LCD Evolution Theory of the Hunter

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, May 19, 2016.

1. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    teenagers when MC got his skillbook, it's very likely that if they bumped into someone they would beath the shit out of them and you're saying people irl who aren't hunters but with bodyguards/money/power do that?

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The teenager responsible was extremely rich even before becoming a high level hunter. He would have acted even worse if he hadn't been a hunter because then the skill book would have had value for him. If there's anything we've learned about this world from this book, its that the rich can do whatever the f' the want and then use money and/or political influence to clean up the mess afterward. The richer they are, the easier it is.

And honestly, there are plenty of people like this in real life too. Unless the media gets a hold of the story and gets the public riled up, public officials are happy to take bribes or do favors for the rich and influential at the expense of the poor and powerless. An example, found in less than 3 seconds using a single Google search.

Or you could read any of the books about the financial crisis a few years back. Billions of people were hurt or killed and several countries collapsed or were brought to the brink of collapse and absolutely no one of any consequence (that I'm aware of) went to jail. What few people paid any price, only paid a nominal one that didn't even amount to a single month's profits and never had to admit that they'd done anything wrong or apologize to their victims.

Or you could look at agriculture in the U.S. where genetically engineered plants are being used to forcibly enslave American farmers to corporations (yes, this is a massive oversimplification, but I don't feel like writing a multi-page explanation).

3. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    Sad thing, If I reach Godhood, I will destroy a certain planet with stupid life forms.

4. lightnovelcafe

lightnovelcafe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol what is going on here.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that battle was anti-climatic ;)

Yeah, without proof they'll have to be very careful with how they word whatever warnings they give the hunters. Straight up saying that the Chinese are hunting them would be a basis for war without sufficient proof, possibly even with sufficient proof really.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    @lightnovelcafe Did you decide to stop posting chapters here? Just read 87, but it doesn't seem to have been added to novelupdates. Same for LM 54+.

7. lightnovelcafe

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeh...i have no time to do the manual posting on novelupdates. I barely have time to actually do translations as it is :( sorry

8. lightnovelcafe

Reading List:
    Link

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, guess I'll just have to start checking manually then. Thanks for the translations regardless :)

10. lightnovelcafe

Reading List:
    Link
    just posted it! :D

jacobpaige likes this.
  11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the dog was level 0 too? Or am I misremembering?

I wonder if he'll keep pulling ores out of the manual for the sword after seeing its first upgrade. I don't know how impressive it'll be at level 1, but I expect it will be in the upper tier of what's possible at whatever level it currently is. Though honestly, it's going to have to start surpassing the next level up before long to make it worth the cost of the ores.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think the author has ever tried to shoot a bow. If an absolute beginner can even get the arrow to leave the bow, its cause for rejoicing, especially if they can do it without hurting themselves.

Considering that its already as good as a level 4 defensive item at level 1, I think it would be worth it to go ahead and upgrade it now. It would likely be as good as a level 5-6 defensive item or a level 3-4 offensive one and has the advantages of range, maneuverability, homing and flight. Its practically its own hunting team.

Honestly, I think he should buy Kelby some gear to eat rather than relying solely on random drops. Sure it would be expensive, but it would be worth it for the abilities, unless he has a limit to the number of abilities he can retain before old abilities get overridden or something. Actually, if he doesn't have a limit of some kind, then his power balance is quite broken ;)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would the police force have access to ores?

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the bridge collapsed or if it was taken over by something or someone else.

At some point, he really should buy some equipment solely for the purposes of adding its recipe to his book.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she may have a hard time interrogating him when she looks like she wants to puke. Though I suppose she could play the good cop surrounded by bad ones ;)

16. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Government monopoly on ores was mentioned a few times, selling to manufacturing companies. Part of the triple profit they are making from it. The police might be able to effect the department actually handling it. At this new front they might receive it before shipping it back to the right place

I also agree with buying to manufacture. Though their current super fast pace of leveling up items and getting tons of loot means they have no shortage of ones to make without crashing its price. It is just profit making for them as things are, no other purpose for it. Though buying level 7, killing something, then selling back with 10% loss or something would still be cheaper since they can remake it at 50% price. As things are they keep using it until they upgrade, making profit as they like. Slowing down progression for the group as a whole since they lock money for so long.

She fits the good cop, might be one more in the group so not only bad cops around her. ^^

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, it explained in the chapter after I asked the question that the police were the ones handling the ores at the new settlement. That will likely change in the future, but for now, the settlement is simply too new for whoever normally handles it to have a presence there yet.

Yeah, if they really exploited the crafting system, they could probably all be level 6-7 by now with whatever skills they desired most. Or they could all retire and not fight anymore, which is the option I think several of them would choose, especially the archer girl and Manager Kim.

True, but its not as effective if there's more than one good cop. If there's more than one, then it feels more like a schism that the prison can drive a wedge into.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would a bunch of hunters die if they posted that? Wouldn't anyone with a brain stay away until the army came to clear them out? Or group up in massive armies of their own? I'm sure there are a few idiots that would think the MC was trying to hog the forest for himself and would run to find out why, but when none of them returned, I think people would get the hint. And the number that would die that way would likely still be less the than the number if they did nothing. Also, all those dead bodies and that one live prisoner should be all the evidence they really need, especially if they post pictures and videos of all of it alongside their warnings.

19. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is probably happening is that police(government) wants to send in their group since it is strong and they can't pull the other groups from the northern front. If they die they don't really care but they expect them to whittle down the Chinese numbers. I doubt they thought there would be 3k of them but something like 200 they could handle by hit and run tactics.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, its possible that China thinks that it would be good farm land, or that it could be a safer source of equipment for low level hunters. Of course, its also possible that they've got a clairyvoient of some kind that told them the MC was there, though probably not in so many words.