Spoiler Even though I'm a bearish MAX daughter, I got on the bet of my fiancée

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Mikaa, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Its actually refreshing to see a follow up that in old lives before TL2 or pre-reincarnation if it wasn't the normal truck-kun, evil people APPARENTLY winning something, again, its nice to see a follow-up where MCs get justice after their deaths.
    MCs old life gets the recognition
    Current life gets her the freedom and luxury to enjoy her old specialty and a family oriented, cunning and dashing husband to boot

2. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankfully, she get some justice in her previous life.

3. SinasCola

SinasCola Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mangadex has been down for some time now
    Does anybody know where i can read the manga?

Blablasimp and ErryChu like this.
  4. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Practically any site with 'manga' in name

for ex. manga kiss, manga kakalot, manga rock (i heard it came back to life, but i didn't checked it)

5. SinasCola

Reading List:
    Link
    I have tried, either the search option is broken or it is posted under another name

Oh well ill wait untill mangadex is back from the dead

Mikaa likes this.
  6. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    B*to has a somewhat different name, sadly I don't remember it. Its probably why you have a hard time looking for it

7. MatchaLatte

MatchaLatte Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you can search up the raw title on batoto
    raw: 弱気MAX令嬢なのに、辣腕婚約者様の賭けに乗ってしまった

8. Gumiisland

Gumiisland Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anybody know if the novel is going to be translated by a group? I'm assuming it's based on a novel, though.

Blablasimp and thoughtless like this.
  9. ErryChu

ErryChu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read this on another manga site
    Try this title “
    Even though I'm a super timid noble girl, I accepted the bet from my cunning fiancee!”

kyoshijiro, lan2001h, samster and 4 others like this.
  10. SinasCola

Reading List:
    Link
    The superhero i needed, thank you!

ErryChu likes this.
  11. tamatamarin

tamatamarin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pia Palmezan was the original name but the author changed it to Pia Rockwell due to copyright(?) issues. If you read the web novel, the author did not go back and edit their original entries because they thought the confusion over Palmezan vs Rockwell was amusing.

I’m not sure this is right… I’ve been trying to figure out who the brown hair ponytail is.

The fiancée of the prince — her name is Amelia, not Erin…?? So I’m not saying her name isn’t Erin but the girl with the curls in the second shot is the prince’s fiancée named Amelia.

Rufus and Pia have a little boy named Andrew — he’s 3 years old. They are happily married and takes Andrew with them when Pia goes to excavate for fossils. Rufus ends the epilogue saying something along the lines of: “Pia, I may have won the bet, but I still lose to you Pia. I’ll bet on my pride again that I will protect you, Andrew, and this territory and make you happy.”

I really love this story so much… It’s lovely, Rufus is so lovey-dovey, and there’s not really drama, just happy fluffy feels!! I definitely plan on buying the light novels and the manga (when they are released). Let me know if anyone wants anything in particular spoiled!

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  12. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah
    Is that so, then i'm sorry for my little misunderstanding(?)

I also wondered about that, but they might be the same person, and she might just change her hairstyle(?)
    But those are only my speculations

tamatamarin likes this.
  13. samster

samster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you all for the spoilers! Rufus seems slightly sadistic, so I'm sure it'll be a fun read :blobowoevil_horns:

Grace34 likes this.
  14. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump. Has the manga been dropped? Any new spoilers?

15. tamatamarin

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t know if the manga has been dropped but I have been considering picking it up… (I have the manga raws up to 6-1. If I do it will take some time as I’ve never done this before…) Also sorry but I had a new spoiler for you guys but it seems to have deleted itself?? I have to start over :blobsob:

Here’s an small interesting fact though?
    In the web novel, Rufus’s hair is ultramarine blue, but in the manga, it is ash blond/silver. In both versions, his eyes are emerald green though!

Ah no, sorry if I came off as rude! I just got overexcited :blobcry:

In the recent chapter they introduce Erin! She is in fact not Amelia! :blobsmile: She is engaged to the red head.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  16. tamatamarin

Reading List:
    Link
    Would people prefer I work on translating (1) the manga, (2) web novel spoilers in bullet point form, or (3) web novel spoilers (MTL)?? Having a hard time deciding what to tackle first.

Chorkie, terpseachore, Tobbit and 2 others like this.
  17. raeeeda

raeeeda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    id prefer the bullet point form with a mix of mtls such as like important quotes and what not

18. Charvee

Charvee Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would love it if you went for the manga

tamatamarin likes this.
  19. tamatamarin

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for taking so long -- bear with me while I translate the stuff that's already in the manga! Going to work on Chapter 2 tomorrow!

• Setting: Graduation ceremony for Royal Academy (start at age 15, they study for 3 years)
    • Amelia Keith is known as a well reputed and wise lady, yet the crown prince points at her and says “Marquis Amelia Keith!! Today, I end my engagement with you!!”
    • Pia is being a wallflower and watching the event unfold. She holds a glass of non-alcoholic liquid, because she wants to her mind to be sharp to make quick and accurate judgements.
    • A blonde, pink eyed student (Caroline) clings to the Crown Prince, trembling and holding his sleeve. Behind them, the sons of famous families: the son of a knight division leader, the son of a medical decision leader, the son of an academy’s arithmetic teacher. They all accuse Amelia of bullying Caroline, one after another.
    • In the game, the chancellor’s son (Rufus) was there too, reading off bullet points of accusations.
    • (Rufus) “Hmm… that’s what Pia predicted.”
    • (Pia) “Kyaa!”
    • Before Pia knew it, Rufus closed the distance, plucks her glass out of her hands, and drains it in one go, licking his lips.
    • (Rufus) “Good Pia, it’s non alcoholic.”
    • (Pia) “Wha-wha-what have you done!”
    • Drinking from the same glass is not done by family or friends — it is too intimate of an act! To be blunt — in this world, it is like an act done in bed!
    • This flashy act polarizes the room from the central engagement. Rufus is dressed in a black suit, the only color in his outfit is his pocket square that matches Pia's dress.
    • Pia's and Rufus's engagement is not a secret, and although they have the permission of His Majesty the King, it may be the first time that the two of them have showed up together in public since the children's tea party at the royal palace. At that party, Pia went home early.
    • Rufus has a "so-called fine macho body" and is one head taller than Pia. He governs the vast territory where bandits appears and his sword skills cannot be overlooked.
    • Rufus brings his mouth to his ear and whispers: "As Pia predicted, His Highness (crown prince) broke his engagement, but I'm not there. Pia, the bet is my win." He laughs and kisses her forehead.
    • Pia (thoughts): ...How did this happen?

[Gonna write in Pia's POV now since it's easier]

• The winter when I was ten, I wandered between life and death with a high fever of the epidemic that spread across the royal capital.
    • In the midst of dimness, a mysterious sigh suddenly appeared in my mind, and I asked Sara, a maid who was taking care of me, "Hey... Sara... An iron car that flies like a bird in the sky... Have you ever seen it?"
    • (Sara) "Madam! Pia is saying strange things! Please hurry and call the doctor as soon as possible!"
    • If the adult Sara doesn't know, that memory isn't from here. She's not Pia, but she's definitely me... She's a pre-Pia me -- it is my previous life. Whilst sleeping, the memory of my previous life slowly, slowly is shown.
    • In my previous life, I am a graduate student in Japan, on the planet Earth, where iron cars run on the ground, fly in the sky, and carries people to the other side of the sky called the universe. A student with a serious appearance... A graduate student of the highest school in the world.
    • I was cheated on by my first boyfriend, scorned for my personality and appearance, and when I was abandoned and tattered, I was unlucky enough to encounter a convenience store robber, and was stabbed to death. The heavy content was visualized in my mind and I couldn't accept it when I was 10 years old. I lost consciousness again.
    • When I finally got my thoughts organized, accepting the past as the past, the epidemic had subsided and my fiancé came to visit me.
    • As soon as I saw the ultramarine blue hair and the still innocent, round green eyes of my fiancé, the memory of my past life resurfaced -- I could not even say hello, falling to my knees. I fainted.

• My fiancé is Rufus, a love target in the smartphone app game, "Caroline and the Rainbow-colored Magical Confectionery" which I played on the recommendation of a fellow graduate student in my previous life. I was addicted to it because I was able to play the game through without paying... I was reincarnated inside a game that was popular in the past.
    • The contents of the game is to heal the tiredness of future important people in the country with simple sweets that only the main character Caroline can make herself, and on the main route, she will choose the crown prince and become a queen.
    • In Rufus's route, he is exhausted from desk work as a Chancellor and Caroline gives him sweets. Rufus's fiancée says, "This hasn't been tasted for poison!" and throws away the sweets. Rufus gets angry and deports his fiancée, then gets married to Caroline. Every day, Caroline says "Welcome back!" and hand feeds a homemade cookie to her hardworking husband. It's a super happy end.
    • In the game, I'm the fiancée who is only a black silhouette and has no illustrations or name.
    • Even if it's bad manners to throw away sweets, it's enough reason for deportation? I can't even laugh about it.
    • Rufus is the son of the Marquis, whose family has been entrusted to produce heirs that become chancellors.
    • In the first place, a man who has a fiancée who flirts with another woman is trash! A man who has a fiancée who secretly meets up with other women is also trash!
    • My experience from my previous life and I, who is a mob character in the game, looped in my brain and I was disheartened. I also thought I was a lover (fiancée in this world), but I misunderstood. I'm an idiot. I will surely be thrown away... Surely it will happen... I'm sorry...
    • Rufus is a fiancé decided by our parents a year ago. We had tea about once a month, and even though what I felt wasn't love, a feeling of friendship was born. Around this age, I decided to support him for the rest of my life.
    • I cried and cried because I was a child. If I was destined to be hurt and thrown away, it's better to throw my feelings away now before I fall in love.
    • My father in this world, Count Palmesan (Rockwell), has no outstanding achievements, and although the territory he manages doesn't make much money, he loves his daughter. He rubbed the back of his daughter who continues to cry and comforted my scared mother. My older brother, who is five years older than me, has no desire to use his sister's marriage to get ahead in life. I was blessed with a good family. I'm glad.

• A few days later, Rufus came to visit again.
    • (Rufus) "Pia-sama... I was surprised that you collapsed the other day. You've lost weight... Is your health really okay?"
    • (Pia) "...Actually... I'm not feeling very well. It seems that the illness weakened my body and mind... I don't think I can manage the duties of the Marquis's family's as your wife anymore."
    • This feeling is not a lie. It is undoubtedly real. Before I got sick, I really thought it was a good relationship. But now that the thoughts of a twenty some year old adult are mixed, my first thought is that it is impossible for me to marry into the Marquis family. Besides... I'm not suitable for the impeccable Rufus-sama. I have nothing of worth...
    • Remembering the personality of my previous life, I am completely bearish (timid/fainthearted). Even if I wanted to feel differently, the wound is too deep.
    • (Rufus) "...Is that so?"
    • (Pia) "Yes. If it is okay with you, could Rufus-sama cancel the engagement..."
    • (Rufus) "Hmm... You are aware that our engagement is a marriage that not only involves our two families, but also the royal family, arranged in consideration of the power balance?"
    • With a cup in one hand, the sharpness of the eyes that does not seem to be the same age is swept away. I want to run away! But here is the crucial moment. I desperately squeeze out my voice: "Yes, I deeply apologize."
    • My parents have agreed to tell this story today. Seeing me leaning thin and walking flutteringly, it seems that this was impossible. If it is cancelled, it will be better for both families for it to be cancelled early.
    • As for the power balance, the same effect will be obtained if my father joins the faction of His Excellency.
    • (Rufus) "If you break your engagement with me, you may not be able to get another for the rest of your life."
    • (Pia) "I know. I am not charming enough to tie someone else to me."
    • I know it very well. Again, I remembered encountering my boyfriend and his favorite woman, put up with the pain, and forced a laugh.
    • (Rufus) "No, I didn't say that it goes that far... Then you'll be treated as a burden to the Count's family?"
    • Certainly, if my brother gets married and takes over the family, my place will be gone. But that's nothing special.
    • (Pia) "At that time, I will become a commoner and live happily. Oh, I will only the academy in the future, since my father would not budge on it, even when I begged on my knees. I may be an eyesore, but please ignore me if we pass each other."
    • (Rufus) "Hmm. I understand."
    • (Pia) "Oh, thank you!"
    • I'm glad! Rufus-sama, unexpectedly, he was an understanding person!
    • (Rufus) "You're welcome? I understand your extraordinary readiness. So then, tell me the real reason?"
    • (Pia) "Huh?"
    • (Rufus) "The moment you saw my face last time, you collapsed. At that moment, what did you realize, can you tell me? No matter what you say, don't worry?"

I plan on doing this when I have a bit more time!

20. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for finally doing this. I also hope the manga translations pull through.
    I mentioned this before but OGstory wise, this is quite a plot point. How on earth is it possible for a lone woman capable of feeding random cookies to these engaged gentlemen? Its been emphasized the cookies weren't even tested for poison. Did she just outright shove these to their mouths? How was she able to enter their offices (I assume these men could be treated as student council members at least)

Lovina, tamatamarin and magical_al00 like this.