Discussion Evolution

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 369806, Aug 8, 2021.

?

Choose one

1. I believe in Darwin's natural selection evolution theory

2. I believe in modern evolution theory

3. I believe in evolution as stated by god

4. Reject humanity, return to monke

5. Other, please specify in a comment

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi there, it is me mr Popo XD

Another curious question that I have, how much do you nuffians agree with the evolution theory?
    Nuffians, youu should be familiar with such theory, you probably saw it or heard of it in some article or video like a cartoon or something, basically, it is this

To summarize and make things short, and simple, it is the idea that all creatures share a common ancestry that started in water.
    [​IMG]
    How much do you agree with such theory?

Deleted member 202210 likes this.
  2. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Completely agree. (Although I don’t plan on watching the video.) Is there anyone who doesn’t believe in evolution anymore other than the trolls and the nutcases?

FIEND and Deleted member 369806 like this.
  3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm completely on board with this theory. I mean, even today we have through atavism a recurrence of our ancestral trait in the form of humans who seem to possess only a single brain cell! :blobpeek:

4. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Reject humanity progress to silver and steel.

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  5. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    What the difference between modern and Darwin’s evolution theory?

6. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    A broadned version of Darwin's natural selection theory, by introducing the genetics to the popular theory, a more realistic concept was born XD

7. Anra7777

Reading List:
    Link
    I was also wondering this. My understanding from watching science channels is that modern scientists are finding that evolution can happen a lot faster than Darwin ever considered, even within the space of a species’ generation, but I’m not sure if that’s what Mr. Popo was considering.

8. Lemonfairy

Lemonfairy 〖Retired Old Lady ♡〗〖High Acidity ♡〗〖Lethal ♡〗

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the theory of evolution has already been established and failed to be disproven long enough to be accepted as truth in the scientific community. Are there are still people who think evolution is a lie?

9. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    No, not that XD
    It is a more refined definition and realistically more accpetable than the natural selection theory which ignores/assumes certain details to be true XD
    Here you can read it here

It was the most acceptable one to be true yes but never proven actually XD

Anra7777 likes this.
  10. Anra7777

Reading List:
    Link
    There are the nutcases who deliberately homeschool their children in order to avoid them learning about evolution, yes.

Link doesn’t work, but I believe you.

11. Lemonfairy

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, a theory doesn't need to be fully proven to be widely accepted as true.

12. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    Check again

Anra7777 likes this.
  13. Anra7777

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you. I will read this later.

14. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed, a theory needs to have a certain probability of being true to be accepted, depending on how logical and functional it is, some will assume it to be a fact while some will just reject it till a better one appears, that is what a theory is XD

15. Lemonfairy

Reading List:
    Link
    There's enough evidence for this one for it to be accepted rather than rejected though.

16. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    Relatively speaking yes but there is no mean to prove it realistically, that is why it is still a theory XD

17. Lemonfairy

Reading List:
    Link
    "In everyday use, the word "theory" often means an untested hunch, or a guess without supporting evidence.
    But for scientists, a theory has nearly the opposite meaning. A theory is a well-substantiated explanation of an aspect of the natural world that can incorporate laws, hypotheses and facts." (link to source)

See also: "Just a Theory": 7 Misused Science Words

18. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree... that there was evolution. :sweating_profusely:
    Not sure on the difference between the different types >_>

19. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    So, what does that mean? I didn't say it was hunch or something not tested, here is what I said
    from your sources, source 1
    From source 2
    You are misunderstanding your own sources @Lemonfairy, a theory in science indeed have a slight different meaning than in common language after all, a scientist can't take whatever idea and assume it to be true (otherwise any layman can claim whatever they want), it needs to be proven to work under certain conditions at least (using tests, facts, logic, etc...), that gives the theory credibility and again relatively, there are no certain 100% correct theory, if a theory in 100% correct under all conditions and situations it becomes a fact, no room for argument or further research.
    And to borrow from your sources again
    True Darwin's theory of evolution is the most popular to be true but you can't put to it test, it is one of those that is theoretically correct but can't be proven physically
    Relatively speaking this is correct, it is the most accepted to be true scientifically that is why I said it is the most popular theory amongst all evolution theories, but as I said it is not a fact that works under all situations and conditions that is why it is not a fact and still at the phase of theory
    For the sake of argument, to give an example of a scientific facts
    It is enough that you believe in some kind of evolution, while it would be good if you can tell me your definition of the evolution that you believe in but no need to worry, I just made this thread out of my curiosity, so you can stop at the point that you agree that there is an evolution XD

20. Lemonfairy

Reading List:
    Link
    From the way you phrased it, it sounded to me like you were using the colloquial definition of the word "theory" from Darwin's Theory of Evolution. The part that made me think this is when you said "that's why it is still a theory", which has the connotation that being called a "theory" somehow made it less valid. This is a pet peeve of mine so I felt the need to point it out.
    This was just included because I was too lazy to think of a better way to phrase it and the quote captured what I wanted to say perfectly. It's more of a citation than an actual source.

I'm not misunderstanding anything; I know perfectly well what a scientific theory is. I have also never said that a theory can be assumed to true just because it's called a theory, but a rigorously tested scientific theory that has withstood fervent attempts to disprove it and has a large amount of evidence to support it is generally just accepted as true. The fact that you cannot with 100% certainty prove its truth doesn't mean that it's still all up in the air and has a good chance of being false like you implied.

It's not just the "most popular" theory; the theory of evolution is overwhelmingly agreed upon by the scientific community as true. I'm also not sure we're talking about the same thing here because I'm referring to the theory of evolution as a whole, with Darwin as the first to have proposed it. Since then, new evidence and scientific findings have been added on and/or altered the theory into what it is today and this is the theory that I've been talking about, not the one in its original form when first brought up by Darwin.

Also, a "fact is an observation that is known or proved to be true whereas a theory is a system of ideas intended to explain something about a certain phenomenon". They're two different things so I don't understand why you take the fact that a theory is not a fact to mean that a theory is somehow a lot less true.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021