Discussion Dunnow what to do.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Hallow Cause, Sep 24, 2017.

?

What do I do?

1. Just ignore it

22.2%
  2. Tell his gf the truth

29.6%
  3. Discourage him on what he's doing

37.0%
  4. Encourage him on what he's doing

3.7%
  5. Tldr

7.4%
  1. Hallow Cause

Hallow Cause Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So yeah, I just discovered that my friend is cheating on her gf with another girl. I've never faced a situation like this, so I don't know what gotta do. Should I ignore it? Should I tell his gf the truth? Should I support what he's doing? Or should I discourage him of what he's doing?
    I don't wanna ignore it cause I kinda feel pity for the gf. I don't wanna tell he truth cause it might cause a negative impact on the both of them. I don't wanna support him cause that's a bitch move. And I don't wanna discourage him cause he's my friend. Reader: if you're his friend, then blablablablabla.

I know this question isn't supposed to be asked on a novel forum. But why not?

Zeraphin likes this.
  2. Asfsajkl

Asfsajkl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you like the girl then tell her then ntr.
    If not then just ignore

3. imsodone

imsodone 『Creep』

Reading List:
    Link
    While it would be noble to stop it or discourage your friend, in the end it's his life. Maybe try to stop him once if it didn't work just ignore it. Let him reap what he sows. :cookie::cookie:

4. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Disclaimer: I have zero relationships experience, but I do have experience as a loner and bystander/observer of things

Well, it kinda depends on how close you are with each person. If you aren’t that close to the guy, I would personally on my own values tell the gf cause cheating is for scum. I would maybe consult a friend of the GF that would slowly hint her.

If you can ignore it, let things take their course because that’s the world and life and people have to face it themselves, but I honestly personally would break my ties with a cheater. I’d literally would be better with being friends with the bully that punched me in the stomach when I was a kid than a guy, who’s an adult or at least young adult) that is willing to cheat and emotionally hurt someone they should care about.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  5. molecule

molecule Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Get a proof so you won't be accused if u want to tell her

6. Hallow Cause

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel bad for the girl... She's also my long time friend...
    It's his life and he's my friend. And yeah, I guess that reasonable.
    Yeah, we're close. And yeah, I guess I should give her some hints on what's happening.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  7. arrogantyoungmaster

arrogantyoungmaster 20 Nuf = 1 face slap to make your day better

Reading List:
    Link
    If i was you I will tell both girls and watch them :blobpopcorn:

Miaka_Mei and Hotato like this.
  8. Sami11

Sami11 [Level 99 Duck]

Reading List:
    Link
    If you respect his girlfriend, then you should tell her.

Cosmic_ likes this.
  9. Hallow Cause

Reading List:
    Link
    It's kinda too direct, y'know? And the emotional impact they'll face is kinda worrying.
    Same reason as what I said above.

10. imsodone

imsodone 『Creep』

Reading List:
    Link
    I get it. I've been the same situation the difference is I got involved. It didn't end well for the both of us, with her cheating and me trying to put my foot where it doesn't belong, and now we hardly talk anymore.

11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    why he cheating?
    ah let me tell ya~
    one of reason killed by your couple/lover actually because of cheating and it's not laughing matter~
    IMO school days is tame compared what can really happen on IRL because of cheating~ so warn your friend about that point~
    try ask @Yukkuri Oniisan for that~
    hmm as for will you tell da GF or not I can't tell cuz IDK personally about her~
    I did mistaken other personality and honestly that one of da reason I don't wanna muddle my self with other romance problem~
    well quite a drama worth of popcorn if you not involved~

12. Glaurung

Glaurung Long Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @One and only Elfulus depends on your moral code. since you had to ask- then just ignore it.

the right thing to do would be to tell the girl.
    the loyal (friend) thing to do would be to ignore it.

so are you a noble person or a loyal friend?
    do you care more about this girl's feelings, or your friendship?

again... seriously, since you had to ask- just ignore it.

13. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    Just tell your friend and knock some sense, if you're close he will at least listen and consider a bit of what you say..
    If all has been done and the man do nothing in the end, then you can only watch and wait while the drama unfold..(I often watch this kind of RL drama happening to my friends tbh,, lol)

I will not recommend telling the girl or give her hints about your friend cause if he finds out it will only sour your friendship

14. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    Talk to your friend. Part of true friendship is helping them become a better person by telling them the truth, out of care and concern for the other person. Your friend is setting himself up for disaster. As a friend, it's part of your job to help him avoid that, by advising him not to two-time. He should break up cleanly with one or the other girl.

Traveling Chef likes this.
  15. thymee

thymee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Blackmailed your friend, after that ntr his gf & his secret gf. Lastly create harem

16. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    I find cheaters especially those that are not engaged or married stupid. If you are in an early stage or midof a relationship where you don’t like have kids or something, break up if you are unsatisfied. I have way more respect to open people that stay single and always look for one night stands or hook up than a cheater.

17. Hallow Cause

Reading List:
    Link
    My friend and his gf were together for at least a year (kinda shocked it lasted that long) the gf loves him to bits, same goes for the other girl. My friend loves the both of them (I personally don't really think so) and I'm close with him and his gf, and as for the girl not really.
    My morale values is, genereally, average. Honestly, if him and I weren't that close, I would've just told her already or jut ignored it.

18. Seigin

Seigin [Lolicon][GenderBender Banzai!]

Reading List:
    Link
    What could be worse than getting brutally stabbed to death and beheadedo_O? Getting kidnapped and stuffed in the basement:blob_zipper_mouth:, getting harassed, rape, black mailed oh damnn you're right:hmm: irl is skarey:blobfearful::blobfearful::sweating_profusely::notlikeblob:

19. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    I've had a similar situation in my past happen. I informed my friend that I knew and if he didn't get things straight then I was going to let the girl know. the only difference is I wasn't close to the girl. I just think going behind someones back like that all the while pretending you still love them is something only human garbage does. if HE is a good friend he wouldn't let this hurt your friendship, if he is scum then he doesn't need to be a friend. I lost a long time friend and it hurt, but I refuse to let someone I care about hurt others like that.

Cosmic_ likes this.
  20. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    the thing here is are you closed enough with the girl to severe/damage your friendship with your friend?
    Although I would like that guy to burn in 9 hell, you must always know your priorities regarding social relationships

Cosmic_ likes this.