Spoiler Everyday Life of a Dom Boyfriend

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Jul 31, 2017.

1. dustmite

dustmite On a roll

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhh okay I get what you mean now. Umm there's actually not too much angst? Because they usually talk things through and usually ends up in bed... They're just a really happy couple. A friend of Ye Qia once said that the existence of someone like Xia Zhi is a miracle.

There's a lot of cute and inappropriate moments, like I think it was during the Christmas season, when Xia Zhi really wanted to see Ye Qia cross dress, and Ye Qia kept saying no, until the day he sees a box with a note saying: If Ye Qia Santa grants me this wish, I will not have sex for 1 year half a year 1 month.
    The box contained lady clothes.
    So Ye Qia finally relents and one day comes back home while dressed up in a skirt and with makeup on. When Xia Zhi sees him, he doubles over laughing his head off because Ye Qia couldn't pull off the look. He's just too bulky. Then Ye Qia complains about how long it took to put on eyeliner and then they make out.

They adopted the baby from some orphanage place? using connections, since they didn't meet the requirements. Both of them were really happy since they wanted a family. They're good dads :D

2. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    awww thank you! <3....why does the friend think Xia Zhi is a miracle? (the mc clearly as issues with his temper >.>)

any cute moments with the baby?...like did they spoil it ///worry to much etc :X3:

3. dustmite

dustmite On a roll

Reading List:
    Link
    Xia Zhi had like 15-19 ex boyfriends before meeting Ye Qia. The reason they broke up was because he always caught the other guy having an affair. Even after experiencing so many betrayals, he still holds out hope for finding his one true lifelong love. Most people at this stage would have just given up and become cynical and distrusting, but not Xia Zhi. He's an honest and lovable guy, but missing some brain cells.
    the baby was near the end of the novel, so not much there, except Xia Zhi telling Ye Qia to not teach it too much while he's away at work. He doesn't want to miss the milestones XD

haweii, midnight reader, Ease and 3 others like this.
  4. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    did the mc ever ask the ml to quit being a dom after they got serious?

Also did the dad ever tried to hit the mc again?

5. dustmite

dustmite On a roll

Reading List:
    Link
    The dad knows Xia Zhi is beyond his control, so no.
    He doesn't ask Ye Qia to quit. He's pretty much accepted it and is fine with it. It's not like Ye Qia is cheating on him since it is his way of making money and he respects that.

6. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm: either YQ is an awkward boyfriend or he's not devoted to the relationship yet.

Since it's narrated from XZ's pov, I don't see much input from YQ's side of their life. I wonder, at what point do the readers actually get to see YQ being serious and affectionate with XZ?:blobowoevil:

dustmite, Kittsune and alexfilia like this.
  7. dustmite

dustmite On a roll

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh ho ho it's gradual. Ye Qia has his own misgivings which he's not about to let Xia Zhi know until he gets busted. So yeah, it's still early in the relationship and Ye Qia is testing the waters.

If you read carefully you can already notice some discrepancies with his behavior.

the 3rd arc? Ye Qia gets emotional when something terrible happens and really relies on Xia Zhi to bounce back
    Also includes a cute umbrella holding scene under the rain. Xia Zhi's the one holding the umbrella, and they hold hands as well. And then of course when the wind blows away the umbrella and Xia Zhi runs after it, Ye Qia rushes to the car and pretends to drive off without Xia Zhi
    edit: added to spoiler

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    haweii, midnight reader, Ease and 4 others like this.
  8. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds so cute! ....may i ask what happened to him? ....awww the car scene sounds romantic :X3:
    Does the ml cry in this arc? .....also ....is there a kiss in the rain :oops:

9. dustmite

dustmite On a roll

Reading List:
    Link
    One of his closest friends passed away, so it definitely impacted him in some way.
    Xia Zhi's job is in debt collection, so when he's doing his job and happens to see Ye Qia's friend on the list, he decided to pay a visit, but by the time he got there the friend already committed suicide. Xia Zhi is shocked and sits in the couch until Ye Qia comes, punches him out of his daze and embraces him very very hard.

10. thrynki

thrynki Epi's Kouhai

Reading List:
    Link
    This thread makes me want to get off my butt and edit :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

dustmite, LaDyViL and alexfilia like this.
  11. dustmite

dustmite On a roll

Reading List:
    Link
    Huff I'm translating~~~~there's not enough for you to edit at this rate
    Also really excited the first Chapter/Arc is ending sooooooon (8 chaps I think)

thrynki and LaDyViL like this.
  12. krrizis

krrizis Runs Ainushi, Read18 & Chaleuria

Reading List:
    Link
    Hoo~ Thanks for the lovely chapter, dustmite :D

dustmite likes this.
  13. dustmite

dustmite On a roll

Reading List:
    Link
    Some additional trivia since I'm lazing around a bit:
    -Xia Zhi is 30. Ye Qia is mid-30's (34?)
    -Ye Qia is adopted. His adoptive parents are a really sweet couple, but they don't know much about what Ye Qia's doing. They also don't know he's gay.
    -Ye Qia isn't as well-endowed as Xia Zhi expected it to be. (Xia Zhi called it a 'toothpick'. Ye Qia then shows him that size isn't all that matters.)
    -Ye Qia's nickname in the circle is His Highness/Majesty/Excellency. This came about when one of his clients was obsessed with Three Kingdoms, so he had to role-play the General or the ruler while the client role-played one of the famous advisors (like Cao Cao's advisor whathisname, etc.) Everyone thought Ye Qia fitted the role really well and so it stuck, much to Ye Qia's embarrassment.
    -All of Xia Zhi's 15 or so exes cheated on him. Sometimes he even caught them in action. (It was never Xia Zhi's fault. Ye Qia thinks the reason they all cheated on him was because Xia Zhi was too controlling or dominating, so they needed an outlet of some sort)
    -Xia Zhi is vanilla. He's not into BDSM. If you're reading this for some hot BDSM scenes, you'll probably be disappointed. This only happens once in the extras when Xia Zhi decides to fulfil Ye Qia's fantasy.
    -Ye Qia doesn't really like sex that much because it reminds him too much of his past.

14. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    so both the mc and the ml had ton of exes who cheated on them?

15. dustmite

dustmite On a roll

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, just the MC. ML is the one doing the dumping most of the time because they turned M.

midnight reader and alexfilia like this.
  16. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    o.o i get why the mc was lucky to have found the ml but what does the ml see in the mc? ...the ml could have a lot of rich boyfriends if he wanted to

17. dustmite

dustmite On a roll

Reading List:
    Link
    Major spoiler: Ye Qia's first boyfriend stole 4mill (or was it 400,000) off him, and that was back at the start of his career, so you can imagine the size of the blow to him. He's had trust issues about finances ever since. And maybe the answer will be answered in chap 5, which is coming out soon.

18. dustmite

dustmite On a roll

Reading List:
    Link
    Just gonna translate some random snippets I find cute~

" you actually fucking considered breaking up with me?" roared Xia Zhi.

"i didn't" replied ye qia calmly.

" you must have! You did! You did! If you didn't you wouldn't have said that!"

"i didn't."

" you did!"

"i really didn't."

" you did!" xia zhi paused and gave a wry smile. " but if you're willing to give me pointers(sex) I'm willing to believe you didn't."

" are you a cat in heat?"

Xia zhi got fired up and pounced toward ye qia. "I am! Come pull my tail! Meow~!"

" Fuck off."

haweii, nejvi, puu264 and 7 others like this.
  19. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Did YQ fall in love with MC?

20. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    yes he did, as time passes he fells harder for the mc (although i like YQ more cause he is cooler :D)