Recommendations Enjoyable reads with your not 'typical' character.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by iWH1te, Mar 23, 2019.

1. iWH1te

iWH1te Sloth Immortal under the Heavens

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm delighted by reading The Legenday Mechanic. For some, the novel is trash and does not merit such high recognition. There's many genres, but I won't dwell in that.

I would like to read some novel where the MC scams people, but a moderate extend. I enjoy how Han Xiao power grows when he 'scams people'.
    Basically, I just like the way he grew so fast in such a short period of time, I might be a little biased, but I do enjoy novels where the protagonist don't go full 'work hard' mode and lasts a millenia (800 or 1200 chapters), just to be sent to another dimension where the power level they attained is basically a normal non gifted/ without talent for cultivation teenager's strength.

tl;dr
    MC that grows fast, scams people, has followers/sect, is famous, goes undercover and messes up with big and powerful organizations and comes back unscathed. If possible, with 250 chapters translated at least or more. I'd reconsider if the novel is truly worth it.

Do comment your suggestions!

2. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    purple font is horrible for something you want people to read. I think I am speaking for most users when I say that purple doesn't have a lot of contrast with the grey background of the dark theme most people use

ISSTH fits the bill more or less I would say. The Strongest System completely fit, but he gets strong fast and it's also completely translated

3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Red Envelope Group of the Three Realms, basically everything you said and more, also many faceslapping moments, doctors getting humiliated and japanese being disgraced :blobsweat_2:
    Well, expect cultivation with harem, comedy and lots and lots of cringy moments :blobsweat:

4. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd love to recommend God Level Demon as it's exactly what u asked for. But it's only on LNMTL, so... :blobsad:

P.S. Just in case u decide to get adventurous, it's pretty easy to understand.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    Enryu022 likes this.
  5. iWH1te

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I only use light mode. I read TSS when the final chapter was uploaded. Thank you :)

6. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
  7. OverlordPotato

OverlordPotato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Long Live Summons is what you're looking for. Scammer/trickster shameless MC, with fast growth.
    Grows fast, scams people, has followers, goes undercover, screws people, makes others fight.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  8. iWH1te

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen this title crop up too many times in my recommendations feed that I can't ignore it anymore. I remember reading the first 3 to 5 chapters.
    it was an absolute worthless piece of shit novel/manga. I regretted reading.
    Now, almost a year later, this is the umpteenth time this novel has been mentioned. I went back to manga and I can't get past the second chapter. If I can't get past chapter two of the manga, what is worth reading in the novel?

love later likes this.
  9. Chiiiiiiiii

Chiiiiiiiii >Daoist Thirteen Bears< >Hero Astral Saber<

Reading List:
    Link
    I know it's a bit off from those cultivation novels, but The Legend of Sun Knight has a mc who do scams others and do many shameless things, with a major plot twist, and a strong bromance, also, it's complete.
    I can never forget how Sun kept saying to his subordinate how it's wrong to harm people and how the god of light can see everything..... only for his subordinate say that they will make sure to hide their identity and use a sac to beat people....... with was exactly what Sun wanted, he really haven't chosen a wrong subordinate :ROFLMAO:

Fulminata likes this.
  10. OverlordPotato

OverlordPotato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The starting feels pretty shit. 100+ chapters is when things get rolling. If you judge based on 2 chapters of manhua, well, it's your preference then.
    The real LLS begins after 400 something chapters in novel tbh. As for manhua, it is garbage just like most of them. Why would you even read that shit?

StuffedDuck likes this.
  11. iWH1te

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll give it a go. I've read worst novels just to make a judgement, it's unfair I dumped LLS right off the bat.

12. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    if you mean like, smart psychology or detail scam, i can't help you.
    But if you mean bullshiting until the other believes you: Ultimate Scheming System. MC grows fast, scams people (with bullshiting and misunderstandings), is famous, goes undercover and messes up with big and powerful organizations. Dont remember if he ever got in danger but last time i read he's fine. 427 chapters translated.
    Edit: maybe change the title to scamming MC? Cause i was going to recommend Lightning Empress Maid for unique mc

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  13. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
  14. The Patriarch

The Patriarch Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How the hell has anyone not mentioned A Will Eternal? That's literally what you're looking for.

15. hacknack

hacknack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link