Easy Recipes (pls help)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gtreed, Sep 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    Eggs on toast. It's probably the most simple thing you it'll make and can give you a decent amount of energy. You can start adding things to it slowly once you get used to it. And try to eat veggies at least once in a while, deficiencies are not fun.

2. Deleted member 348269

Deleted member 348269 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Spam + scrambled eggs = protein (idk)
    Spam + eggs + rice = spam egg fried rice
    Spam + rice + seaweed + soy sauce = spam musubi
    Spam + eggs + tortilla = breakfast burrito
    Spam + veggies = protein + veggies stir fried. We do with green beans but any veggie works.
    Cereal.
    Oatmeal. Don't overadd sugar so oatmeal can still be healthy good.
    Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
    Mac n Cheese. Not healthy to eat all time. Considering cheese is fat.

Sometimes for simplicity, I take seaweed, roll rice onto it, and yay first bite. Gets boring after but eh. That was seaweed with salt like seaweed snack.

You know when I was in a hurry I just down a cup of milk and lasted me to lunch. Not that could not afford, but timing. However just cup of milk won't get you anywhere so eat something with milk; make full meal for your body.

Spam may ain't the healthiest and not the best, but it's something. And goes along with veggies/eggs/stuff if you can't find other ingredients.

Never tried butter +sugar on bread; maybe should try someday. One of my parents like that once.

When in doubt look at haru cooking YouTube channel. Simplicity by smacking.

gtreed likes this.
  3. brigs11

brigs11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Speaking of seaweed wraps you can make what I call spiced rice. Mix rice or noodles with soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper, whatever you have available and make rolls with it.

Deleted member 348269 and gtreed like this.
  4. superdelicate

superdelicate cat facing down

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically in college if I cooked, it is usually some combination of eggs, bread, spam, noodles, and rice. Then just add whatever vegetable is cheap and on sale XP I am not sure it is the same where you are at, but for me a lot of clubs and seminars had free lunch or free dinner. So a lot of times I went just to eat haha sometimes it's just pizza but other times I've had things like sushi and din tai fung.

Anyways for recipes, I think these are super easy (cause even I can make them, and my cooking skills are really bad lol) and delicious

1. Tomato scrambled eggs
    Basically you scramble a few eggs, fry some chopped tomatoes, add salt and combine.
    If you like you can also add sugar, some people like to eat it sweet.
    You can watch a video here (it's a little bit more fancy version with onions and stuff, really the only things really needed are eggs, tomatoes, salt and pepper (and sugar if you like sweet version))

2. Tomato and egg soup
    Basically you fry some chopped tomatoes, add water, boil, whisk an egg and pour in slowly while mixing. Then add some salt or some other seasoning and it;s done

3. 100 year egg + lean pork congee!
    You can make it when you have extra time haha because this is not that quick to make. But it's tasty.

Another thing you can eat is yams/sweet potato, sometimes I bake 2 and just eat those for a meal.

Oh and whenever you do eat ramen, if you are still hungry you can try adding an egg to the leftover soup and microwaving like this, it becomes like a steamed egg!!

I tried it myself, it's hard to get the egg/soup ratio right... but if you can get it correctly it's actually very tasty ^^

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  5. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    The easiest and quickest thing is to eat muesli (with rice milk, if you want it hot you can put milk powder in the muesli and add boiling water) raw vegetables and fruit. Except you can't take the muesli with you or only in those special food boxes
    If cooking isn't too much of a bother, make couscous. Heat up water, pour the couscous in a pot, add the water and let it 5 minutes. Then heat up while mixing with a fork 4 minutes. It's done! You can mix couscous with anything, like putting rosines and dried aprikot in the pot for a sweet taste, or egg ham and spices, or after cooking, mix it with cucumber slices and yoghurt for a fresh feeling, or lemon juice baked red beet sesame and maybe some white cheese...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    gtreed likes this.
  6. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Once I came upon this ancient recipe called "little for one"

First step - buy a loaf of any bread, if you already have bread you can use that..even stale ones.

Second step - buy cheese, any except stringy ones like mozzarella. Around 3-4 ounce for one loaf of bread.

Third step- fill your sauce pan with water, around 600ml

Fourth step - crumble the bread and add it to the water.

Fifth step- boil the mixture till the bread is fully dissolved.

Sixth step - now slowly add shreds of cheese into the pan, making sure to keep stirring.

Seventh- once you feel it's come to a velvety texture turn off the heat.

Viola!
    Now just serve it in a soup bowl and enjoy it!

You can even make it in a batch and freeze it... everyday it has a different flavour profile!!

gtreed likes this.
  7. Blossom_Honey

Blossom_Honey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mashed potatoes or Aglio e Olio

(First one is another recipe, but you can use the mashed potato part, just add some salt or whatever for seasoning).

They're really simple, only need potato, salt, mayonnaise for first one; and noodles, salt, pepper, and garlic for the second one. They're simple recipes even I don't mind doing.

gtreed likes this.
  8. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eggs are usually the most easiest to cook & there's tons of recipes for it
    The simplest ones would be just fry, boil or steam it
    But here's one for you, our family called it soy sauce eggs recipe here:
    2-3 eggs, boil them to either ¾ or fully cooked (your choice)
    Fry small bits of chopped small onion & garlic w/ little bit of oil. Once the smell came out, mix it w/ water (a mug full or so, just enough to soak the eggs later on), soy sauce, pepper & salt, let it boil then turn off the stove
    Peel the eggs & put them in a bowl, pour the mixture above over them & let it cool down
    After a while, the soy would seeps into the eggs & turn them brown
    Enjoy w/ freshly cooked rice

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
    gtreed likes this.
  9. Lunasa Lanuru

Lunasa Lanuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m from Ireland so not sure if you will have exactly everything I use - packet mix wise, where you are. I have a few easy go to’s when cooking. I’m also allergic to onions so these are all minus onions! Sorry!

It’s hard cooking when in uni - for my first year I lived on the pizza place on campus and ready meals. There was also a badly baked potato fail - apparently I shouldn’t have put it in the over for 2 1/2 hours.

But these are some of the ones I relied on during my uni days and are now my easy lazy day meals. I hope they help.

Prep your potatoes, peel and then cut, I either cut into small cubes or thin circles, place into a pot and bring to boil for 5 mins. Pat dry and place on a baking tray, drizzle a little oil and throw into oven for 20-25 or til crispy.
    Then take your chicken (thighs or breast) throw it in the oven with whatever spices you want - I typically use a chicken OXO cube or just plain salt and pepper. Cook for 20-30 or til fully cooked.
    Then finally make up your gravy (or sauce of choice) and cover you chicken and serve with veg of your choice.

Cut your pork and bacon, throw into a pan with some black pepper.
    Once those are cooked throw in mushrooms and cook down for 3-4 mins.
    Add in double cream (about 250ml) and tomato purée (I typically use 1 or 2 tablespoons - take it slow if your nout sure how tomatoey you’d like you sauce).
    Turn down and let it simmer for 10 mins.
    Then depending on your mood you can have this with rice or pasta.
    Serve.

Take your chicken, cut into small pieces and throw into an oven dish with sweet peppers (Onions if you want) and a small tin of chopped tomatoes.
    Take either a pre-made faijita seasoning or mix together
    1½ tsp ground cumin
    1 tsp dried oregano
    Place in with your chicken and veg and mix. throw into your oven at 180 for 30-35 mins.
    Once finished stir in a 1-2 tbsp of plain yogurt
    I would either have this with either sweet potatoes or wraps.

Cut your chicken and into your pan with salt and pepper, cook for 10 mins before adding in your veg - I use sweet red peppers and carrots (sometimes sweetcorn - weirdly it works)
    I get a Blue Dragon Sweet and Sour sauce packet throw that in and mix well. Lower heat and let simmer. I would put my pineapple in now if I’m going to have it.
    Cook your rice and serve.

gtreed and Lovelybutter like this.
  10. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    I wrote my whole reply and then saw the date. You fools! This is from 2021!

11. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've always found spaghetti to be nice and easy to make. That was true in 2021, too, if you're still stuck there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.