Chinese Eternal Martial Sovereign

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by freemen muaddib, May 6, 2022.

1. freemen muaddib

freemen muaddib Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Eternal Martial Sovereign
    Raw Link: https://www.webnovel.com/book/不死武尊_21999609000747502
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/eternal-martial-sovereign/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: This novel is an hidden gem. Many criticized it, so it was not popular. The reason is that the first chapters are pretty much cliché and pretty boring. The MC just goes around through multiple sects and secret realms to find himself, and he always found some poisoned young lady to cure that helps him getting out of trouble. Many people get bored and stopped reading, writing bad reviews. The novel instead, became MUCH better once he leaves the Heavenly Capital and goes to the Saint Domain. It explores his past, his parents (his father is EXTREMELY important character), and road to becoming a god, which I very much enjoyed. As the novel progresses, I was constantly annoyed by the fact that he did not give much attention to his martial spirits, but came to realize from Xiao Yun himself, that martial spirits, bloodlines etc. are just auxillary things to reaching the road of a god. There are a fair balance of tournaments, arrogant masters in this part of the novel, and really like the character development of Xiao Yun himself throughout this part of the novel. This lasts about chapter 1000-1500.
    Chapter 1500-2000 gave me I Shall Seal the Heaven vibes, because this is where it really starts making Xiao Yun, "a top cultivator", like Demon Sovereign Meng Hao, Human Sovereign Lin Ming, Ancient Godly Monarch Qin Wentian. Xiao Yun exceeds the thought of bloodlines and martial spirits, and focuses on the origin of all daos (primordial) to know all the daos and become an absolute being. His journey here is less about arrogant masters, but improving through a very difficult enemy (like a Demon King threatening to destroy his world for example). I have to give the author some really credit here, his explanation of the Dao was so detailed and complex that it even made me contemplate. This latter part of the novel was a solid 5 stars and could contend with the best cultivation novels. Everybody stopped translating it, but it deserves to be translated.
    Description: Xiao Yun, a young genius who awakened a Martial Spirit, was labelled a mediocrity after his cultivation stopped advancing. However, no one knew that his Martial Spirit was the Life Martial Spirit, one of the 10 Great Martial Spirits of the ancient times.
    After being upgraded, the Life Martial Spirit is able to absorb all Heaven and Earth Essence Qi, as well as heal injuries and neutralise extreme poisons. With the Heaven-Devouring Divine Art left behind by his father, Xiao Yun integrates many more Martial Spirits for himself to use.
    A hopeless youth defies fate and washes away his humiliation, walking towards the boundless world with his Life Martial Spirit to become an eternal martial sovereign, dominating the Nine Heavens and Ten Earths!

2. laxarlev

laxarlev Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

freemen muaddib likes this.