Spoiler Emperor and the Female knight

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by the Legendary Frog, Feb 7, 2020.

1. ArguingApples

ArguingApples Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any chance that these books are translated to English? I would love to buy it if that were the case

2. BantalDacron

BantalDacron Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im buying the original novel,in hangul ofc. there's no respons on the novel pickup req section.(hoping that translator can pick it up).what i can do most is mtl it. hangul pdf-> text-> mtl(machine translate).But for officially released book in english,i think the publisher wont take it.

3. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Despite this 'three wives' thing, I still pity Emperor the most. I only read the indonesian translated webtoon from kakao and the king really loves Polly.

4. eleftheria13

eleftheria13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really heartless of the author, I could get past the 3 wives, he's an emperor of course. But at least our MC deserved a lot better, in my opinion it would have been better if she didn't marry at all, or marry another person. I don't hate the emperor, I just feel like MC will be remembered for her concubine status rather than her hard-earned achievements.

5. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope so too. At least the soldiers adore her, and the king's advisors start to respect her.

6. kieranfortier

kieranfortier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally agree with you! She fought so hard and for so long against the prejudice and fate only to end up as a concubine of an Emperor with three more wives. “Oh, but she is the only loved one”. So what?! Love is not everything and only love is not enough. Just because he treated her better first he had to be her ML?? I expected an ending the reflected better her path. She deserved better.

7. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's essentially a romance novel plus with an Asian author to boot. FL would most likely be below the ML no matter what the ending scenario actually is. I doubt story would end with an ending where MC raises the heir to the throne single handedly and introduce him to the court when he is of age. Rather I'm not suprised to see the author making her another concubine under the love and protection of the male lead blah blah blah and happily ever after, gist of the story being love is everything.
    If it was a real feminist story, FL wouldn't surrender her status to be a mere concubine of the emperor. And story wouldn't be romantic as it is now but rather, more political.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  8. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't another spoiler said the emperor get rid of his three wives and make new law specially for Polly?

whitespade, chassyGG, izznis and 3 others like this.
  9. ArguingApples

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, people are more fixated on the 3 wives plot and didn't even take into consideration the next events.

10. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    So that mean Polly is not a concubine. Thanks for clarification. If I read the Emperor's character right, if he still got those three wives, he will never ever take Polly as concubine. He's already preparing everything to keep Polly lives peacefully after war (give her a land, castle, lots of servants), and when sir Aino told him he should just take Polly as concubine, he reject that idea immediately because according to Emperor's word "Polly deserves better."

11. BantalDacron

BantalDacron Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah finally someone post chapter 59 raw. Uwu uwu. Polly pushed the emperor(kabedon scene) .(Polly only mind Emperor's safety) but Luxor being delulu.(he thought of being kissed:love:). too much surprise for him, Luxor's heart ache.A lot of blushing.Polly undress his uniform and "examined" his chest.Polly was worried of his heart pain,but actually he was being taken aback.Polly scolded Luxor too. Luxor:" if there is no reason,can't I came here?" :X3:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Viliel, syofiaa, Xi-hime and 7 others like this.
  12. rero00

rero00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    one died , one divorced and the last one was traitor and she was killed

13. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know if the FL was ever better then the ML in anything people would cry mary sue. But it's okay for Male protags to be literal gods.

Shounen with Female Mcs really scratches that itch of competent MC whos as good or better. Female aimed stuff focuses on the Romance so a lot of the MC worth is tied to the Male

TyShaye, Viliel, whitespade and 15 others like this.
  14. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So how much of a jerk is the fiance and what happened to him afterwards? I don't think he'll get scotfree after making her that upset to get drunk.

Also, how did emperor react when she got engaged?

Blablasimp and karls like this.
  15. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This kinda reminded me of ex-wives song "Divorced. . . Beheaded . . . Died . . ."
    ========================
    EDIT: (cuz I don't wanna spam the thread w/ multiple comments)

It's seemed to be chapter 43 where he realized that he likes her (that one scene in prologue). Also they even took a bath together. It seems she got happy for receiving a castle/promotion (?). Then emperor went in intending to bath then found her passed out (because she drunk while bathing) and he panicked. When he realized she's fine, he told her that was dangerous. Then he went in to prepare, he even made several poses in the mirror to check his self out. Then when he saw that she's still bathing, he helped his self in the same tub (it seemed to be the public bath for knights).

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    Viliel, im_trash42, Xi-hime and 9 others like this.
  16. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, I am laughing so hard at this chapter. Emperor thinks he's so handsome no one can refuse his charm and here's Polly that just like 'it's a honor to bathing together with emperor'. And at that moment Emperor realize Polly respect him too much to think of him as a man, so he must take this slowly.

I love the fact that Sir Aino is the one that know about Emperor's feeling and he didn't scorn him, he's just saying 'do your best'. When Emperor told him "I just want her to be happy", sir Aino answered "Just promise me you will not crash her wedding then."

weirdgirl, Viliel, Leanisse and 24 others like this.
  17. kyry

kyry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If i'm not wrong (based on namu wiki), poll did get end up with the emperor. The child of the wife who died in childbirth become the crown prince, while poll's son didn't. I think he chase the path of warrior because it is said he is much, much more talented than poll and isn't interested in throne.

18. ArguingApples

Reading List:
    Link
    The concubine gave birth to a princess and then she died. If what you say is true, then I guess Luxor changed the laws so a woman could inherit the throne. Another feminist plot for this novel

Viliel, DOHere, bochucha and 9 others like this.
  19. ArguingApples

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I read with the namuwiki thread, he wanted Pauliana's wealth for himself. Since she amassed quite a lot of fortune and honor after winning the war for the empire. He tried to make an illegitimate child he had with a maid as an heir if he did succeed. I don't know much about the events in between this. Maybe Pauliana was incorrectly pronounced dead in a mission before they got married?? That's why he had the balls to do that scheme?? Someone please enlighten us

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  20. EmWeaCh

EmWeaCh Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been looking for this thread f o r e v a h

the Legendary Frog likes this.