Dungeons Dungeons - Announcements

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by AliceShiki, Nov 13, 2020.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link

This is the Announcements thread! The place that I'll be using to host any announcements of the game, like... If I change anything in the monsters, skills, shop and what not.

Or if I add new stuff and the like... You get the gist of it.

I highly recommend you watching this thread to keep up to date with the game's news, though don't expect me to post things here too often.

Ah, and don't post here please. Put any replies to announcements in the Common Area, I'd like to keep this thread as clean as possible.

Staff List:
    @AliceShiki - Game Development in General.
    @Zone Q11 - Database Management in General.
    @SpearOfLies - Database Management in General.
    @strikegunner - Dungeon Runs Management.
    @hitedo - Crafting and Market Management.
    @Siostar - Currently on a Break.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    ALth3A, GamingIce, Renzy and 2 others like this.
  2. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Reserved~

3. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Reserved~

4. Twilight Fox

Twilight Fox 【Foxy】【Ayayayay!】

Reading List:
    Link
    *Reserved*

5. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    The Seal Spell (Tier 0) of the Defensive Magical Skill Tree got a slight buff:

Previously: Seals an enemy.
    Now: Seals a target of your choice.

Basically, you can now seal allies in order to protect them from being killed if you're fairly sure your ally will die soon... I don't think this might be super useful outside of something like... Fighting against a Dragon, but it's still a buff.

ALth3A, Renzy and kyoshijiro like this.
  6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Two announcements!

First, Seal (Defensive Magical, Tier 0) got a clarification... If you target an ally with Seal, said ally can still use items. That's not really a buff, but more like a clarification to a ruling that wasn't clear because I didn't consider items when making the skill.

Secondly and most importantly, @SpearOfLies is joining us as a GM! *round of applause*

Like Zone, he is in charge of database management in general~

ALth3A, Nusan, LNOnlineOtaku and 3 others like this.
  7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    2nd post of the market thread now links to anyone that announced that they wanna trade items in the market thread.

Please contact me if you want me to add any actual description (something short, please) to it, or if you want me to unlink you.

The 1st post of the thread was edited to say that the 2nd post actually has that list in it.

8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    We added a new ruling to make it easier for people to test out builds while they are early in the game and want to see what they prefer.

Basically, if you are not Level 10 yet, you can change your builds as you see fit.

The exact wording in the Sign Up Thread is the following: (About Your Character > Resetting Stats/Skills/Jobs)
    • Can I change my stats/skills: Yes! If you don't like the way you spread your stats and/or skills, the shop sells items that allows you to reassign those. Each costs 3000 DP though.
    • That's way too expensive and I'm way too new in the game to have this much money: You're in luck! There is another way to change them, though only if you're relatively new to the game~
      Here is how it works:
      • If you are: Rank 0, your Level is below 10 and you are not in a dungeon run... You are allowed to change your assigned skill points and your Skill Tree whenever you want.
      • Under those same circumstances, you are also allowed to change how you assigned the stat points you rolled, as well as the Bonus Stat Points you assigned on level ups.
      • Lastly, if you are under those same circumstances outlined above, and you don't have any Crafting Exp. You may also change your Job whenever you wish.
      • And most importantly... PLEASE notify a staff member if you are going to do any of those changes. We need to know those things in advance.

Bielt, Deleted member 38284 and Renzy like this.
  9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Ruling for enchantments got a slight change.

Basically, rather than directly enchanting an item, you now create an enchantment Rune, which can then be applied to an item of your choice (you don't need to make a roll to apply the rune, the roll is only done when crafting the Rune).

The reason for this change is because you'd basically lose materials if you succeeded in 2+ Enchantments while making 10 rolls in one go. With this new ruling you can just craft 2 Runes and apply to whatever items you want... Or sell the runes to other players, you do you~

Anyways, here is the exact wording for it in the rulings (if the text looks a bit weird, it's because it is out of context... It makes sense within the appropriate spoiler, I swear):
    • Okay, what are the differences: Enchanting is a two-step process that exists to enhance an existing item, as opposed to creating a new one.
      • Creating an Enchantment Rune: The first step to create an enchantment is to create an Enchantment Rune. To do that, use the listed materials and make a crafting roll... Basically the exact same as normal crafting, really. Everything works the exact same.
      • Applying an Enchantment Rune to an Item: Each rune has a specific type of item it can be applied to (Weapon, Helm, Gloves, Boots, Plate, Shield).
        To apply the rune, all you need to do is say that you're applying it. You don't need to make any roll or whatever. Applying the rune always works.
        Once a Rune is applied, the Item will be enchanted and the Rune will be lost.
    I'll change the name of the enchantments in the Spreadsheet to clarify that they are runes now... But well, that's literally just adding a "Rune" at the end of each enchantment name, so it won't take long.

10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Small rule change:
    • Among the objectives, the "Kill All [Mob Name]" objective was a bit too exploitable for my taste, so I decided to add a restriction to it.
      You can now only pick this objective if your dungeon has 14+ of the mob in it.
      So like... If you have 13 rats in your dungeon, "Kill All Rats" can't be one of your objectives.
    Currently ongoing dungeons that have kill-related objectives are unaffected by this rule change, but future dungeons must abide to it.

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Small update:

The Sign Up Thread got a clarification about how to work with skills that have effects built-into them while also giving damage.

Basically, Precision Shot increases your AGI before giving damage.
    Constricting Vines deals damage first, and reduces stats later.

Here is the exact quote:
    • Order of Operations:
      • Calculating Damage: Sometimes you'll have multiple things affecting the damage of your attacks. This should clarify how to calculate that.
        Essentially, always add everything up, and then use the multiplications.
        For example, if you have 5 ATK and use "Fire Slash (Level 3)" (It deals +3 damage and makes your attack deal Fire Element damage) against an enemy that is weak against Fire, you'll deal (5 + 3)*1.25 = 10 Damage.
      • Attacks with effects built into them: Some skills have effects built-into them, in addition to dealing normal damage, and it may confuse you which order to apply said effects.
        For example Precision Shot increases your AGI and also deals Ranged Damage... But the Extra AGI increases the damage of Ranged Attacks, so... Which order are they applied?
        As a rule of thumb, the effect always applies first if it affects an ally, and applies latter if it affects an enemy.
        • Some skills might have the description say "After [Skill name] resolve" when applying their effects.
          For example, Charge, from the Stone Boars, have this description.
          In this case, the effect in question will apply after the skill caused damage.

Bielt likes this.
  12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, and I forgot to put this on the last one, but Parry was buffed to last 3 turns instead of 2.

ALth3A and Bielt like this.
  13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Last update for the day before I go sleep.

I got rid of the wording "Until the end of the next turn", it now just says "Lasts 2 turns".

Since I was at it, everything that said "For X turns" now says "Lasts X turns".

To Do: Actually change the rules in the Sign Up Thread to get rid of the existence of "Until the end of the next turn" for good... But that's for tomorrow, because it's bed time rn.

14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a pre-patch note. As in... We're working on this, but this change is a bit bigger than the last ones, so I figured I'd at least tell people about it now so that they can plan accordingly.

There is currently no ETA, but I'll try to get this done in the semi-near future... Those changes require rebalancing some skills, monsters and rulings though, so they'll take a while.

In any case, we have identified some issues with the game that we kinda need to address, I'll go over them one at a time:

1) Ranged is broken.

Basically, the idea behind Ranged was to be a secondary choice of weapon for magic builds in order to allow them to still dish out some damage without spending MP nor investing into ATK. So that it would kind of work as a choice between using a Staff Weapon for bigger spells, or a Bow for weaker spells, but a reasonable damage output.

... I ended up not even considering what would happen with pure ranged builds focusing entirely on AGI. The result of this is a build that hits super easily, dodges all Melee attacks with ease, and also deals a considerable amount of damage... Yeah, that is no good. Putting the damage output into an accuracy/dodge stat was a mistake.

This will be fixed. We're not decided yet on the final formula it will have yet, but AGI will definitely disappear from the Ranged Damage formula.

2) Mobs are a bit too weak rn.

Basically, you all seem to be handling lv 9 mobs with a bit more ease than I expected. It's not a biiiiig issue, but I wanted them to be harder than they currently are.

I'll probably increase their HP a bit and maybe their stats a bit as well.

It won't be a big buff btw, but expect all non-rat mobs to get slightly harder.

3) Bosses are too nukable.

The bosses die way way too easily atm. I can hardly see if they do anything note-worthy because they simply die before they can actually do anything.

Expect them all to get a big buff in HP. Maybe I'll also buff the stats, but the stat buff will be minor in comparison.
    ---------------------
    Those are all the currently planned changes.

Ah, and since I'm sure someone will ask... No, you won't lose your Essences after the bosses are buffed. I'm not that mean.

I mean... I'd recommend re-doing the fights post-buff since they'll probably be more fun, but hey, you do you.

That's all for now I suppose~

PS: Chain Lightning will also get a nerf from 100-160% INT to 70-130% INT, but this one is completely unrelated to changes above and I can do it super quick. I just figured I'd just this announcement to tell people about it too.

Ddraig, Zone Q11 and strikegunner like this.
  15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyways, @hitedo and @Siostar joined us as staff members, a salve of applause please~

Sio-chan will take care of the Market thread.
    Hitedo will take care of the Crafting thread.

I'll add them to the staff list of each thread.

Zone Q11, Haitaka, Renzy and 2 others like this.
  16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Quick announcement before I eat:

The Difficulty Upgrade Core: Overwhelming Numbers now has a requirement.

When using this core, the following happens:

1 player party: "Minimum of 9 mobs per room."
    2-3 player party: "Minimum of 12 mobs per room."
    4 player party: "Minimum of 15 mobs per room."

Boss rooms are an exception, but the starting party members of boss rooms are increased by 5 with this Hard Mode as well.

I have no clue how I'll add this to the spreadsheet, I'll figure out later.

*rolls out for food*

Deleted member 38284 and Renzy like this.
  17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Took way longer than it should, but the restrictions for objectives are finally live.

Explore Whole Dungeon: Minimum of 10 rooms.
    Reach Dungeon's End: Minimum of 20 rooms.
    Find hidden chests: Minimum of 2 chests hidden behind a minimum of 2 different fake walls.

18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    New terminology was added to the Sign Up Thread: Combat Skills.

Combat Skills are basically anything that affect enemies... Like Heavy Blow. Heavy Blow deals damage to an enemy, therefore it is a combat skill.
    Charging OTOH buffs your next attack. This doesn't directly affect enemies, therefore it is not a Combat Skill.

Why does this matter you ask?

Combat Skills can only be used in combat.
    Also, once combat ends, the effects of Combat Skills immediately fade.

For example, if you use Hastened Blow to kill the last enemy of a room (a rat, for example), and then move to a new room, you will not have the buff from Hastened Blow up. The buff will fade immediately after the rat died.

Deleted member 38284 likes this.
  19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Trap difficulty was increased.

The reasoning is that... Well, isn't it a bit too easy to dodge them?

Like, if you roll a 5 in your character creation and put it into AGI, you already have a 50/50 chance of dodging r0 traps... Even Mimics aren't putting up much danger as people just dodge them way too easily.

All basic traps had their difficulty increased by 5. The Mimics have their formula based on the normal trap, so their increment was a bit different.
    Fake walls had their difficulty increased by 6.

Deleted member 38284 likes this.
  20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    This must be the fastest patch change I have ever done...

Well, anyways, we rolled this one back... Moreover, the difficulty growth of traps was actually decreased.

That said, there is one key thing that we changed to make traps harder... The Trap formula.

Old formulas:
    • Trap Chance = Trap Difficulty - ([Player AGI])
    • Fake Wall Chance = Wall Difficulty - ([Player WIS])
    New Formulas
    • Trap Chance = Trap Difficulty - ([Player AGI]/2)
    • Fake Wall Chance = Wall Difficulty - ([Player WIS]/2)
    Essentially, your stat only has 1/2 the influence it had in the past. This will make the traps harder to dodge while also not making it totally impossible for the builds that don't focus on those stats to dodge them.

This should be the last time I change traps in the near future, sorry for the 2 quick patches in succession.