Feature Request Excluding Group Releases from Reading List

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Auranyte, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Auranyte

Auranyte Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was wondering if the release filtering settings could be applied to our reading lists. From time to time certain groups pick up a series that is either being worked on, or has been dropped. Unfortunately some of these groups are just trying to grab attention for their website, or their work is just very badly translated. In a few cases I swear they post a couple chapters so they can have "claim" on a series in case another group wants to pick it up. I have a couple of these style groups on my exclude list, but sadly I still see their releases on my reading list.

So is it possible for the release filtering settings to also apply to our reading lists? It doesn't have to be a default setting and can instead be opt-into. (perhaps on a list by list basis)

2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe that something like that already exists, where if multiple groups are working on a series you can ignore one of the groups.

3. Auranyte

Auranyte Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have yet to find any option of that sort. I can exclude/ignore releases on the main page (Release Filtering Settings), but those settings are not applied to my reading lists.

4. Belkar

Belkar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a feature I'd really like to see implemented.
    I have filtered out several groups that release subpar translations.
    They make massive spelling errors, their English is broken and there is barely any structure in the paragraphs or chapters.
    At best you could say they have translated most of the words and made somewhat coherent sentences out of those words.

(Truthfully, I believe that what they call 'translations' should no be allowed to show up on NU at all.
    As long as what those groups produce is acknowledged as translations and they continue their releases,
    it greatly lowers the chances of a proper translation team picking up those novels.)

"Important: All novels from these groups below will be removed on Novel Updates Main Page."

But it's a waste of time honestly, because their releases still show up in my reading lists.
    Why would I care if they are removed from the main page?
    The main page is only useful to see how many releases there are on a given day.
    For anything else the main page is useless and you're far better of using the reading lists.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  5. CawCawBird

CawCawBird Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there actually a way to implement this? Because I'd really live to have that option as well.