LCD Emperor of Solo Play

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saint, Jun 12, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hyrkan sounds like he might spend 200 Won extra for salt...

I wonder if he'll wind up having to fight Hydra and Big Smiles at the same time?

2. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Hydra and Big Smiles fight each other and Hyrkan races ahead for the Titles.

3. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-142:
    It seems to me that the Hydra excursion team is leading the Big Smiles assault team to an ambush site. I have a feeling that Sohank won't go for the expected 1vs1.

4. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Or they could be following Hyrkan's tracks.

5. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    :eek:

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if Hyrda has a traitor or if Hyrkan is leaving that trail to lure them somewhere.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It occurs to me that it would have been better to hide the skeleton tokens in the snow and summon them rather than conducting traditional ambushes. They could do far more damage from within the enemy ranks than they ever could while attacking from the outside.

Why didn't he take Sinclair's watch? He already stated that he was in a war with Big Smiles and that nothing he did could make their relationship any better or worse. There's absolutely no reason to leave that much money just lying there.

I wonder if Hydra will be making use of Apollo in the future too? Or if this massive blunder will be enough to overcome Apollo's backing and get him booted from the guild.

The people from Big Smiles should have just conspired together to all log out and pretend that they had died. Its not like Apollo would know any different and they could avoid having to suffer and die.

I don't think the rights really mean much in the long run since he doesn't have the infrastructure of a guild and therefore has no way to enforce them if random users or other guilds decide to come and explore. There's simply too much land for any single individual to claim it all effectively. The most this does is get everyone out of the way temporarily so that he can snatch anything that can be snatched quickly. If there's any long, drawn out quests, then he simply doesn't have the power to keep people away until he's finished them.

8. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Warlord doesn't have spacial inventory or item box. Everyone has to physically carry their loot. So Hyrkan should be able to get Sinclair's watch when he kills Apollo, who I assume took responsibility for it since he's their task force leader.

Ch-144:

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, but there was always the very minimal chance that Apollo would actually use his brain and not agree to the "guild war."

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don't get why people are honoring his claim. I mean, it would be one thing if they didn't want to hunt there because it was a miserable place to do anything, but they apparently do want to go and are holding back because a single user wrapped his arms around the cookie jar that was bigger than he was and shouted "MINE!" That's just stupid.

11. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's true there's no real enforcement within the system set by the game.

But the enforcement would be Hyrkan himself. A single player walking into the zone would be akin to walking into a jungle. Sure you may be fine if you're never found, but around every corner there could be a tiger/snake/boar that will have no problem killing you.

Then there's party groups of 3-10 people but Hyrkan has killed a group of 30 players in a Ranking guild, so would you try your chances? The large guilds are probably hesitant on pushing in because most of them still want Hyrkan to join them.

He may be shouting "MINE!" but the big guilds are doing the same thing. They just have more manpower to enforce it.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh oh. Everyone knows his name now. I wonder how long it'll be until they connect him to the Hahoe Mask or his alter-ego, the world's biggest pushover?

Also, it looks like the author is re-writing history to push the Hyrkan/Storm Queen ship.

13. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure everyone already knows the name Hyrkan and he hasn't really hidden it, they just call him 'Hahoe-Mask' because it's his defining trait that all players will recognize.

The bigger problem is that they all know that he's triggered a main scenario line, given that he's already declared the zone that he's in then it's obvious where it begins.

14. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    146:

Hyrkan has 'ushered' in a new era.

Now people will know, Hahoe Mask is Hyrkan.

Yet, what i'm more interested in is the subtle shift of attitude that Hyrkan had for the Stormhunters.

He's basically admitting two things:

1) he was smitten with the old Shir.
    2) his successes today, a lot of it were founded on the successes of the old Stormhunters'. (or rather, what he remembered a lot about what the old Stormhunters did).

Sigh.

15. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Hyrkan had always acknowledged and admired Shir's abilities, but that aspect of her is not the issue. It's her personality that he's got a problem with:
    Ch-1:
    Thus since his goal is to crush her specifically and the 30 top guilds, there's no reason not to steal and make use of their information from his previous time line, especially her's, against them now.

16. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Different circumstances.

He joined the game late in the past (even in this timeline I think he's still behind a few months) so it's no surprise he idolized a strong player, not to mention how she was described as a peerless beauty so a crush/infatuation is inevitable.I don't remember what kind of specific conflict happened between Hyrkan and Stormhunters, whether they tried to make deals with Hyrkan to get him into the guild or it was straight to bottom rung and Hyrkan was too prideful since he got his own leg to stand on. Then there's her domineering "If I can't own you nobody can" personality which is the cause of MCs current deep hatred for Stormhunters.
    I think it was along the lines of Hyrkan feeling that their guild was strong enough on it's own and didn't want to become lackys of a big guild, but then Stormhunters went behind Hyrkan and propositioned everyone else in the guild individually and they couldn't resist the allure of being in one of the top guilds. I'll have to go back and re-read
    Now it's Shir's turn to idolize Hyrkan.

17. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your spoiler is correct. But it ain't a spoiler because it was properly stated in the translated chapters earlier on, just like @SerialBeggar posted.

However, if you reread the chapter 146, there's this subtle shift (or maybe not so subtle, but its still a shift) in thought from "i'm going to destroy everyone and everything related to the Stormhunters, then the 30 guilds" into "okay, I've made it this far, i'm going at least say 'thanks for the guides that i've now been able to reincarnate', hehehe".

If that ain't a shift, I don't know what that is.

18. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    :D:D:rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

19. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Those two should just give into fate and get a room together.

20. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do I feel that Stormhunters will interrupt Hyrkan's solo attempt and because of it he will fail somehow?