Recruitment Ebisu Translations' Recruitment Page

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by LysUltima, Dec 31, 2017.

1. LysUltima

LysUltima Riichi! Tsumo! Toitoi! Suuankou!?

Reading List:
    Link
    The Site:
    We are a Chinese/Japanese Translations site (but will accept Korean)!
    You may have heard of us through my relentless (and shameless) forum advertising, or reading some of our more popular novels:

1. My Pet Is a Holy Maiden
    2. I Reincarnated and Tried to Become a Genius Child Actor. I Want to Quit.
    3. Shoujo Grand Summoning
    You can visit us at ebisutranslations.com!

Translators

We accept almost everyone, though if you only want to translate to make money, go somewhere else.
    If you want to translate, the only requirements are at least 1 chapter a week.
    You can either bring your own novel, ask us for recommendations, or help with a novel already on the site, provided the current translator accepts.
    And, yes, we accept Machine Translations. If you don’t know how to do a proper MTL, we have translators that might be willing to teach you if you ask politely.
    We accept Chinese, Japanese, and Korean translators.
    PM me if interested!

Translation Checkers
    For people with little time, but high foreign language skills. (Chinese or Japanese)
    You’ll be going over chapters to look for incorrect translations.
    PM me if interested!

Editors
    Read this, and contact me for testing if you wish to apply.
    None needed at the moment

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    Haxagen and Cite like this.
  2. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    "You may have heard of us through my relentless forum advertising."
    Replace relentless with shameless, and that'll be extremely accurate.
    Ohayo~ Yoku neta?

3. Cite

Cite 『Procrastinator』

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    :blobninja::blobninja::blobninja::blobninja::blobninja::blobninja:

LysUltima likes this.
  4. LysUltima

Reading List:
    Link
    <.<
    un, kimi ha?
    <.<

5. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had my very first adventuring just a second ago. There’s too many cheat, too many female harem members, it’s inevitable that I became the hero.
    I totally have zero talent for magic.
    However, I came to be able to use it, becayse I'm the MC.
    My childhood bitch slapping training helped me a lot. I get to slap a lot of @arrogantyoungmaster in another world.
    Most of the people becoming swordsman do not know how to wield a sword since they were previously farmers. Because of their lack of training they have no concept of becoming as fabulous as me.
    I am always butter than those around me.
    Therefore, during a quest when I was approaching 15 with my physical strength starting to wane, I shot an arrow to the knee of an arrogant knight who challenged me, making him a city guard.
    If I am ever wounded, my harem members will always help me, even though half the time it's just me faking it out and being shameless
    Thia is just another cliched adventure story, with me enjoying the chance to be the MC.

AliceShiki, lastin, Cite and 2 others like this.
  6. LysUltima

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry, but I must fail you.

I've sent a correct version in a PM. Thanks for applying! XD

AliceShiki and juniorjawz like this.
  7. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it was just for fun afterall (y)

LysUltima likes this.
  8. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    I started adventuring five years ago, there’s no cheat, no relationships, it’s inevitable to become an adventurer.
    I didn’t have talent for magic.
    However, I came to be able to use it a little by studying, but I cannot compare to those that have trained since childhood.
    My childhood kendo training helped me a lot.
    Most of the people becoming swordsmen do not know how to wield a sword since they were previously farmers. Because of their lack of training they have no concept of foot work making them quite noisy when moving.
    While I was not able to beat those that became knights, I was better than those around me.
    However, during a quest when I was approaching 30 with my physical strength starting to wane, I took an arrow to the knee.
    Even though my wound healed to a certain extent thanks to magic, I thought about the advice I received (Dismissal notice) and decided it was time to retire from adventuring.
    Thus, my life as an adventurer ended after five years.
    Five year ago, I started adventuring. Without any cheat abilities or close relationships, it was inevitable.
    I wasn't talented in magic, either.
    With practice, I was able to utilize it slightly, but my prowess was far slower compared to mages that have started training since childhood.
    Kendo training during my younger years helped out significantly, compared to those that were farmers all along. Lack of training coupled with the inability to improve their footwork resulted in noisy movements.
    As such, while I was unable to perform better than those whom became knights, I excelled among the peasants.
    During a quest in my thirties, as a result of my physical strength waning, I took an arrow to the knee.
    With the help of magic, my wounds mostly healed, but I decided to take the advice written in the Dismissal Notice, and retired from adventuring.
    Thus, my five years as an adventurer was ended abruptly.
    Hai. Mada choshoku o tabeta?

LysUltima likes this.
  9. LysUltima

Reading List:
    Link
    PM me!

10. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Amateurs, see how a pro does it.

Here is my attempt at editing:

ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com ebisutranslations.com

11. LysUltima

Reading List:
    Link
    PM me!!!

Choshoku tte... nani sorya... choushoku? demo, asagohan tte motto yoku iu ndeshou ne~

12. LysUltima

Reading List:
    Link
    Accepted. You can find a discord link on our site, and we can discuss more there... XDXDXD

AliceShiki and Blitz like this.
  13. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    *Sips cocoa*
    Teehee~
    Watashi wa taikutsu shite imashita, desu.

14. LysUltima

Reading List:
    Link
    Still recruiting editors!

15. confuzzledness

confuzzledness New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only just joined to look for some editor roles (no experience - just got spare time and i love to read). I assume 'starting a conversation' is PMing?
    Nonetheless, enjoy my word vomit below: (the original text isn't that bad? are my standards just low?~_~)

Five years ago, I started adventuring. Possessing neither cheats nor relationships, it was inevitable that I would become an adventurer.

Whilst I have no talent for magic I can still use a little after studying, naturally I cannot compare to those that have trained in magic from childhood.

My childhood kendo training helped me immensely.

Most people becoming swordsmen were originally farmers and do not know how to wield a sword and are quite noisy when moving due to lack of knowledge and training.

I couldn’t beat knights but I was better than the average swordsman.

As my age approached 30 and my physical strength started to wane I took an arrow to the knee.

Magic healed my wound to a certain extent but I still received a dismissal notice and it was time to retire from adventuring.

Thus, my life as an adventurer ended after five years.

“Well, who are you?”, I asked myself, stroking my unshaven chin whilst simultaneously gnawing on some cold bread. I was standing on the first floor of an inn.

I am Kenji. An adventurer that has already retired before 30 as a result, I have no means of providing for myself.

When I was in Japan, I was a consultant.

At first, I thought about making a living through consulting but I gave up after considering that I had no start-up capital and the guild being already firmly established in that market leaving little room for anyone else.

“Hey, what are you doing?” called out Sarah, the Archer.

This redheaded woman joined our party two years ago.

I think she is older than 20 but her age is difficult to determine due to her being part foreigner.
    When I ask her she only says that it is a secret, she seems quite worried about her age.

Is this a cultural difference or is she acting sophisticated? We seem to interpret things differently despite sharing a language.

“You shouldn’t buy that arrowhead it is expensive.”

“Could you not be so nosy about how I spend my money?”

Adventurers are quite careless when it comes to money.

They specialize in fighting but are unfamiliar with the concepts of economics, they tend to get ripped off.

Take Sarah as an example. She had a terrible sense of money and as a result was always penniless.

Being unable to just stand by and watch them waste their money I taught them that buying in bulk could save them money.

If you buy the arrowheads, shaft and feathers separate you can build them yourselves.

Even if an archer were to buy an arrow they would end up adjusting it themselves to suit their preference.

As a result, the difference in labour between buying an arrow and making one yourselves is minimal.

How many people are actually buying and usually their arrows as is?

What percentage can be reused? What is the market price and how much can you save by buying in bulk?

Using my knowledge from when I was a consultant, I was able to reduce our arrow expenses to 1/6th of what it used to cost.

They treated me to a drink as thanks. (Cheapskates!)

They understood that such expenditures were wasteful.

Adventurers tend to be uneducated from a poor background.

For beginners, money is a necessity for obtaining equipment, but it is often squandered and not saved.

This results in them struggling to raise their rank.

This is a downward spiral that keeps repeating itself.

I was transported here in my mid-twenties but I was able to do well because of my good money sense.

I helped my party by managing their finances

Well, it seems they weren’t able to understand much, except for Sarah, since they were idiots but…

It helps those like Sarah.

I don’t care much for providing consultancy services to other adventuring parties.

But it can’t be helped as I need to earn money.

With that in mind, I decided to start “Management Consulting for Adventurers”.

16. LysUltima

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, PM = convo

17. LysUltima

Reading List:
    Link
    Still need editors

18. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    1. There's a difference?
    2. Can it be eaten?
    3. Can be eaten.
    4. A bunch of squiggly dots.
    Jokes aside,
    1. The semicolon (;) is used when the sentence consist of two closely related but not directly linkable phrases, such as: @hammyhamham; it's delicious.
    2. Compound sentences = consists of 2 or more independent clauses that are similar or related in theory, seperated by the connector words.
    Complex sentences = At least 1 independent clause + At least 1 dependent clause. Used to add depth and detail to writing.
    Simple sentences = 1 clause
    3. Proper noun: A more specific example of a regular noun, involving giving the object in question an actual name.
    4. Since dependent phrases cannot form a sentence alone, they usually go behind of an independent phrase, which necessiates the use of a comma before a dependent phrase (not sure what you're asking for here, Lys)

19. LysUltima

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Wrong. Semicolons are simply a comma + conjunction with the conjunction implied. "@hammyhamham; it's delicious." is actually an incorrect usage of this; a comma would work better.
    2. Correct.
    3. Correct.
    4. It's because this is where most people fail in comma usage. There are multiple types and placements of dependent phrases, and each have their own comma rules.

Edit: most dependent phrases, when put behind a independent phrase, don't use a comma

20. Vyren

Vyren Version 3.33

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Should I have just done the test? You never asked me to :unsure: