Japanese Engagement abandoned (crushed), the Villainess demanded a love affair with the Wandering King

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Tachi Works, Feb 24, 2017.

?

Would you like to see this translated?

Poll closed Mar 2, 2017.
  1. Yes, I'd read this type of story

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. No, the female protag is too bitchy

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  3. There is'nt a reincarnation so I'm not interested

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I dont know

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  5. idk

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tachi Works

Tachi Works Not a very well known member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name:
    Engagement abandoned (crushed), the Villainess demanded a love affair with the Wandering King
    婚約破棄(すて)られ悪役令嬢は流浪の王の寵愛を求む

Status in Country of Origin:
    Prologue, 62 chapters completed, 6 bonus chapters

Raw Link:
    http://ncode.syosetu.com/n1997cx

Why it should get picked up:

The villainess is an actual villainess, and must learn to be liked on her own terms.

Description:

Alexandra Selpha was the absurdly beautiful and powerful daughter of the Prime Minister, but she was proud, emotional, and thoughtless.

Being such a woman, she repeatedly harassed any woman her fiancée was enthralled with, and as a result, her engagement was abandoned and she was married off to a king of another country.

"I will become this country's King's woman and look back at them !!"

However, the married King Alexander rarely returned to the castle; He was a person nicknamed the "King of the Wanderers" who rarely returns home and moves around the country with the world's strongest seed "Dragon" together with the Order.

Will Alexandra be able to withstand culture shocks and obtain the love of the king in perfect fashion?

A tale of growth and love is scheduled...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  2. TotesMyGoats

TotesMyGoats yeetle the teetle

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds interesting

3. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did I miss an announcement or something?
    It seems like there's a requirement or mark of honor or something that requires shoujo writers to make a villainess story, or shonen writers making a reincarnation story, or xianxia writers making a story about coughing blood and not seeing Mt. Tai.

These have been popping up lately for the last few years now.

shovel likes this.
  4. Tachi Works

Tachi Works Not a very well known member

Reading List:
    Link
    People just write in genres that are known to be popular, going "indie" and making an "original" hit isn't as easy as it seems. That's why we have vampire romance novel hypes in North America. Anyways its not uninteresting.

Chiiiiiiiii and shovel like this.
  5. Miri-Bell

Miri-Bell Semi-crazy Magic Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish they'd get over the vampire thing.

6. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this seems like quite the interesting twist to the villainess trope, hm---! i wonder whether this is a darker story, or is more light-hearted?

7. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Alexander and Alexandra, lol. But nah, sounds boring and draggy like most Japanese romance webnovels. I guess it's fine for slice of life fans (and people who liked Snow White of the Red Hair and The World is Beautiful, though as boring as those were, I reckon they're still better than this one).
    The worst thing that can happen to a romance novel, in my opinion, is an absent and disinterested male lead. I'll pass. And if it's not even in the romance category but just follows around a stupid girl who's trying to grow as a person, I'll pass anyway *yawn*. I might've outgrown that kind of plot. Sorry if I sound rude, I'm just so jaded. I hardly find anything interesting recently.