Spoiler Emperor and the Female knight

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by the Legendary Frog, Feb 7, 2020.

1. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't even really call this novel feminist. Theres no prominent female character besides the MC. Most of the named women have bad ends and the MC helps a girl commit suicide so she wouldn't be rape too death. The author just slapped the feminist label on cause polly isn't tarditonally feminine

Didn't really have hopes for the ending after that

2. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait. Where does you read that he's sleeping with Polly and then marry three wives? Unless I read the webtoon and spoilers wrong, he didn't sleep with Polly until he marry her.

3. WinnieS

WinnieS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right. But one can also marry a thousand women but still get no heir. Who knows, he’s actually infertile Or it’s just not his fate to have children. When it comes to this, it’s not certain. But what certain is, having wives will only drive a household crazy

Naenia and bleedingliar24 like this.
  4. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, we already learn that with chinese novels.

bleedingliar24 likes this.
  5. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About many wives vs one wife, you guys are viewing it with modern morals.

There are reasons why concubinage was normal back then. Depending on what era/country, it might be tradition, belief, or simply something logical for them.

Logical in what sense? The death rate is high, whether it is the mother or the child (though I do believe that having them compete added to the death rate). Point is, their medical knowledge was nowhere near us. It sucks. Also, there's the part where they couldn't be sure to birth a son and even if it is a son, would it be someone competent? If it was a foolish one, it would be the end of their line.

Anyway, in their lives, it was normal. Does that make them jerks? Nope. Not in their view. Those in love are the actual foolish ones.

I'm not totally defending the ML but he's a proper gentleman in his era. Though if the author is really gonna sell a lovey-dovey romance, then sht better do a better job.

(And honestly, I'm shipping Pau to someone else!)

6. chibihana

chibihana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's slept with Polly after all the 3 wives was out of view (Rebecca dies after giving birth, Tori is a spy -sort of i guess and been jailed -need further info on this, Stra is getting divorces) While Polly broken heart after been betrayed by her sort-of fiancee and cried out of sorrow while drunk with Lucius + they having a night together.

There's a full novel summary in Korean h t t p s : // konn. tistory. com / 480 for this series .Got a glimpse on how complicated Lucius and Pollyana love is :cry::cry::cry:. Thank God they got their happy ending - after all the drama + political plot + change of law for women + how struggle Lucius to capture Pollyana's heart eventho they have child together first before marriage proposal :whistle:

papapa, lostross, bochucha and 16 others like this.
  7. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for clearing that up. I am asking that because the comment before implying that the king sleep with Polly and then marry three wives after that. It's kinda didn't fit his character.

bleedingliar24 likes this.
  8. booho

booho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So basicly, When Lucius and Poli spend night together, both of them are "single" LOL

9. Reita_360

Reita_360 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its great to know that he slept with polly when they are already available. What I really like to know is that how polly realized her feelings. What happened in between. I mean we already know that the Emperor is head over heels for her.

What also happened after the three wives were out of the picture. What was his reaction when he knew that polly ran away?

Please spoil us more!

10. ARaine

ARaine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers.

Anyways, chapter 68 is out.
    The royal guards are sent into the dungeon and interrogated one by one after a big fistfight occurred. When it was Donau's turn, Paul reprimanded him (he landed the first blow). Donau got pissed because his Nuna was being badmouthed by the guards. He couldn't take his growing feelings anymore, so he confessed and asked her to marry her! Everyone heard the confession and the gossip spreads. Eventually, it got to Lucius and we see him pissed. :LOL::ROFLMAO: We also see Donau locked, down in his knees, and sad (I think Paul rejected him since he's promised already. :cry:) He really cares for Paul. </3

I read a review on book4 that Paul is happy with her boyfriend and children. They didn't conform to society and worked together for each other's happiness.

--It seems they're dating openly while taking care of the kids and working, and then get married after the law changed. Maybe this is the part where their relationship grew and Paul eventually fell for the persistent Emperor.

11. Reita_360

Reita_360 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, you mean they got more than one kid? By boyfriend, you mean the Emperor right?

Viliel likes this.
  12. ARaine

ARaine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is only Princess Lumine and Jared Winter, so there are only two children. I think the boyfriend is the emperor.

Viliel, syofiaa, DOHere and 4 others like this.
  13. chibihana

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, Pollyana will eventually married Lucius I and becoming an Empress + Knight in the same time xD

Got my e-book several days ago and this is the 1st time in my life i buying an e-book without knowing the language xD A bit hard for me as there's no auto-translate for e-book apps and i need to screenshot the novel and paste it on google-translate apps to read it. In short, tremendous workloads but its really worth it!!

Beware of grammatical errors and heavy spoilers- its really hard as i'm just take it out from Google Translate- maybe some have a different meaning and yeah...>.>

So lets do the quick summary - Not really touch on book II and half of Book II since its already been covered in webtoon. I just go after webtoon and some difference between webtoon and novel.

Book I
    - There's a scene which make me really devastated and i can understand why Polly really hate to be in Ehaz...While Polly served as Ehaz soldier, Polly been r*p** by one of his commander. Since its in military and the commander is one of the noble family , there's no use for Polly to go inform the higher authorities. While being r*p*d, the first snow fell...
    - In novel, Lucius ask the soldier to r*p** Polly before the soldier proceed to kill her due to Acrea's superstitious (if virgin lady dies in battlefield they might become ghost etc etc) Really Lucius >.>

Book II
    - Same as above, the webtoon already covered till chapter 68. Not going to spoil more on Danou and Lucius jealousy xD
    - Back in Acrea, Polly been given title "Marquis" by Lucius I. This cause an uproar as the country is a conservatice country - woman cannot get land, title and such.....this will be play an important part of the novel.
    *Marquis Pollyana Winter So cool~~
    - After the unification, Lucius I have been pushed by the Nobles or higher ups to get an heir to strengthen up the Empire . Thus, the selection of concubines begin. Tori in the North, Stra in Central and Rebecca as a Southern rep concubine. Pollyana will be the Special Guard for this concubine as per instruct by Emperor Lucius. F*c* you Lucius!!! How dare you claim you love the girl yet asking her to be Guard for your wives!!!!!..but yeah, its just one-sided affection as Polly did not know Lucius is in love with her. Talk about our dense MC after all the advance made by Lucius xD. Heck, she felt happy on the job - talk about being needed and the Emperor are not abandon her after the war.
    *Im trying so hard to hate the concubines but ultimately failed since their fate is soooo.....tragic :(
    - Since Lucius I is soo busy with all the administrative stuff, the wives feel alone and only Pollyana there to entertain them and the four of them have becoming close friends (idk why i think its yuri and its more to Polly's harem rather than Lucius xD)
    -Tori is acting like the leader since she's from Acrea, Stra is the cutest one and Rebecca is the ambitious person but unfortunately having a weak body.
    - Due to having a weak body, Polly always tend of her well-being. That is why they always talk to each other. Rebecca mentioned how lucky Polly was to escape the "wall" as woman. There's no woman in the continent as lucky as she was. Being a Marquis, owning a castle, land with massive wealth just for herself without being discriminate. While she, being inside the "wall", only can be satisfied by being a queen, giving a male heir and thats it for woman. If they married, their change the surname into the husband family; never keep something for themselves even they're Queens. After Pollyana, there's no woman like her and woman will being discriminate that way forever. This really make Pollyana thinking about woman in every aspect - although before this she is aware of it but just brushed it off. She, whom never been closed with the same gender pondering on what Rebecca have just said.

I'm not sure if its on Book II or III, Rebecca stated that she wish to not given birth to a girl as she fell sorry for them to be born :( - unfortunately she got a daughter instead and died.

There's one part that i love the most which literally told us about Rebecca and Pollyana friendship as both open up to each others.

*Just straight copy paste from Google translate cause im too lazy- Some of them im not sure what its really means LOL

"A story that I couldn't tell because I was afraid of being badly moral and morally and ethically bad because I couldn't do more because I was close. A story that cannot be said to the same article or colleagues. A story that you cannot tell because you are not familiar with the same woman. Lots of stories like the stars in the night sky. Pollyana have never fought back against Rebecca. Pollyana has never been on horseback with Rebecca. Pollyana have never had an overnight discussion about effective strategies with Rebecca. Pollyana has never been drunk enough to fall down with Rebecca. Rebecca has never stayed up all night chatting with Pollyana. Rebecca never embroidered with Pollyana. Rebecca has never discussed over a thousand different types of robes to wear with Pollyana. The lives of two people who have nothing in common and nothing in common. Strangely,she showed her inner ugliness and both grew curious of each other. It was different from what Pollyana had with Luxus I, Donau, and Park Si and Barissa (idk who is this..seriously). One would also be friendship. 'How's it going to be, even if there's a little old car'? (?!!!) Women do not shake hands.
    Rebecca was a little embarrassed, but carefully held her hand by Pollyana. The two waved their hands at the same time. The crying Rebecca laughed small. I became a concubine and a friend who lives here."

For Book III & IV - i tend to skip the chapters so yeah need to read it all over again.

Viliel, syofiaa, DOHere and 33 others like this.
  14. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WOAH WOAH WOAH! YOU'RE AWESOME! Thank you for spoilers! Please share more if possible. :aww:

Marane101 and bleedingliar24 like this.
  15. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No offence but reading this pollyanna deserves way better then Lucius, should have eloped with her Yuri harem

I thought the webtoon has such casual rape but the novel surprises me even more.Poor poor polly

I can understand why they removed the scene of Lucius telling his soldier to rape her. No one would like him anymore. And this makes It more likely Lucius allowed his men to rape the females of the countries they capture before killing them. Gengis khan much

meikoy, Viliel, Naenia and 19 others like this.
  16. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gengis khan and literally every other army in history. Raping and pillaging is still common practise today. There was a servey a couple of years back that found that more than 900 women were raped by US soldiers throughout the Iraq and Afganistan wars for example. So technically, the story is being historically accurate, highlighting perfectly how shit humans treat one another.
    But yes, I get why they left that part out in the manhwa, seeing as how the primary audience is female and we tend to take this kind of stuff veeeeery seriously. I could never support an ML that does that, not to MC or to any other girl.

17. Coffea to Ell

Coffea to Ell 【❀ Sleepy Bunny ❀】

Reading List:
    Link
  18. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah. The novel is kinda dark. Thanks for the spoilers!

19. chibihana

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, its pretty dark tbh and i re-read it over and over again to confirmed it. But actually not just that, they're plenty of scene in make me sort of gagged while reading it. There's one scene in Book II whereby Aino Seki sexually harassing palace maid but eventually the maid will becoming his wife..of course Polly comes to rescue (before the maid becoming his wife) teaching her to kick his balls ..LOL

Possible this is more related to how Japanese army treats Korean women while they're invaded Korea in WWII; if you're talking about history and such..Seeing how the older Korean people still hate Japanese i guess the author try to put the thought into his/her writing.

I really can't wait how the webtoon try to sort it out as far as i know, the novel talking a lot about woman discrimination..some sort of gender equality i guess .I wonder will it be dark as the novel or its sort of twist of comedy in it. Seeing the webtoon i guess it will become into drama + comedy.

-----
    This story is starting with sort of wars and conquest in Book I. Book II is more into Acrea's conservative law + overall the continent constitution. Book III more into conclusion of concubines fate, treason and also deceit. Since the biggest audience is female; Book IV will wrapping all the romance between Pollyana and Lucius I.

Lucius got Polly pregnant just one night of their drunken states..(since his wife already passed away and royal heir is female before this; its sort of makes Polly's son a crown prince and she will becoming an Empress)....knowing Polly, instead of happy, she devastated while running away to her territory and give birth alone without anyone knows. Since she did not know the Emperor feelings, she thinks this is a biggest sin she ever committed and preparing herself to be executed >.>

I've got 'the' Skip Beat vibes for Polly on how she viewing Lucius as her savior (or God maybe?) instead of potential lover...this is understatement as we see how miserable her life before the oath she makes to Lucius. Due to this, the author put a lot of effort for romance scene in book IV..a little bit cheesy and dragged but who's complaint about it? :D

20. ARaine

ARaine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I know. <3 But I read that it took Lucius years to change the law but I also read it took him one year. (Please confirm. hahaha) So if Paul is 33 when she got prego and stayed at the estate for 1 or 2 years, then she's 35. How many years did it take the King to change the law and get married?

You're awesome! You're our hero! I wanted to buy it but meh. I hate Google translate murdering the meanings and I might end up gagging. XD I'm hoping for English trans release which IDK when that will release. Btw where did you buy your ebook?

Book 1 - I read it in Namu and I hoped GT wrongly translated it but T_T oh gawd. I feel sorry for her. No wonder she becomes the best kicker in the world! BTW can you confirm, I read she was r*p*d an*l by the commander?

I'm starting to hate Lucius now... =_= and I felt pity for him in the latest chapters of the manwha because he can't even confess while others can. I guess I shouldn't have. He deserves all the pain!

Book 2 - I think it's Lucius plan to protect Paul from the nobles. Paul said that usually female knights are asigned to protect Emperor's queens. Since the uproar in ch68, if she becomes special guard to the queen, then the nobles will shut up.

Well, if Paul swings the other way, I know she will have plenty girls for her harem. I read on Spanish and English commentors, they're willing to be part of her harem or even marry her. hahaha.

I think Rebecca is Paul's very first girl friend! I'm glad they're there for each other. I'm glad Paul will know her worth and that she'll never give it up even if it's for the Emperor. He's the first one who falls, let him suffer :v
    BTW Park Si and Barissa, is Park and Vanessa Bika. They are twin daughters of Lord Levi Bika. They are friends and fan girls of Paul.

Book 4 - Are you telling me she just went AWOL and hid just like that? What is Lucius' reaction when Paul left? What was their reaction when they woke up after they did it? What does Jared look like? Did Paul hate having Jared? What is Lucius' reaction seeing his son? Spoil me moar, please! XD

I never thought Paul dense but more like she viewed Lucius as her God and savior. It doesn't help that he's very handsome as an angel while Paul was ugly (hot :v). In her mind, there is no way her handsome God/savior will fall for her. That's also why she's immune and doesn't blush worse than a school girl if Lucius is around. Nope, we won't complain. We want more strawberry(blushing) Lucius. We want more fluff. XD

Anyways, thank you very much for the spoilers. :)