Question Explain The world after the fall Ending

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by disagreeable, Oct 30, 2019.

1. disagreeable

disagreeable Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished reading "The World After the Fall". Can someone please explain to me the ending. What did he see in the end? Did the nightmare girl died? What happened to the tower she made?

Xi-hime, Laerta and Alexa_11 like this.
  2. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    Bro...the book just fell off the cliff for me at the end. I have no idea what happened.

3. disagreeable

disagreeable Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was it the forest of madness? The thing about clothes and being naked? hahhaha

I finished but kind of unsatisfied with the ending. He succeed in the end but his reward is a really horrible nightmare. Still I am a bit confused as I binge read it and sleep deprived near the end

Laerta likes this.
  4. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea....after he succeeds I have no idea what's going on.

Laerta and disagreeable like this.
  5. PedoBear Version 2.0

PedoBear Version 2.0 「 Lvl. 69 Legendary Pantsu Hunter !」

Reading List:
    Link
    For obvious reason, this would include the ending part of the novel:blobamused:

Brief introduction :
    Altough it wasn't the perfect novel with the best fight scene or plots, when it comes to philosopy ...its what you can call "profound". I got hooked after having my brains fried at its prolouge. The perspective on what you can tell as the "truth" or a simple dilusion. The stone of regression which allow the "user" to "regress" but for outside perspective, it only makes you dream(nightmare) of regression... And the most confusing part is the confrontation with the demon who manage the tower.

The whole point of the novel was "truth" ,doubting the world, doubting everything. To be honest, his whole adventure or power trip or trip to opnesss, whatever you want to call it out ,was simply a plot device for the ending.

[I wanted to see the impossible story unfold. I wanted to see that impossible story become a reality. Maybe this is why I consider this novel to be within the modern fantasy genre.]

-Author’s thought on [The World After the Fall] (chapter 229)

After reading until the very last chapter, if you comes back for this chapter 229, every pieces would simply piece itself.

The power to doubt which things are true or not, the lectures on parallel worlds or what not isnt meant only for the protagonist but for the readers too.

"The nightmare of the beginning" was our reality. Its pretty obvious i know, Jaehwan's(author) adventure to slay big brother was his imagination as a kid, is that it? Nope, this is where the dilemma in the prolouge came back, our reality which states that such a thing is impossible and his adventure of Jaehwan who destroyed big brother is simply a dillusion. The whole world impose that reality, and just like in the beginning ,Jaehwan, "doubt"(his skill) our world(reality)using what he believes to be the "truth"(another skill) , his own "world"[the world after the "FALL" /this novel or his skill called "Fall"](imagination/dillusion/story/memories from parallel universe)he will "destroy" our "World"(reality)...

And omg the way i preach this kinds of stuff, the way i defend his own "world"/novel , makes me kind of resemble "the doctor"...
    Frick, i cant explain this stuff correctly, i looked like a lunatic...

Xi-hime, Rizen Lizz, Are923 and 7 others like this.
  6. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    I read it again. It's pretty out there, I get it more. But still difficult to grasp. The book is rich with imagery.

ErryChu likes this.
  7. PedoBear Version 2.0

PedoBear Version 2.0 「 Lvl. 69 Legendary Pantsu Hunter !」

Reading List:
    Link
    The point is, dont look at the ending part from the perspective of "Awakener Jaehwan who killed big brother ", think of it from the perspective of "Jaehwan, the author of The World after the fall"

Xi-hime, Laerta and Kunoa like this.
  8. Zeen67

Zeen67 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a spoiler for someone and i dont know how to hide taxt.

. The mc need the world to know the story of the world after the fall then the mc can break the world barrier and go out. So he stated to write his story(novel). All in all, thank to the nameless doctor that sacrifice his life to let the mc knows what going on.
    The ending writed base on the principle that everything in the novel actually happen in reality.so the reader will feel that everything that they read base on the true story.

ReaderReader, Sadri, Xi-hime and 2 others like this.
  9. KakoiVampire

KakoiVampire Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a couple of theories for the ending :
    ---------------------------------------------------
    In the latter part of the novel, where Jaehwan gets back in his 10 year old body and afterwards when he writes the novel because The Doctor tells him to "let more people know about his World so they believe in it"; I believe we are reading the author Jaehwan's novel so we can believe in his "World".

So what I believe is that whatever we read for ~215 chapters may just be his imagination, and maybe that's exactly what's happening in some Parallel Universe as Sakamoto theorised. And you read a novel by the character of the novel himself.
    ----------------------------------------------
    About happened in the last chapter about Sirwen, I have another theory in which whatever happened in the first ~215 chapters was not a imagination but real.

Trees were shaking — specifically their roots, trunks, and branches. They were terrified by Jaehwan who was not afraid of facing all these eyes. They wished that someone would punish that walking tree and burn it down. - Chapter 244

Here Jaehwan is described as a tree and there are more tree around him who are afraid of him. The only tree that come to mind is Tree of Imagery.
    Jaehwan realized that he himself had become one Tree of Imagery of the many out in the universe and he is probably going to destroy them too, but after that short moment of clarity in story progress comes the sudden line where The Doctor tells Jaehwan to write a novel and make people believe in him.
    From this I believe that Sirwen is inside Tree of Imagery which is Jaehwan and when he destroys all other worlds she will wake up from her sleep.
    -----------------------------------------
    I believe the first theory to be the true ending for me because if I believe that to be true than it could mean that Author Jaehwan wrote the book that I just read and his World has another believer. Just think about it - The character of the novel is himself the Author. It makes me thinks of "Ouroborus", having no definite beginning or end.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  10. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much just like the Matrix. That's the simplest analogy I could think.

Xi-hime and Laerta like this.
  11. KakoiVampire

KakoiVampire Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have recently completed 'Omniscient reader's viewpoint' which was written by the same author who wrote 'world after the fall'. If you want to truly understand world after the fall's ending then I suggest you read this.
    Good luck.

Xi-hime, Neyva and Laerta like this.
  12. newbornleaf

newbornleaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any spoiler? I just read the manhwa chapter 7. I'm curious about his party and the girl. any spoiler about that?

Laerta likes this.
  13. Kunoa

Kunoa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the girl? you mean the one he loved and died? she is irrelevant lmao ;-; also his party from the tower is just a memory for him now. I, myself have only read abt 100 chs tho.

14. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read both and though there is some overlap, these are two different universes...also twaf MC tried to kill the Omniscient readers MC.

15. Problematus

Problematus New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, Jaehwan achieved his truth and is spreading it to us while sirwen is going to reach our asses

Xi-hime and Laerta like this.
  16. Yanderelover

Yanderelover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler please?

Alexa_11 likes this.
  17. Alexa_11

Alexa_11 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pleasee somebody give me the spoilers

18. Sheddy

Sheddy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what exactly happened to his original party members? Are they alive or dead? What about earth? Is it destroyed or was it all an illusion? The guys who used the stones to go back in time, what happened to them?
    I really can't continue reading if i don't know what happened to them, it seems like the MC was going to go on another adventure after he broke through the tower so i just can't continue to read his new adventure without knowing what happen to his previous one.

Laerta likes this.
  19. gatsu80

gatsu80 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jaehwan has always been a kid with a great imagination but in his twenties he has to grow up and become a member of the society. He is the tree of imagery: his imagination made him create a fantastic, impossible world. One where he can dream and be free from the shackles of reality, from the System. But when he ends up living in his imagination, he is seen as a delusional madman. So he forgets his imaginary world, immerging himself in his daily chores, in study, military service and work. But an important part of his world, one that was special and that made him dream, is missing. He has become a withered tree like all the other adults... but then he decides to once again embrace the world of his dreams, the one that has fallen when he grew up and was confronted with the harsh reality (for example the separation of his parents). And as he embraces the world of his imagination, of the tree of imagery, that world comes back to life, resuscitating from its roots that were still left and he will be able to meet his old friends again, like Sirwen: he didn't abandon them and he will write about them. And if enough people believe in something, it will become reality (like star wars or lotr world have an influence in our lives even if they are fictional worlds). Or at least that's how I interpreted it...

Sadri, Xi-hime, Lee Zanda and 2 others like this.