Recommendations Evil/villain/void of morals protagonist

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Toxicane, May 7, 2021.

1. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    He's just crazy.

2. Toxicane

Toxicane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am currently at the 60th chapter and I have to say the premise was absolutely 10/10, it almost felt like I was the protagonist doing what he was doing, in short beautifully-immersive and detailed. But unfortunately the protagonist seems to be a bit on the dumber side and doesn't at all act his mental age, he acts completely like a fifteen year old - which by the way is his biological age -, for instance: There'd always will be a dramatic incident where he falls face into his sister's butt and start blushing like a boy going through puberty. Something funny I had to add was how he got a wet dream of his fifteen year old sister( he's mentally thirty btw ) which really means something. Talking about his sister though brings me to the second major flaw which is the inconsistencies, the author seems to keep forgetting what is protagonist's relationship like with his little sister, whether it is biological or step-sister, for example on the first chapter it was mentioned in the early part that they both shared their parents feature (hair and eyes) then in the same chapter it mentioned that both of them were adopted in a different family and started knowing each other from there-on, which confused me very much and I had to double check. Overall, the early parts of the novel were pretty underwhelming which makes me wonder if the later part will be the same aswell but reading what you should about the second part I am a little willing to skim through the first world.

Then it seems like it was unnecessary of me to be worried about "The damned". Hold on, I am afraid you are talking about the [Fang yuan] from "Reverend Insanity" and not "Carefree paths of dreams".

3. Liero Dirlewanger

Liero Dirlewanger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    15 years old is quite old compared to other descriptions i've seen the author make in TWW. Anyways, Mystical Journey is an amauterish book from him, it shows great potential and creativity (the end of the first world is simply unforgettable) but sometimes it drags on for too long. Way of the Devil is where the author really shines.

4. Ordinary people

Ordinary people Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    agreed, shame webnovel drop it even tho its complete novel

5. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I edited my comment,

6. Toxicane

Reading List:
    Link
    bump and a few more evil novel I thought I would add,
    Evil samurai in a cultivation world (neutral evil)
    Magus of darkness (chaotic evil)
    I'll show you a villain(chaotic evil)
    None of them have even a miniscule shred of humanity, 2 out of three of them literally enjoys killing and torturing people while the other one is a fang yuan-alike

Lehiye and sixnein like this.
  7. Toxicane

Reading List:
    Link
    Another bump and add,
    Alien evolution system(Lawful evil), He doesn't go out of his way to hurt people but if it benefits him he will absolutely slaughter everyone to get it. He does have a sense of justice but it doesn't help in this case at all. To him kindness is consuming people and evolving. Any form of feelings that humans would call humane and necessary such as love, compassion, pity doesn't at all exist to him and he disdains them to a degree

8. Toxicane

Reading List:
    Link
    Iron Blood - ( Neutral Evil ), Protagonist is called Cain in his both life and yes this is a reincarnation novel. He was 200 years old in his previous life and reborn in a cultivation world through an infantile body. The novel is in it's early process (11 chapters only) so I can't be sure if he keeps his Fang Yuan-Like personality but with how the novel is processing I have good hopes about it.

9. Toxicane

Reading List:
    Link
    Epic of the demonic sage (Neutral Evil), an amazing novel with close to no cliche scene in it. I love how everything flows logically and swiftly. Now on to the protagonist whose character this thread is more revolved or concerned around, He is a low-born son whose parents are servant of one of the five great families, while this sentence alone might give you hints of tournament and young master cliche believe me it's not. He doesn't even stay in the world for long and that is because he betrayed and sacrificed all his comrades plus lover for power which got him into deep shit. As for his personality, it's simply apathetic. He didn't hesitate for even a moment when he was murdering/sacrificing his year long friends and lover. He wasn't fazed sympathetically even a little bit when he heard his lover sacrificed their unborn baby to kill him, rather angry at her for trying to kill him. He was angry at not at her notion of betreyal towards him but because she was a thorn in this path of sovereignty.

Lehiye and Despapa69 like this.
  10. Toxicane

Reading List:
    Link
    My journey to godhood as a caterpillar] (Chaotic Evil), most of the novels that boast evil protagonist barely has any gory scene but this novel man, I am just the first ten chapters in and he has already killed a little kid to control that kids body and go back to that boys house to eat his little sister and upgrade his cultivation. He has done much much more vile stuff by now but can't mention them due to spoile

11. Noble Ran

Noble Ran Evil Ordeal

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Toxicane

Reading List:
    Link
    I am pretty sure I read the first and last, is The Legendary Mechanic really evil? can you explain me his character in few sentence or even one single but succint sentence so I could have some idea

13. Noble Ran

Noble Ran Evil Ordeal

Reading List:
    Link
    As I said, I don't really know whether he could be considered evil or not, but personality-wise, he's a person who doesn't have a sense of justice and would stop at nothing to attain his goals, moreover, he's cunning as hell and seriously a genius in terms of business schemes and manipulation. For example, manipulating the players is day-to-day stuff for him, whereas manipulating protagonist level characters in the world is just as common.

14. MaybePotom

MaybePotom New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Author says that MC is using and manipulating others, but every good guy he manipulated never suffered from those manipulations and always got good stuff for his "help".

15. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some ppl named Warlock of the Magus World here, Leylin start neutral (with evil tendencies) and become evil, which i prefer than a straight evil without base or reason from begin (RI is an exception as Fang Yuan start the novel in his third reincarnation).

Another novel i like is Wizard World, from which Warlock of the Magus World plagiarized (some controversies here). Angele gave me a new type of evil, he was between neutral and evil in the first half of the novel and on the last half he start to dehumanize and become a kind of elder evil a la HP Lovecraft style, which is a new approach for the theme.

The Legendary Mechanic has a very evil/selfish mc, but they sell so much chinese nationalism bullshit there, that sometimes is had to perceive how Han Xiao can be a cretin.

16. Toxicane

Reading List:
    Link
    BUMP!

I'll try out wizard world

17. PeepoMrFool

PeepoMrFool Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A Sorcerer’s Journey

18. Toxicane

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Reverend Insanity 2. Soul of Negary 3. Netherils glory 4. Hells app 5. Iron Blood 6. I'll show you a villain 7. Evil cultivator 8. Mage of darkness 9. Epic of the demonic sage 10. Evil samurai in a cultivation world 11. Death sutra 12. Aliens evolution system 13. My journey to godhood as an evil cultivator 14. Rise of the vampiric empire 15. Devourer of destiny 16.The Dark Mark ---------- Some adds ---------- 17. A villain's sword is sharp 18. Apartment for Rent 19. Madness apostle 20. Rise of the worm sovereign 21. Naruto dream to immortality(an extremely small amount of poison that does not affect the story whatsoever) 22. The original seeker(A slow descent to sociopathy) 23. The immortal demon 24. Ascending the heaven as an evil god 25. Extreme Eternal Demon 26. I Am an Evil Sword 27. Ouroboros Record ~Circus of Oubeniel~ 28. Youjo Senki 29. Phantasmal Genesis 30. Warlock of the Magus World (a certain amount of poison but once which does not significantly effect the story) 31. Overlord (you know how it is)

seems to be dropped just after 50 chapters, not a big fan of those.

Lehiye likes this.
  19. Toxicane

Reading List:
    Link
  20. cmax110

cmax110 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just made an account since it seems we share an almost identical taste in evil/villain MC's, I've read most of the novels you've recommended and share very similar opinions, and am eager to try out the ones I haven't on your list. I have a couple of recommendations, but they don't quite fit your requirements, since you've listed most of the ruthless to everyone MC novels I know of, so these stories are more of 'Selfish in most cases' type.

One of my favorite ongoing series is Epic Of The Demonic Sage, but am a bit sad the author has reduced the update frequency to focus on his other novels, one of them being Rise Of The Worm Sovereign which I would recommend, you might get similar vibes to My Journey to Godhood as a Catapiller, but the MC's is by no mean anywhere near as evil. Has a similar start and premise, beast cultivation with a system, he is selfish and doesn't mind killing innocents if the benefit is right, but compared to a lot of the other evil MC's you've read, he is definitely tame.

The next one I'd recommend is Demonic Devourer's Development. This you would probably find similar to alien evolution system in terms of the characters abilities, able to evolve based on the creatures it consumes. Reincarnated after conquering hell, he has to start from scratch as a slug in the mortal realm. Very selfish but has a few people he looks out for if only for him to use or satisfy himself with. Not super clever or cunning, but still a decent read IMO, and the updates are stable and regular which is rare to find.

Darius Supreme. One of the most recent stories I've read, the dude was a super cunning billionaire, who made the whole world think he was a caring philanthropist, but in reality, was a coldhearted businessman. Reincarnated into a fantasy world with a system, chosen by some goddess to entertain her with his exploits, he can be quite clever and ruthless to others, but the people closest to him, he cares for, so not always completely void of morals.

A Rattling Monster. Read this one a while back. Probably most likely to fit the requirements. The story is completed but is on the short side, probably similar length as My Journey to Godhood as a Catapiller, and also, similarly, the MC will do anything to gain more power, as well as having a similar premise, reborn into a world as a rat (or maybe a mouse? it's been a while), has an evolution system to help him gain power, but set in a fantasy world rather than a cultivation world.

The Most Satisfied Reincarnate. I'm getting too lazy to keep writing longer reviews. Found his character similar to Leylin in WMW. Fantasy, transmigrator, system, selfish. A decent read, but updates are slow.

Is this in a particular order? Ah, also just noticed you already have rise of the worm sovereign in here already, whoops.

Lehiye likes this.