Endless Path : Infinite Cosmos By Einlion (Danmachi)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by TypeFantasyHeart, Oct 20, 2018.

1. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sup guys, i wanted to share an amazing novel that i found in the originals of Qidian written by Einlion.
    Endless Path : Infinite Cosmos By Einlion
    Here is the Summary:
    Vahn was an atypical youth. Due to a rare mutation, his blood had the potential to target and attack ailments within the human body. Touted as a universal cure, people had elevated his status above the norm and given him the classification "Panacea". In the media, he was hailed as a great hero who would usher in a new era or human wellness. However, behind the scenes things weren't so bright. Being a unique individual, Vahn spent his entire youth locked up in a lab with various scientists and research teams using his body and blood to perform endless amounts of experiments. The only solace in his suffering was the various anime and manga made available to him between experiments. He often imagined himself as the protagonist in a world of his own, finally in control of his own destiny. For years he nurtured this desire, until at the age of 14 he died when an organization had tried to kidnap/rescue him from the lab...

"Finally, I don't have to suffer anymore..."

This was Vahn's last thought as he faded into the endless black abyss...

"You poor soul."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Vahn is then reincarnated or rather transmigrated into an adolecent body newly made in the world of Danmachi! Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darō ka. 3 YEARS before bell cranel starts his adventures. This is all because all the GOOD KARMA that mc made during his imprisioned and tortured life as a byproducts of all the lives that were saved due to his body and blood.
    And i got to say that the author has done fantastic job making each character in the story. But one thing that makes you wonder all the actions of the MC will affect bell, its clear that bell would take another route different from Danmachi, Its likely that bell will still join hestia and because of MC actions, hestia chances with bell have increased quite a lot =P
    I wont say which familia the MC joins since it would be a spoiler.
    Now the mc because of his background is naive, ignorant and has no common sense but that its changed little by little with the help of those around him.

NOTE: Its a harem, if you dont like harems dont bother

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    DSYS likes this.
  2. sadmanex

sadmanex [I'm popular too]

Reading List:
    Link
    will i like this if i dont like danmachi?

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Just consider it as Vahndalieu from 'Death mage' but in Danmachi world, except his flat personality develops over time and there's 'plot' between the future waifus. Most of the characters and system dynamics are similar but i feel the MC is better in some regards.

P.s. author seems to be pretty educated and familiar with developmental psychology so that's probably part of why the story has that as a strong point.

determan likes this.
  4. determan

determan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm you could try, its slightly different

5. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Strange how being tortured gives good karma. That's definitely not how karma works.

6. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    The result of him being experimented on saved 1.3 million lives. But yes, it's not by his own volition. Otherwise a demon king that gets experimented on could get positive karma just for having certain genes lol.

7. dragonmage124

dragonmage124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the good karma is all the lives saved by the byproduct of his torture.

8. TypeFantasyHeart

Reading List:
    Link
    Its because of inderectly saving more than a million persons from a cruel fate. This is because his blood could cure cancer and other such incurable things. So he got karma from each person saved by his blood, even if it was done by someone else

9. dragonmage124

dragonmage124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the mc in this story will eventually go to other story worlds it is just danmachi was the first world . but unlike many overly fast growth mcs there are already 116 chapters and a larger amount to go if the author keeps up the quality of the chapter before he leaves danmachi .

can only say give it a try and many of the characters from danmachi seem a little more 3 dimensional then the original story with lots of twist in the foreseeable future on how they grow ..after all this story starts in danmachi a few years before bell (mc of the original) enters the city.

10. sadmanex

sadmanex [I'm popular too]

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for everyone reply, i gonna give this a try then

11. TypeFantasyHeart

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, but it remains to be seen if the mc can come and go between worlds or return to danmachi.

12. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I can understand his viewpoint though, what if a serial killer gets shot in the face but they take all his organs and overall more people get saved than he killed, would he get positive karma? Assuming each life is an equal amount etc.

Or what if a child abuser molests a baby Hitler, causing him to die or kill himself and indirectly prevents millions from dying. Would that count as positive karma?

Obviously the thoughts behind the act matter to determin whether it's good or evil, he himself wasn't even aware he 'saved' people so it's kind of a forced plot point, then again it doesn't really matter why he gets reincarnated with cheats, just that he does. :hmm:

13. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know much about danmachi, but if I'm right, wasn't impossible for humans to use magic without have been blessed by a god? Even so, it seems nobody cares about him using his supposed storage magic even knowing he isn't a member of a familia

14. TypeFantasyHeart

Reading List:
    Link
    There are problems with this, first you put that a criminal saves people, but the mc is an innocent, his blood and flesh was used to make medicine and the people who took it knows that it was because of him thus regard him as their saviour. Dont know why you put that mistaken example there about a killer or a child abuser. And second, on your example the amout of people would be little, the mc saved about 1.347.000 people. AS for the child abuser... thats just a sin, you cant kill a baby because it will become hitler later. And even if you knew, the correct way is to teach the baby to become a good person

15. TypeFantasyHeart

Reading List:
    Link
    You are half right and half wrong, its possible for others to learn magic and stuff but it just makes it harder

16. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not mistaken, it's just the extreme opposite. An act of evil ending with more good than bad, much like someone that means good can cause harm but would receive a lesser sentence than someone that intended to do harm. MC is just in between, he never intended anything and was never aware. It could even be said that the people that experimented on him gained positive Karma from doing so and the ones that came to rescue him negative, as he would've saved many more. etc.

17. TypeFantasyHeart

Reading List:
    Link
    Go read the novel and you will understand

18. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read it. Get off your high horse. It's highly subjective whether it's truly rightly earned or not. And my guess is that the whole talk with the goddess emphasizing that his life had worth and what he saved is put on a bit too thick and will tie in back to his mother who died first or his father that he never knew. One of them actually being or having become a divinity and that influencing his reward.

Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean they're wrong and should 'go read it an you'll understand it as i did'.

19. Causal Reader

Causal Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Post the fiction novel here. If advertising post it in general

20. DSYS

DSYS Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I picked up this novel recently and caught up to the latest chapter.
    Must say that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The only thing that bothers me is the sheer amount of females involved with the MC in a short period of time, thus preventing the relationship bond building feeling with some of the characters.

Also invested in the novel to understand how the author is going to transit from Danmachi to the other world, for example, Naruto, etc.