Discussion Endings

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by sal880612m, Oct 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    So, with the ending of Coiling Dragon looming on the horizon and other works being translated more slowly than I'd like (read instantly, :p I'm a greedy leech and no matter how fast a translator translates I'll always want more. So props to all translator for their hard work and putting up with people like me.) I started wondering whether people like or dislike endings

For me an ending is really the part of the story that makes or breaks it. If I like how a story ends I will be satisfied, but if I don't it ruins the whole story/series for me. So when I get close to the end of a story I almost want to stop reading. If I don't finish the story my imagination will come up with a satisfying end but I recognize it's not my work and feel compelled to know the actual ending. Sometimes this turns out as expected or even a pleasant surprise but because there is always a chance that the ending could be awful I get almost melancholic as I approach the end of a story I like.

Tldr: I don't like endings what about you guys and gals?

Pretender likes this.
  2. Brenterrou

Brenterrou New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just caught up to Coiling Dragon

It was so awesome in the beginning that I kept wanting to read more but lately it seems like I'm just forcing myself to read as the story has gotten boring in the latest chapters. I just want it to end.

3. Axia

Axia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like CD, hahaha! Wish it wont end but it's continue with ST & SS (they say) whatever, its fun to read MC never stop training to improve, rather than some MCs that are never put much effort in training but stronger than their opponents. Hmm, it is a bit long though

4. aarush

aarush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As I remember after Stellar Transformation comes The Desolate Era.But,stories are not continued,they are similar in some aspect but fairly varies from each other.Also MCs are similar in nature.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  5. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm happy that CD finally ended. It had lost its charm after Linley became god.
    As for ending in general, it's a love-hate relationship. Several series like FMA had a satisfying &complete ending. For that, I'm grateful that the series didn't drag out and end right there. Several other, however, made me wish I've never read the ending because the ending made me disappointed. E.g: Hakkomari.
    If the story is more to romance/ slice of life, i don't mind the series ending, but I demand lots of side stories/ epilogue.

6. arjun pandit

arjun pandit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like sal880612m said if the ending isnt good it ruins the series/story. CD is getting boring and I read the chinese of CD and my feelings about the ending is mixed.

7. Ncf16

Ncf16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have yet to read CD but I do have to say with my experience so far with Manga/Anime/WB etcs... is that most of the times (99%) the endings will suck and probably ruin the story xD I´ve lost count how many times I´ve read in a forum Series X was so good but when the ending was really bad. So I don´t really have lott´s of expectations when it´s about endings

8. Cien

Cien 『Omnivore Reader』Inactive

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished reading ST, and the ending was quite good, though i think the "final battle" was lackluster, The way they built up the story, there wasnt really many ways to extend it any further. It was satisfying and most questions were resolved. As for Coiling Dragon, I still have yet to finish it, im at Book 21 Chapter 25, I stopped because there was one chapter that annoyed me. Hopefully it ends well. Ending is a must for me, stories that needlessly drags the story out just makes me lose interest.

9. Deleted member 36162

Deleted member 36162 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I just caught up to Coiling Dragon

It was so awesome in the beginning that I kept wanting to read more but lately it seems like I'm just forcing myself to read as the story has gotten boring in the latest chapters. I just want it to end.

10. Professor Charles Francis Xavier

Professor Charles Francis Xavier Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Linley gets killed by Haeru.

11. Deleted member 36162

Deleted member 36162 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    April's foll.
    Don't get tricked by that

12. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Some endings are fine. But I find it annoying when it's like one chapter that ends everything and there's nothing to tie up loose ends. Or there's no explanation to finish things. It's like boom this happened. The end. If they don't close it off nicely then I hate it

13. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    What's with the necroing of over a year old threads?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.