Spoiler Everyone is Secretly in Love with Me

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Jun 26, 2017.

1. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
  2. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    kiara8 likes this.
  3. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    MC successfully ensnared a 13, 14 yo Phoenix(?)

alexfilia likes this.
  4. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    It's hard to say with this novel, since it was originally finished, but then the author decided to overturn the original ending and rewrote something different, and as far as I know, this isn't finished yet.

I'm not sure if the author is going to stick with the original ending's setting and reveal, or if they're going to take it in a completely different direction, which determines who ML is. This is major, MAJOR spoilers about ML, MC, and the world itself, but if you're curious about what the original ending was like...
    Every love interest is ML. This entire world is an illusion that was created by ML to help MC learn to love again. Both MC and ML were gods(ish?) that lived in the upper realms, and since ML's soul was too powerful to directly enter this world, he split himself into 5 people (aka all the love interests) that act as the pillars that sustain this illusion world's existence.

Tbh, the original ending was kind of an abrupt info dump where all of this is revealed. Due to MC getting married to the phoenix (it was a promise he made in order to save the phoenix's life, and MC isn't one to go back on his word regardless of the circumstances), the two strongest love interests started fighting and the apocalypse happened, aka the illusion world broke down. MC and ML woke up in their real bodies, and for some reason MC regained his ability to love again which was glossed over and I was honestly kind of confused b/c of how abrupt it was.

This is probably why the author is rewriting the ending. So during the wedding fight, instead of this entire illusion world breaking down, there was just a fight, the wedding gets postponed, and the plot continues. It might end up being that the world isn't an illusion and it's not necessarily that all 5 of them are the same person, but it might also end up that way so it's hard to say?

In the new version, MC started dual cultivating with his master (in order to save MC's life, not b/c of romance), so my guess is that if they're not all the same person, then ML will probably be the master. The plot doesn't seem close to done yet since they're in the middle of a war, but until the author updates, there's no 100% guarantee who ML is.

In purely terms of years alive, I think the phoenix might be older, but since phoenixes age a lot slower, he looks like a little kid.

5. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you tell me who the 5 love interests are? Phoenix, master, childhood friend?

alexfilia likes this.
  6. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    There's also the king of the merpeople/seafolk (I'm not really sure how to translate the term, but they're a different race from humans and live in the seas but I don't think they have tails?) and the leader of the demons (who's the only other person as strong as MC's master).

Ozzieozz, alexfilia and kiara8 like this.
  7. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Because of the name of this novel, I expected the harem size to equal to that of Lou Binghe, but...

alexfilia and scriptor like this.
  8. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    @scriptor btw, why was the demon and master fighting?

9. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a few other characters that also "secretly" love MC, and also countless unnamed mob characters who are in love/admire/covet him, but the focus is on the 5 main love interests.

They've fought 3 times so far, and every time the reason was b/c of MC. The first two were literally to snatch MC away from the other, and last was that the demon came to crash MC's wedding, and even though MC's master was also very not happy w/ the wedding's existence, he's reluctantly accepted MC's decision. The demon's appearance was pretty much a convenient outlet for him to dump all of his anger onto, and the demons and humans are also in the middle of a war, so a fight breaking out was inevitable.

10. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh dear....... btw, I know that world is an illusion, but is there any explanation as to why the phoenix family is in the lower realm?
    And, is this
    one of the instances that the yandere side is showing? Or is it just the phoenix being a perv?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    alexfilia likes this.
  11. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the setting of the world is that there's a lot of various races, like phoenixes, dragons, merpeople/seafolk, demons, etc. It's the same as in other cultivation novels where you have to reach a certain level before you can choose to ascend, regardless of race.

The phoenix isn't really yandere? He's probably the most innocent, but all of them are extremely possessive and prone to jealousy and he's not an exception. Being jealous of food is really cute compared to some of the others tbh.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    Kittsune, alexfilia and kiara8 like this.
  12. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    \o\ Another one in my ever growing reading list /o/ thanks for the poke!

Though Kinda reluctant to read this one <.< there are five love interests... It will be hard to choose Q_Q

alexfilia and kiara8 like this.
  13. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno, haven't read this one lol. Better ask @winter-t . ^_^

kiara8 likes this.
  14. Loriel

Loriel [Aspiring Editor][Lover of BL][Pinata Smasher]

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can I read this? D:

alexfilia likes this.
  15. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Nowhere since its not tled :D...unless you can read raws or can mtl without headaches

krrizis likes this.
  16. Kittsune

Kittsune Just your everyday Lurking Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    A BL harem? Yes please. I wonder if this will get picked up someday since I cant handle MTL for my life and cant read chinese. Also if there is any other bl spoiler threads please do tag me.

alexfilia likes this.
  17. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    there are many bl threads...just look at my sig >.>

*puts @Kittsune on her tagging list*

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    Kittsune and kiara8 like this.
  18. jealisu

jealisu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reviving this thread because this novel is, at long last, being TL-ed !! (Thank you Yoo!!)

I'm assuming that the new ending that @winter-t mentioned is now complete??? I'd love some spoilers from some kind soul, because although I successfully requested for this novel to be added to MTLnovel . com, I'm kind of too overwhelmed to start MTL-ing right now.....

yoonrei and Xian-laoshi like this.
  19. Xian-laoshi

Xian-laoshi Teacher Hamsie Xian

Reading List:
    Link
    I only read this novel with MTL so forgive me if I got something wrong.
    While MC, Feng Qin, two elders, and other disciples were going back from the sea clan's territory (where he met ML number 4 which is the sea emperor), they were ambushed by demonic cultivators. To save Lin Zhizhi from a sneak attack, Feng Qin sacrificed himself, got stabbed, and died. However, he was able to create an escape path for LZ and the others. But, but, but! He also left an egg! (Phoenix doesn't die easily!)

After which, an interesting arc where LZ met the ML5 happened, lost his virginity, and so on.

So, when LZ came back (after so many events that happened), he met FQ's parents, found out that FQ's egg has no soul, and volunteered to enter the ghost realm to retrieve FQ's trapped soul. The first time he entered the ghost realm, he realized that the yellow river does not want to let FQ go, as the phoenix soul is a good nourishment. FQ sacrificed himself again to let LZ escape the chasing of the river. By his second attempt, in order to motivate the little phoenix whose consciousness is already slipping, LZ promised to marry him.

This is actually kind of hard to comprehend, as English is not my first language and reading the MTL version almost drove me semantically impaired.

Here's what I interpreted:

The MLs are still one person.

This time, when he splitted his soul, the purpose is to save the MC from his punishment of suffering through reincarnations. By the way, they are gods living in the upper realm.

The MC cannot allow the ML to shoulder his blame, therefore, he jumped to the reincarnation cycle. ML, who was freaking mad, is a powerful god (?) who can see the cause and effects of everything. In order to save his beloved from suffering, he used his power, overturned the heaven, and deviated some fates to guide the MC in the lower realm. Also, because he's so powerful, he needs to split his soul to enter the lower realm. Additionally, instead of MC, one of his souls is the one who suffered the reincarnation cycles.

All of these were revealed at the ending, when LZ killed ML5 (the demon king) and ascended.

There are discrepancies that still exist in the novel, as it was originally written to lead to the first ending (ie. unable to love LZ). However, I think this last one is better because it would really be disappointing if those great adventures are only illusions.

Dragon_Reader likes this.
  20. Kawaii Panda

Kawaii Panda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aw men, I felt sorry for the demon king.

Xian-laoshi likes this.