Recommendations Estabilished MC or history from birth

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Apns, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Apns

Apns Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, I'm looking for 2 types of novels:
    1. A novel, where MC has already estabilished reputation (good or bad), for example, he is already a king/master/general/knight/captian or something like that. I am not looking for a story telling me how he got there, but one which tells me what he does when he is actually on his position. My only requirements are: romance or romantic subplot (no BL) and reasonable balance of action/drama/slice of life (I just dont want going instantly from one fighting arc to the next one).

2. Second type is one depicting the life of the MC from the moment he was born, timeskips are fine (even preferable). The requirements are the same: romance or romantic subplot (no BL) and reasonable balance of action/drama/slice of life. Keep in mind I am not looking for pure romance, rather for something like Legend of Ling Tian.

Oh, and something that is crucial for both types: No long separations. I don't want to read typical xianxia, where the MC has a lover/dao companion, that see eachother once every 300 chapters, they nod their heads and go separate ways.

If you don't know any novels that match what i asked for, feel free to drop any of your favourite titles that match the general requirements I asked for (romance or romantic subplot (no BL) and reasonable balance of action/drama/slice of life and no long separations).

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  2. kohaichi

kohaichi [Drifting in the world of Novels]

Reading List:
    Link
    Supreme Magus
    • MC would experience more love life(but it's not harem), more like you'll witness him having his first love then it doesn't work out, then the next love...
    The Beginning After the End
    • the MCs love life here hasn't progressed yet, the two got separated 'cause of war or their duties so don't know what to expect...

3. Apns

Apns Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, thanks for the reply. I've read both of them (waiting for more new chapters). I'm looking for novels of that type mostly due to those 2 novels you recommended. Basicly you hit 100% perfectly in what im looking for, it's only a pity that i've already read both :D

The love life in Supreme Magus was actually one of the better writen romances in any action novel I've seen. The fact that he had the first love, that was not just mentioned, but it was full 'arc' and it still made his character develop was perfect. On top of that you had another more mature romence, but the situation with Solus was lingering for both. I loved it very much.

kohaichi likes this.
  4. kohaichi

kohaichi [Drifting in the world of Novels]

Reading List:
    Link
    Aww... idk anymore oh such novel 'cause romance subplot is not really my thing

Romance subplot is pretty common though but I only read few novels that have plot starting in the MC's childhood

5. DojaDoge

DojaDoge Formerly known as Ms.EliteNEET

Reading List:
    Link
    When Spring Comes
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/when-spring-comes/.
    There's a little bit of action, but it's mostly political and harem intrigue/comedy/slice of life/romance. The ML doesn't sleep with anyone but the MC, BTW. The action consists of multiple assassination attempts and a coup.

6. bigteddybear

bigteddybear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    okay okay okay back again
    conveniently these are all novels and manhwa so i think you’d be able to enjoy either or (please give the manhwa a chance~) all mls who are cool awesome swag but start rock bottom and build up, the first two mc are cunning while the 3rd is kinda and the 4th is nice (i forgot but these arent romancy related so sorry but they are so good ugh)

•omniscient readers viewpoint (!!!!!!) so good omg
    Trash of the Counts Family (also heavenly)
    •the lords coins aren’t decreasing!?
    •reformation of the deadbeat noble

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  7. JYtheGuy

JYtheGuy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does Trash of the Counts Family even have romance?

8. Apns

Apns Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. bigteddybear

bigteddybear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    um no lol i just left it as some i enjoy that are action drama adventurey im sorry :,) i thought this one who fit the established mc since birth but i forgot about the romance portion </3