Movie Eddie Murphy plotholes

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Jojo775, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I was watching Beverly Hills Cop, movies age amazingly, other than trashy explosions everything is great.
    Then came BHC 3, why would he go on a Ferris Wheelish ride if he was gonna escape, bad guys simply needed to wait below and the kids scene lol, they're just hanging there for minutes(they could've pulled in)...some strong kids, then he lowers them by rope with his bare hands sliding...
    Then, Coming to America which they're making a sequel of now(highly suspicous of the sequel to be quality). I like the movie and all but isn't it basically about a guy making a dick move on someone else's girlfriend, even if she was in a bad relationship and suddenly she's not with Lionel Richie look alike after he messed up?
    Coming from a personal experience, dick move is a dick move. For example, when I saw some guy sleaze in with my ex 2 weeks after breaking up as he was all goody two shoes to her waiting for his chance, or when I thought a girl had two bad relationships in a row and I'd be way better for her.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  2. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i never really liked the beverly hills cops myself. The first coming to america was pretty funny, but i believe this new one will be awful. After all history repeats itself and sequels from 30 years ago have proven to be bad. I really like trading places.

It is a bit of a dick move, but I believe the movie was pushing for the position that lionel richie lookalike was bad for her, what with not donating/supporting her beliefs, hiding when a robber came into the restaurant, being more arrogant and trying to force her into marriage without talking with her first, and that eddie murphy was a more moral person (as well as more knowledgeable, better able to defend her, and better able to provide for her).

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  3. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but it's still an Eddie Murphy production so I think it may not be a disaster, just not as good. Can you believe those barbers are still alive and in the movie? True that LR lookalike was a douche but Eddie didn't know that when he first found out she is dating already. I mean he also had 39 or 38 days left, why waste it on trying to steal someone's girlfriend.

anon likes this.
  4. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love at first sight. When he saw her, listened to her on that stage he was head over heels in love. shit he, the only heir, was willing to give up his thrown for her

And eddie murphy played most of those guys, including the old white jewish guy.

Jojo775 likes this.