Alva Quinn

Alva Quinn 『0→1』『The Servant』

Reading List:
    Link
    I have not read the novel either, but I enjoyed the mere fact that the manga got its proper ending. Granted, most mangas don't have a "good" ending as they are usually either bad or open-ended, but at least it got an ending.

8. MasterOfCoin

MasterOfCoin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was pretty good, just kind of abrupt.

9. Triger

Triger Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The manga is completely different from the novel if i hadn’t already known it was based off of the novel i never would have guessed it was since from somewhere around volume 1 chapter 2 through well as far has been translated just doesn't happen in the manga i dont think it matches up at all after his first fight in the dungeon for example the adventurer girl who dies early on in the manga is the mc’s main love interest in the novel

10. Triger

Triger Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only way it could be more different would be changing its name and the mc’s name