Recommendations Equivalent to Modern/Sci-Fi Tech in Non-Modern/Sci-Fi World

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Darius Drake, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello there, I'm here with another of my "How Common Is This" Request Threads.

This time I'm looking for stories that go into details about their Technology, which is developed to levels at least equivalent to modern, if not Sci-Fi stages, without the story utilising Modern or Sci-Fi Technology. Another way to look at it is that I'm looking for stories that present their technology like Forty Millenniums of Cultivation, instead of how it's presented in I'm the Evil Lord of an Intergalactic Empire.

To specify, Forty Millenniums of Cultivation introduces, displays, and explains their technology, with details including how they differ due to the existence and propagation of Cultivation and Cultivation-Based Concepts. On the other hand, I don't want stories like I'm the Evil Lord of an Intergalactic Empire, where the technology might have some inherent magical applications and technology, but, fundamentally, we can't tell the difference between it's technology and that of a standard Sci-Fi. Star Wars is the same, though it's Fantasy Elements are less prevalent throughout the universe, and thus the technology is understandably only Sci-Fi technology (which, again, isn't what I'm looking for. Theory Tech that operates on principals not even remotely applicable to our universe, or Sci-Fi of potential futures of our universe, only).

Thank you to everyone who replies.