Spoiler Emperor and the Female knight

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by the Legendary Frog, Feb 7, 2020.

1. chibihana

chibihana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -Yes it is!!! Since i'm using GT i'm kinda afraid to interpret it here but thank god someone already take over this :D LOL Beauty Lucius and Handsome Paulina :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anyway,
    In Novel, its mention when they're making love, Paul's tend to get a muscular pain + ache in her below body afterwards :whistle::whistle: It seem Lucius is a Beauty on outside appearance but beast on inside..if you get what i mean..lolololololol

- You'll see a lot of Lucius jealousy moments after this :rolleyes: I love to see him getting on nerves+jealous + pain every time he found out Paul with a guys. Just go and confess rather than getting married to 3 wives dude...Duhhh!!!

-Based on Naver page, it say Paul's is going to participate Hunting Competition? It seems Paul's is trying to sharpening her skill in archery? Oh lol i just trying to figure out what's it mean :ROFLMAO: Lucius is such a dork xD
    - Same here, i love to see more on Paul's life journey. It's like a documentary that i can't help to admire her view in life :)

*off topic, i just read Crimson Karma and idk why i didn't get the same vibe with Emperor and The Knight >.< The FL seems a bit of...cutey but have macho attitude? LOL But i found out there's a scene from Emperor and The Knight novel - the handkerchief scene :D
    *Also in Beware of Villainess manhwa, the FL's grandmother is wearing an armor in her wedding :ROFLMAO:

DOHere, Astezt, rock.doll and 3 others like this.
  2. SoraxRiku

SoraxRiku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is such a dork xD

I hope these will be long filler chapters during the one year Paul is away from court. Like we get to see her develop outside the sphere of influence of Lucius and the military. She has been in the military almost her entire life and never had the chance to really relax and live the life of an ordinary citizen. I feel like she deserves that peace for awhile before we get into the heavy stuff of Book III and IV.

Plus we might get scenes of Lucius being a dork and maybe sneaking out of the castle to watch her from afar like sick love puppy. I live for this man's suffering. Also, I need more of Ainno's face being done with everything :blobxd::blobxd:

Theory of minor changes I hope to see in the concubine arc for the manhwa:

I know it was mentioned that one of the concubines realizes that Lucius loves Paul, but I hope all three of them figure it out early on and try to deal with their complicated feelings about it since all three of them really like Paul too so they ain't mad. Especially, Rebecca since she becomes Paul's first legit girlfriend.

3. ARaine

ARaine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -Yes, every day until Ainno is being a killjoy and took it. Oh, come on guys! Lucius is just having that feeling when your crush texts you and you read it over and over again because reading it once just isn't enough! ROLF! Besides Paul only sent one letter :T.
    -She's trying her best to make do because she can't be with Lucius anymore. You know she's the happiest when she's beside Lucius :love:
    -Nah. She just joined a hunting group because she wants to study Acrean culture but the men are being an ass again.

-ROLF. Thats's Acrean strength for ya. I wonder if Ainno is like that too? Poor Paul and Cekel :ROFLMAO: It's the same as The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes where the FL can't stand up afterwards. ROLF. :ROFLMAO:
    -I find it funny that Paul blushes with other guys but when it comes to Lucius, she doesn't. I thought she was immune to all guys but it's only Lucius. Pft! Poor guy indeed!:ROFLMAO:

- I think Crimson Karma isn't really romance packed but maybe in the future chaps based on the spoilers.
    - Same handkerchief scenes but different meaning :)

Anyways, I mtl and cleaned ch73 for anyone who wants to read it :D Enjoy.:
    Legend:
    IK = Inn Keeper
    P = Paul
    L = Lucius
    A = Ainno
    N = Narrator box
    N/P = Narrator box but Paul's inner mind talking lol
    MR = Man in red cloak
    MG: = Man with gray hair
    MO = Man with orange hair
    TN = My personal notes, dontcha mind them :rolleyes:
    B1, B2 = B*stard1, B*stard2

(TN: Paul in the inn)
    IK: Did you have a good night, knight?
    P: Yes. Good morning.
    IK: I will bring your meal soon.
    P: Yes.
    N: Pauliana was released from the rank of captain
    P: Hmm...
    N: and moved her quarters from Nanaba Castle to Nanaba's inn.

P: I was upset when I left Nanaba Castle, but come to think of it, there are some good things. If this is the case, this will be a great opportunity to take a leisurely tour of Acrea.

N: No matter how much Lucius I respects the culture of a conquered country, in the end, the empire itself is Acrea. Everything will be rebuilt on the basis of Acrea.

P: Well, let's think of this as a vacation and study Acrean culture.
    N/P: Of course, I have been living with the Acreans all this time but the military and real life are different.

(Paul trying to join the Hunter's Alliance)
    MR: Huh? You want to join the Hunters Alliance?

P: Yes, I would like to participate for about a month. Are there any conditions?

MR: There are no conditions, but... we don't accept women. (TN: A**hole!)

P: Wait. Why don't you accept women?

MR: Do I have to explain it in words? Hunting is a man's role. If a woman sees blood in her body, she will surely freeze. (TN: whuut? Everyone is like that at first time!)

N: I already know the Acrean way of thinking. Acreans are very superstitious.

P: What are you talking about ... The blood I shed once a month is probably more than the blood shed by your prey. (TN: She meant period and YESH! I agree! :cool:)

MR: Don't take it personally. This is not a work for a young lady.

P: Young lady...? If that's the case, don't worry. I've already spilled a lot of blood as a knight.

MR: You're a knight? Then you are... Pauliana Winter who is known to have hunted a dragon?

P: It wasn't a dragon, it was a crocodile. I'm thrilled you recognize me.
    MR: Hey, this is Lord Pauliana Winter! (TN: so Cool ~~<3 Woot!)
    MG: Pauliana Winter, the knight?
    MO: You look better than I thought, don't you think? (TN: OF COURSE! SHE's HAWT!) You're different from the rumors.

P: I can use bows and daggers without difficulty, and I can handle traps. Hunting wasn't my main job, but I wouldn't be an outsider at all.

MR: Hmm.... All right. We'll take you but there's a condition, a week! If you don't catch something in a week, you will have to withdraw without protest.

P: Oh, yeah. Sure.
    N/P: She's used to it.
    MR: We have a deal!

(Paul reminiscing Lucius :love:)
    P: Come to think of it... Your Majesty was really good at archery.

N/P: His Majesty's strong arrows, which flew through the wild winds of the Koemon River, it was often a hot topic among the knights.

P: If I knew this would happen, I would have asked His Majesty in advance how to shoot arrows. (TN: Paul, he'll love that :love:)

L: ...I came to see you. I'm sad that I don't have a single letter even though you can't come because I didn't call for you. (TN: SUFFER Novel.Lucius! :ROFLMAO:)

P: ...for your kind consideration, I'll give you a report this time. (TN: Aw<3)

PAUL's REPORT (TN: AKA LOVE LETTER :v) :
    Is His Majesty doing well?

His Majesty's good intentions led to my safe passage. For the time being I'm going to hunt for a while and learn about Acrea

Your Majesty's advice on hunting, which Your Majesty have occasionally told us, has been a great help.

On the day we meet again, I would like to hear more about Your Majesty's favorite hunt.

I am looking forward to the day Your Majesty will call me.

(TN: Lucius just keeps on reading the same letter over and over again. Who cares? He's happy!)
    Is His Majesty doing well?

His Majesty's good intentions...

(TN: KJ Ainno takes the scroll.)
    A: How many days have you been reading the same letter? It's worn out!

(TN: Back to Paul)
    B1: Hmmm... The first knight who captured the famous dragon only captured one rabbit today? I will lose money if you continue like this.
    B2: Rumors are bound to be exaggerated.
    B1: I heard the captain was fired.

P: These b*stards...

ahh... I just read ch123 and it pains me so... No wonder Paul thinks no one can love her just the way she is! Everyone's forcing her to marry because it's the only way to happiness, BS! Only widows will take her or be a concubine, what an insult! Worse suggestion is to marry her and divorce after a year. WTF. Better stay single Paul. Acreans are a**h*les!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    Popcrazy, Astezt, leyeh2 girl and 5 others like this.
  4. SoraxRiku

Reading List:
    Link
    That spoiler for chapter 123 sounds awful. This is why I get so mad reading the novel and need to take LONG breaks because it really tests my patience :blobconfused:

To be honest I am waiting for the novel to be in the middle of Book III before I pick it up again. If I am going to be mad I want it to be the band aid effect and binge read in one go.

DOHere, ARaine and chibihana like this.
  5. chibihana

Reading List:
    Link
    - i think its not be a long filler chapter since most of the readers already knew what will happen next ;) knowing that Korean readers will be boring (just like they do fillers in 'Suddenly Become a Princess' manhwa) But yeah, its kinda refreshing to see her in action while not in the war zone.

- Me wanna see it :blobxd:!! I want to see him more like in manhwa chapter 58,59,60 xD More annoying Aino will come after this xD The most annoying part is where Aino wants/busy to get married (or date?) but still need to do some private investigation (where Paul's go, who she meet etc etc) to Lucius. Man, its tough to get bff whom are lovesick fools like Lucius >.>

- Ah, i hope its not since it will be kinda 'Korean-Soap-Opera' if that happen xD

---------------------------------

-Hell yeah he is!! Aino is sooooo beastly since Cekel always complaining her below body feels pain+tired to our innocent Paul :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

- Ahh..i remember Lucius always told Aino that Pauls have no immunity towards men xD and of course Aino brushed off his claimed many times. He is really a worrywart lover and i think even in future, eventho they're married, he'll still tend to get jealous if some guys approaching Paul's xD

- Thanks you for your hardwork :D Its not easy to just use MTL/GT and comes up with such a beautiful translation :D: So Paul's solo journey is begin with hunting? Well, Good Luck Paul on your 'hunting'!! :ROFLMAO: Just can't wait to see the apperance of 'Demon Paul' xD

Yes it is, pains me to see all the woman in their time also thinking the same except the main female characters (Paul, Rebecca, Stra, Tori, Cekel, and the twins). When i thinks more about it, the more i can relate why the author make Lucius first born's a daughter and its from her previous marriage :) Lumine's fate is somehow related to Paul's except Lucius; her father and her stepmother (Paul) loves her so much :) For Paul's, the only thinks she wants a warm family, doesn't matter the child is her's or not.

- Oh well, cant help it since its how most of Asian mind works (since the author is Korean xD) Even today, if you're not married by your age 30, your parents, siblings, bff and people surrounding you will getting anxious. Take me for example, when i was around late 20's, my siblings (big bro and big sis) is busy tried to hook me up with someone; they don't care if its single, divorcees or whatever as long as their lil sis getting married >.> However, my mom not really push me (on marriage) like my siblings do but yeah, she asking me if i want to adopt a child since i'm single at that time. Its really stress me out and want to just shout "Leave me alone" every single time. Thank God i'm getting married when i just turned 30 >.<
    For them, is better to be a divorcee rather than single woman as they tend to think single women (aging more than 30) is cheap bargain >.> Even its not that extreme like 20-10 years ago but yeah, the gossip still there >.>

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  6. ARaine

ARaine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - Yes, it is. Maybe I should follow what you do. Book 1 was finished within 3 months so maybe we have to wait 3 months for each books. :/ I guess I'll finish up to Paul getting fired since I want to read Jainno getting kicked and Donau's confession then I'll stop and wait and read manwha instead since it's more lighter. OTL

- I also heard he employed Donau and Howe for this job but Ainno? Whut! I can't believe... *facepalm

- Thanks. I used GT, Papago, sometimes yandex and my own reading or searching of unknown words. Spanish trans group also helped. :) Yes, she wants to learn Acrean culture through hunting.

-Ugh. This talk again. I'm thinking this is only an Asian thing. Anyways, no more talk like this! I want to focus on ma career hahaha. Let's just focus on Paul ;).

rock.doll, SoraxRiku and chibihana like this.
  7. chibihana

Reading List:
    Link
    I never heard of Papago...might try to used it for the novel i bought :D I wondering what kind of country in medieval era that love hunting? Is it Viking?

LOLOL ..i think i'll also stop reading the translate novel..and wait until Book III since its remind me a lot of my past life >.> Paul got bigger heart than mine anyway :ROFLMAO:

I search for author's twitter account and found out the original English translation site is indeed webnovel site (https://twitter.com/carlitosyricht/status/1258228360406118400) ;) So do buy the coins to support the author!!!

leyeh2 girl, ARaine and SoraxRiku like this.
  8. SoraxRiku

Reading List:
    Link
    Paul said she would be with this hunting crew for a month, so I'm wondering what else will she do in a that year she is gone?!?!? Maybe she will gain travel buddies and make Lucius jealous :blobrofl::blobrofl:

I really like all this added details. I needed this, since Book III and Book IV are heavy in terms of content. From what I remember in terms of heartbreak I imagine on the romantic side it's mostly likely Lucius being hurt by his own feelings for Paul and Paul being hurt by non-romantic things. Am I right on that?

Its going to be fun, I'm telling you~~~

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    ARaine likes this.
  9. ARaine

ARaine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - I recently learned about Papago too. Based from experience, try to use both GT & Papago. Papago understand Korean slangs that GT doesn't. I also read that you can use Papago like GT for Ridibooks. You just need to put your Ridi account to Papago? Sadly I can't vouch for this since I haven't tried it myself.
    - I think so but I think all of Britain loves to hunt before but unlike Acrea who hunt for food, they hunt for pastime.

-Only a week. I want her to be infamous in Acrea in other things so people don't look down on her and seeing Lucius proud of her.
    -Yes.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    chibihana, rock.doll and akkeykun like this.
  10. akkeykun

akkeykun Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

ARaine likes this.
  11. akkeykun

akkeykun Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the reply

chibihana and ARaine like this.
  12. Shad586

Shad586 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we expect to see jealous Paulina too? Or not?

Sorry for my bad English ☺️

13. SoraxRiku

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish tappytoons would post two chapters a week because they are so CLOSE to finishing season 1. Their translations are really good and I really hope folks are buying the chapters because the manhwa is so worth it and enjoyable compared to the novel :blobupset: The novel has things I like about it too, but it honestly leaves me so frustrated.

Since they got rid of some characters from the novel, I am wondering if we are going to get new prominent characters in the story moving forward. It would be nice to see Paul unintentionally gain a group of travel buddies while she touring Acrea for a year. I 100% want her to become famous and highly beloved by the people during her one year vacation :aww:

Hahaha the misogynist grandpa counsel are going to be so MAD~~

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    ARaine and chibihana like this.
  14. chibihana

Reading List:
    Link
    OMFG!!!!! Its totally different!! Both Papago and GT!!! Is like GT is more focusing translating word by word and yeah Papago is more on the whole sentence!!

There's a miss translated made by me >.>
    - The novel did not implied how long Paul's out after she been dismissed from Head Guard post... GOSHHH!! I'm sooo sorry :cry: but yeah she's back after Lucius I announced the new capital for Acrea Empire..

- In Epilogue, actually Lucius is so furious about how the Painter 'editing' Paul's face for the Emperor and Empress potrait but Paul seems didn't mind it at all >.>

-urghhh i hate GT >.> I tried to find out the link between Papago and Ridibooks but unfortunately is none. I think Papago is been build by Naver's team so they're not liased with another book store company i guess. So its focusing on slangs and there's a comment made by fans at Korean site stated how this novel tend to use too much slangs >.>

- IDK why but i think Acrean is somehow based on Russian in real world and Paulina's country somehow is Scotland? LOL xD

- As far as i know, there's no scene for jealous Paulina and if the MTL (machine translated) is correct, the close once is how she wondering Lucius can be with another woman yet at the same time loving another? The only feeling she had is guilty (she's having a good relationship with the concubines ) its like she taken away their husband :/ (although 3 of them is already out from the picture)

- Worry not. I'm also not good in English xD My grammar is out from this world :D

Ah, Tappytoons translation is really good but i wait for them to do some massive release :ROFLMAO: The novel translation a bit bland at first but its getting better in the recent chapters.

-Hell yeah they are!!!! The translation is right on the corner after Danou's (unresolved) confession, it will be the Concubine arc but before that, there's an arrangement of Head of Guard post after this ;)

DOHere, Shad586, anina and 3 others like this.
  15. ARaine

ARaine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - Yes, it's so much better! You'll enjoy reading it much better now. :) Anyways, I stopped reading it for now. I'll be focusing on the manwha.

- I think whole of UK because of their titles and knight stuff but Acrea is Scotland. IDK too. xD

- Now that you answered for the love side, I'll answer for a different aspect of jealousy. I think there are scenes of Paul being jealous but not jealous as a woman to a man she's in love with but rather jealous of other strong and recognized knights. She is jealous of Sir Ainno because he's strong and talented. Lucius often calls his favored/ recognized knights in their nickname like Ino and Bau. Paul knowing this, also felt jealous. She wants to be recognized by Lucius and be close to him as a SUBJECT/ KNIGHT and someday be called "Pol." She is also jealous of Donau because he has a loving family that she doesn't have. She never really expected love nor does she sees Lucius as a man so she never has the reason to be jealous about him. Not to mention she was raised to be a perfect soldier, emotions are a waste of energy so most of the time she brushes off emotions that bothers her.

- So who's going to be the new head guard? I hope it's not Zainno. I hate him.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  16. chibihana

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it is to the point i editing here and there xD. Oh for manhwa, it seems there's a short break for one week is it? i cant wait for the Paul's misadventures in Acrea..cause for most of fillers like this, we only can get at shonen/ML manga/manhwa only :roflmao:

- i think the best words to describe all of this is "envy" :p Yes it is, this is why when Lucius confess his love, Paul completely reject him since she feel Lucius have betrayed her faith in him.

i think there's a 3 new Head Guard; 1 - is to protect the Emperor + something got to do with training?- Aino Seki 2- To protect the Royal family - Paulina Winter 3 - to protect the inner and outside the palace + capital - im not sure who is the one have been apointed to..i think Zaino and Uk (?)

But this change in Epilogue since Paulina is already an Empress :LOL:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    SoraxRiku and ARaine like this.
  17. ARaine

ARaine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, there'll be a break. It seems like Paul and her team will hunt for a human next hahaha. xD

Yes. But in the translation it's jealousy. I always thought both were the same but it's not. :X I guess only Lucius felt jealousy then. Btw, talking about jealousy, I'm wondering if we'll see Paul in a dress while dating Frau? while Lucius is being jealous af. xD

I'm guessing it's Sir Wook who's the third guard since he's a better guard.

chibihana and rock.doll like this.
  18. chibihana

Reading List:
    Link
    - hahaha i want to see the fiery Paul's more :3 Seems interesting

- Nah, there's no scene that Lucius is jealous over make-over Paul xD Btw talk about jealousy, our Lucius level is waaaaay higher than any other ML xD

* at one time, when he know that Paul and Frau going out to Bar at night from the Intelligence Dept, he asked for Paul's to meet him. Paul shock that seeing Lucius become like a zombie instead xD

Sneek Peek of the Book III

- "Your Majesty, what happened? "

Paulina have not been able to overcome the ferocity that is popping up, and i have not been able to get the question from the question. The eyes of the summer greenery were shady, lonely, and the heart that needed to be stretched out proudly pulled a little heart. Even now, the momentum of the king, who seems to command a million troops, disappeared, and he saw a man crushed by something.

Paulina I seemed to be in tears. She had no idea what had happened to Her Majesty for a while. Who blocked the information? Or are you going away from today?

"What the hell did you mean to annoy the main army? "

Whatever it was, Paulina was determined to rule out my life. Paulina knelt down.

"Majesty! What do you plant! Her Majesty's Knight Paulina Winter! I'm going to put everything on and rule out Her Majesty's enemies!"

It was a wonderful article that anyone could applaud. Lucius stared at her calmly and beckoned.

" It's not like that. "

Lucisu called Paulina to the front of the table. Paulina really started to worry about the emperor. Usually, if Paulina or other knights had this momentum, the emperor would be troublesome.

* His reaction when Aino told him that Paul's gonna get married xD

'There was a volcanic eruption in the north and a tidal wave in the south, and it was a furious reaction like someone who heard that the continent was divided by a massive earthquake in the middle.'
    I'm glad that the author is not that sadist and make a happy ending for him. His jealousy and hopelessness in dealing with love is beyond comprehensible LOL

-So its Sir Wook for Uk? Lol MTL~~ always confusing people like me with the unknown character names

-btw, the translation of the novel is already on the ending of Book II, its already entering concubines chapter and the chapter's title called "Concubines's Knightess' :p

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  19. ARaine

ARaine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - Same <3

- I see :( It's so sad and funny(sorry) to read. :LOL: It's the same feeling when he learns about Donau's proposal, having conflicted feelings. That reaction is too much tho! xD I think he's jealousy level is so high because he's used to having what he wants but Paul isn't someone he can have easily so he resorts to jealousy instead. IKR, thank you, author. BTW is the translation Papago/GT? The translation is killing me xD

Btw, Lucius, is already a dolshing(divorced, not attached to any concubines) at the time Paul is hooking up with Frau, right? Because it feels weird if he gets jealous and he has 3 wives. :cautious:

It's Sir Wook in the translation but it can also be read as Uk or Wook in Hangul so both are okay.

Yes, I just read it. I'm guessing all the pain will start here on out OTL. Let's brace ourselves. I hope some gag will relieve us ._.

After reading Donau's talk with the twins, I'm a bit disappointed about it. Twins let him acknowledge his feelings about Paul but doesn't let him confess to Paul... WTF! What's the point of letting him acknowledge it if they won't let him go and as a woman do you want a guy who loves someone else?! :eek: I'm just glad the manwha sorted that out and had a little closing with Paul even if he confessed when Paul turned around and a bit far away (Paul didn't hear it) and wished her happiness too. (Thank you Team Winter and Heyum!)

I'm also thankful that we see Lucius' confrontation with Paul about the proposal that the manwha left out. I finally understand what Paul really thinks about it.

20. SoraxRiku

Reading List:
    Link
    I nearly choked on my water at work when you said:

"i think the best words to describe all of this is "envy" :p Yes it is, this is why when Lucius confess his love, Paul completely reject him since she feel Lucius have betrayed her faith in him."

:blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

I literally imagined him turning grey and seeing a literal arrow going through his heart!!! I can't wait to see all this drawn and laugh at Lucius's expense!!! I also can't wait to see him being hella mad at Paul getting married. I'm so excited!!

In regards to make-over Paul, I think the manhwa already showed that she doesn't really look good in dresses and that is completely understandable because her body type is different and it just doesn't suit her, BUT that doesn't mean the manhwa can't make fun changes. For example, I think she can look really great in more fashionable androgynous clothing and the manhwa should take full advantage of drawing her wearing several different androgynous outfits :aww::aww: (I WANT THIS!!)

Plus I really hate how folks in the manhwa and the novel try to impose shitty ideas of femininity onto her. Paul is actively challenging those notions and wants to exist in the world on her terms and I love that. The fact that Lucius has an Intelligence Dept to track Paul's movements still makes me laugh. Even while having 3 wives, he still has it bad for Paul meanwhile she is living her best life :blobpopcorn_cool:

rock.doll and ARaine like this.