Resolved Edit Review Editor Interprets The Content Differently

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by umair, Jul 22, 2018.

1. umair

umair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The way the create review editor shows content is different to what is shown when I try to edit the same review again.

It seems that the content goes through some kind of fixed post processing logic after first submission. But this post processing does not happen after edit submission. I can understand why though but the user can't reproduce the same post processed formatting. Thus, resulting in a disfigured outcome unless the user rewrites everything from scratch.

For example, with little research, the following changes are apparent from the original content:
    1. Addition of two <br> tags encapsulated in a <p> tag in between lists.
    2. Addition of two <br> tags each, before and after a paragraph content.
    3. Each list item is actually encapsulated in another list, making each independent. This seems to be a bug. Typical structure of each list item is like: <ul><li><ul><li>item text</li></ul></li></ul>
    4. Each original list item is indented twice (or more?) which can't be replicated in the editor for new lists.
    You can see the list anomaly in my recent review: https://www.novelupdates.com/fdrev/?comid=80498&sid=4620

The translation list is new while the other lists are older. It is clear that the new list is correctly formatted as a single list with many items but indented once. While the other lists are indented twice or thrice with no indication of why it is so and also how each list item is an individual nested list.

The solution is something for you to devise but according to how I see it, it may have huge ramifications. If the post processing algorithm really exists, I would rather suggest making something in CSS for the different structural patterns instead of utilizing such an archaic method which surely will be very difficult to scale for changed content.

2. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    @Tony
    only that lazy bum can play with NU web setting
    further discussion you better make conversation with him~

3. umair

umair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok I'll try.

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  4. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, this usually happens whenever I try to update my signature. So I just gave up because of the hassle of having to cut a lot of stuff.