Spoiler Emperor and the Female knight

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by the Legendary Frog, Feb 7, 2020.

1. lonelyfish

lonelyfish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading all the spoilers from this thread (THANK YOU!!! <3), I still can’t fathom how Pauliana ended up with the emperor. I mean yea it’s all fictional but to marry and love someone who ordered someone to r*pe and then kill you is just hard to stomach imo. When reading the webtoon version, I was fking exciting that there was an independent badass woman as our FL/MC but the ending is kinda disappointing. :facepalm: Was looking forward to her being alone and away from Lucius. I’m definitely not a fan of stories like these where they try to normalize r*pe that eventually lead to romance between said characters (bleh). Like come on are you serious:notlikeblob: damn. Don’t get me wrong, I love me some good ol romance but I hate the ML in this one folks. :blobsick:

DOHere, samira01 and theilikepie like this.
  2. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then I recommend Crimson Karma. So far, that is one of the most badass female stories I have found. It also does not look like it'll involve much romance.

DOHere, aadawne17, samira01 and 4 others like this.
  3. ARaine

ARaine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -Currently out now is 116. 15 or 25 more chapters to go. I'll try not to spoil you from now on :x What chapter did he said that? I don't remember at all :D But yes, everyone in the military respects her after the Bebero crossing and Bikpa incident.

In conclusion, aside from Lucius, only Donau is fitting but sadly dropped out. I need to read about Frau to give more evaluation. :D (yes, he's an azz) yes, everyone remained because of how awesome Paul is. xD (me too)

We're the same! I'm also enjoying how pathetic he is in the manwha. I'm looking forward to it in the novel! (Because novel Lucius deserves it more! Manwha Lucius doesn't deserve it at all :( )

-As off ch72, yes. They just remove some bad stuff that will turn the audience off. The main story, fluff, and the comedy is still there.

- I can't blame you. I also hated him for that too but what really redeemed him is his character development. He apologizes to Paul twice, changes his perception of women, genuinely loves Paul enough to keep his love hidden, 200% courts her, doesn't coerce her, promises her forever, and changes the law for her. He really saw Paul as a woman and a human being to be respected. It's not just Lucius but a lot more characters changed as Paul fights her way through them shows them what a woman can do like Donau, Ainno, Stra, Tori, and many more.

4. lonelyfish

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn. Maybe I’m thinking too deep into it. My fault for comparing it to reality. Even though it rubs me the wrong way, I should bring it down a couple notches and enjoy Pauliana kick ass. Definitely going to continue reading the manhwa version. c:
    :blobhero::blob_pompom:

chibihana and ARaine like this.
  5. SoraxRiku

SoraxRiku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your feelings are 100% valid. This is why I have a love/hate relationship with Lucius (love in the sense that I love seeing him suffer). If I was introduced to the novel first I too would've dropped it, but thankfully the folks adapting the series into the manhwa realized if they adapted this faithfully, everybody would've dropped the series.

For once a manhwa made smart and creative changes to the original work and now the series is a lot more lighthearted while still maintaining the core themes of the novel.

This is why I get Aria levels of joy seeing Lucius suffer :blobmelt:

But yeah I enjoy the manhwa a lot more plus I get to see my adorable and handsome Paul :aww:

One of the things I like about this thread is that we have all discussed both our problems and joys about the novel and manhwa.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  6. Ashley27

Ashley27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading this thread gives me headache. I'm reading many complaints here than the spoiler itself. I've read the other thread of this work first before this and all I could think about is that this should have been the forum thread and vice versa.

7. SoraxRiku

Reading List:
    Link
    I get what you mean. Ultimately, what keeps me coming back is Paul. I adore Paul's character so much that she outshines the rest of the story for me personally. Plus it doesn't help I have a huge crush on her character (and the manhwa gives me plenty of moments to thirst after her:blobnosebleed:)

8. RoryJupiterhehehe

RoryJupiterhehehe New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guess the only reason im gonna continue reading the manhua is to see their kid i guess..is it bot or a girl tho??

9. lonelyfish

Reading List:
    Link

a boy
    This is lucius’ second child (the first being a girl from one of his three wives) and Pauliana’s first.

DOHere and rock.doll like this.
  10. CapAlexios

CapAlexios New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - Try backreading. It's in page 5. There's a link there. Try chapter 90+.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for informing me of specific page in spoiler section. I tried backreading but I guessed I had skipped over the comment for the link. Thanks a bunch!

ARaine likes this.
  11. Ashley27

Ashley27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She has a cute personality that keeps the Emperor on edge always. I love the fact that she's no damsel in distress like the typical romance. Emperor doing his best to woo her as his wife makes me so intrigue for this story.

12. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    O M G!!!! The latest translated chapter is so so so SOOOOO CUUUUTE & FUNNY! :blob_grin: Aino's reaction to Lucius confession is just GOLD!:blobjoy: And Lucius 'in love' look with all those flying flowers (very shoujo-ish) around him every time he sees Miss Paul is just PURE GOLD! :blobnosebleed:

The webtoon is way funnier and more lightweight than the novel.

13. SoraxRiku

Reading List:
    Link
    Right?!?! I feel like Aino is going to have a lot of fun laughing at Lucius's expense, BUT in his defence it amusing watching Lucius suffer~~~

Having said all of that Aino has a point, Paul doesn't see Lucius as a love interest at all and its funny how she literally misses all the flying flowers and the fluffy atmosphere :blobjoy: She really is the kind of girl you have to be direct with or she is never going to understand.

14. ARaine

ARaine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Paul's defense, I don't think she's dense at all. :D She just sees the emperor as her God and Savior. She can never imagine her God fall for her.

Besides in the novel, Lucius said to her, he'll rather sleep with a dirty prostitute than sleep with her. She really felt safe around him. Sadly though, he's like the rest of the men, a wolf in sheep's clothing(Lucius words, not mine!) :D

As for Ainno, it's so funny to see him in denial but it's nice to know that he wants Lucius to be successful in his love conquest and for Paul to accept Lucius. :D

In the later chapters, we see Ainno as the messenger of all the gossips regarding Paul. He's totally enjoying Lucius' pain and keeps reminding him to control his expressions. :D

Popcrazy, Astezt, leyeh2 girl and 4 others like this.
  15. chibihana

chibihana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh...the spoiler for chapter 73 for manhwa is out in D&C Official Naver blog!! :X3::X3:

Based on the description, I think its different from the novel :X3:OMG OMG!!! Can't wait to see the actual chapter!!

For novel chapter 119 - I knew itt!!! This chapter confirms it that Paul is indeed been described as handsome-girl rather than beautiful in which WHYYYY all her male counterparts saying she is ugly :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: All girls loves our handsome Paulllll

16. ARaine

ARaine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... I can't see it. I need to wait for tomorrow or 12 midnight today. :D

I read in 119 she wants to attend the wedding! Maybe now that she's not part of the royal guards she'll be able to attend it? xD But wouldn't it be too awkward?! hahaha xD

She really was handsome in her royal guards uniform (*-*)
    They're jealous of her handsomeness :D Only two got captured so far! hahaha...

rock.doll and SoraxRiku like this.
  17. SoraxRiku

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, novel Lucius makes me so mad whenever he said bullshit like that. The saying "you look better when your quiet" fits novel Lucius really well. I don't blame Paul for not believing anyone would like her since in terms of the novel everyone is so quick to remind her she is "ugly". There can be a drinking game over how many times people say that crap to her. It does something to your self-esteem.

Ainno might as well be me in the manhwa. I too enjoy watching Lucius suffer and him being in pain. :blobmelt:

YES!!!! It finally sounds like the novel is going to have some sense and show us petty men being jealous of how handsome our Paul is :aww::aww:

I'm excited for chapter 73 and what changes they made from the novel!!!:blobpats:

chibihana, KathyClysm and ARaine like this.
  18. akkeykun

akkeykun Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does lucius in novel and manhwa. has different personality?doe the manhwa storyline different from the novel?pardon me

19. ARaine

ARaine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - I think they are the same (big ego, greedy, kind to subjects, superstitious) but in the manwha Lucius' bad actions due to bad traits are more hidden.
    - As of ch73, it follows the storyline but has made a few changes like removing brutal/ sexual scenes or removing/ changing some details in book 1 like how Paul found kelpie route. The manwha is more lighter and fluffy while the book is jam-packed with details that the manwha lacked.
    - Idk though in the future how much they'll follow the original storyline.
    - Anyways, you can determine yourself. A kind-hearted soul already posted the novel link if you want to read it. It's on page 5, just back read. I'm just warning you though it's not for the faint-hearted. Book 1 can be nasty so be prepared. Enjoy! ^^

- It seems like you're getting what you want but I wish she was in Citrine instead! D:< Poor Lucius, he keeps rereading Paul's letter :D He should try and reply :D
    - Anyways, this is good too because the novel trans might be able to catch up with the manwha! :D

CH122 just confirms it!
    Lucius' beauty is compared as feminine while
    Paul's is handsome like a young man!

They are reversed! AHH! hahaha. We also see his jealousy strikes, I'm loving it! :D

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  20. SoraxRiku

Reading List:
    Link
    AHAHA!! Is that what happened in chapter 73? I thought it was a cute montage of them exchanging letters, but this whole time he was just re-reading the same letter over and over again :blobrofl::blobrofl:

I love that I am getting what I want~~ Paul living her best life (is she?) meanwhile we cut back to Lucius suffering :blobowoevil::blobowoevil:

I am surprised she is working in the fur trade? Either way I like that the manhwa is expanding on the story and we get to see more of Acrea through Paul's eyes.

leyeh2 girl, rock.doll and chibihana like this.