Spoiler Extremely Unyielding Heavenly Wood

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Jul 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    unless you dont want to >.> .....i just saw that you like danmei a lot Q.Q

Nekura, kiara8 and SnowTime like this.
  2. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    I do, I just didn't expect I would finally be noticed and also join the list of pokes xD

3. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Not everyone wants to be poked orz ....Ussaully people tell me if they want to be on my list :D

Btw what was the cat's reaction when he found out the mc was back again?

Nekura, Novel otaku desu and kiara8 like this.
  4. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Kitty was quite happy and snuggled up. Of course, there's a reason why all he went for was a cuddle...

Going to summarize up to where I've read so far in raws:
    -I've mentioned more details in previous posts, but basically MC goes to a sect and gets instated as a true/inner disciple to this beautiful master. He doesn't know it, but his master is actually his cat (his cat's a magical beast and was able to take human form after cultivating for so long).
    -Kitty switches forms a lot. He cuddles with MC and spends time with him in cat form. MC is just relieved his kitty didn't get bullied into a blood contract while he was gone. As the master (in human form), the cat is cold and unapproachable. He does give MC the support to cultivate and stand in the sect in a position of power, though.
    -Blah blah blah, MC trains and refines things to make money. He also spends time cuddling with kitty. And mooning after that hot master of his. Did I tell you he kisses up to both of them with pretty gifts? And good food, since he's a decent cook? XDDD
    -MC is actually a genius in his own right. His cultivation is just lacking because this is a new body with no cultivation base whatsoever (so he has to build it up). Most of his powers are fire-based since that what he works with and is best with because of his refining. By the way, kitty has ice spiritual roots. This is unusual because you see more water spiritual roots. Plus, ice is better for fighting or clawing.
    -there's a point at which MC goes with kitty to the auction to purchase things. Kitty is very sad seeing a fellow magical beast (white leopard?) getting auctioned off (in this world, magical beasts are highly sought after but also get treated like slaves :/). MC tries to comfort kitty by telling him he won't ever force kitty into a blood contract. (before he died, MC still hadn't formed a blood contract with kitty for this reason. He didn't want to push the kitty and was waiting for his green light)
    -some stuff happens, kitty is revealed and OF COURSE a bunch of douchebag cultivators decide they want this unbound magical beast.
    -MC tries to fight him off but his cultivation's still weak -- he only JUST started cultivating in this body. Even if he's a genius that's going to hold true for a while. Then kitty runs off during the fight, transforms into the master, then comes and saves the day except he's still weak. (think some alchemist guy fed him a pill that affects his spiritual power) He only conks out after everything's done and MC takes him back. Oh, and he made the other side give up the poor auctioned magical beast.
    -Um. Turns out that MC did have some idea who kitty/master is... because while master is unconscious and fidgety, he holds him and soothes, 'Xiao Zhua, I'm here, it's okay...'
    -We find out that MC was suspicious from the start. Magical beasts have stronger souls than regular people -- he hypothesized that that was why he managed to keep his own soul intact so long. There's pretty much no other way (or no way that fit with his situation). Basically, kitty was protecting his soul. And then there was the hair. Magical beasts when in human form tend to have hair the same color as their fur. Kitty has white fur, and his master ALSO has white hair. Then there were some other factors and he figured it out...

Going to continue after I read moar~

Edit: Forgot to add. Kitty also hides his identity further (while in human form) by using his power to change his hair and eye color to the usual human coloring (black hair, brown eyes I assume). While he was unconscious and all (aside from being clingy to MC as he usually was as a cat), he also didn't have the energy and forgot to keep up his disguise.

5. Kittsune

Kittsune Just your everyday Lurking Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    Gasp! Seme MC now thats a rarity for a second there i thought it was gonna be the cat being the seme and it was a tiger hidden behind cat clothing but i dig Seme MC (y)(y)

readerz, Nekura and scriptor like this.
  6. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    readerz and scriptor like this.
  7. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Continuing summary:
    -when master wakes up, MC admits to him that he knows he's the kitty. Then kitty gets offended and kicks him out of the room. LOL
    -Blah blah more stuff. We also find out that the kitty split part of his soul to protect the MC. That's the 'protective energy' and it comes at great cost to kitty's own soul.
    -finding this out, MC secretly plans to refine something to fix this situation. He also plans on getting his original refined 'masterpiece' back, the one that everyone all over was chasing him for back then. Of course, because of the heavy usage before he died and because he had to run before actually completing it, it's just a beaten-up and unusable artifact now.
    -MC is poor. Not even kitty master's money can help him. He decides to go out and 'gain experience.' Kitty comes along with him in cat form. By the way, it turns out a couple of his fellow disciples under 'master' are also magical beasts in human form. They were rescued by kitty. They were uneasy around MC at first despite kitty trusting him, but then MC drew back his power slightly and let them see he had a wood body. So he's sorta like them and 'unorthodox.'
    -kitty (cat form) cuddles with him on the way to destination. One of the 'disciples' sees this and has to turn his head away. Waaaaay too intimate lol.
    -destination is this old monster (well, he's technically this OP elder). MC makes a deal with him -- MC will craft this OP weapon for him while OP elder will help MC get some materials and his original masterpiece that he's too poor to buy. They're working based on a 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' reasoning.
    -everything works out with some hiccups. During the auction, something weird happens and the auction lady turned into her magical beast form. Then MC and bunch have to hurry up and run away before kitty turns to his beast form too. There's obviously someone pulling the strings here against magical beasts...
    -MC fixes & completes his masterpiece and even manages to imbue it with a soul/consciousness (this is legendary and few if any refiners have ever managed this). But it's sort of bratty lol... His buddies were all thinking, 'what a waste.' XDDD
    -his masterpiece can change form freely depending on what he wants.
    -MC & kitty go back to the sect for a bit. They also rescued this fox magical beast. MC is still working on fixing kitty's soul and fox (he was rescued from the auction too?) has a solution. MC and fox trade off - fox has info and MC will help train him and help him find his lost sister. Away from them and hidden, kitty is watching their conversation.
    -meanwhile, MC has been getting bolder and bolder in taking liberties with his kitty. LOL. Goes for a mouth kiss even when kitty is in cat form (gets slap/scratch to the face), hugs shamelessly (slap/scratch again plus storming off), sneaks into kitty's bed and next morning says he can't fall asleep otherwise (slap/scratch), and so on. I think you can see the pattern. XDDD
    -MC is so obsessed with refining (he finally got his hands on the method to fix kitty's soul), that kitty feels ignored. ):
    -kitty is sad because MC paid him a lot more attention in the past and thought that MC didn't really care anymore... he wanted to get rid of the pendant thingy MC was refining but MC had a very strong NO reaction. Of course MC's worried, this is supposed to help with the kitty's soul. Then kitty runs away... some of the other magical beasts (and his masterpiece) slink by and tell him yup, bro, that was a mistake. Go clear it up.
    -MC of course already knows what to do. He dashes out to find kitty and kitty (in human form; been like this a while since they're at sect) is having another painful spasm because of the soul problem. MC immediately holds the collapsed kitty in his arms and after a moment he can't resist and starts kissing him. Then he can't stop. Then he realizes: wow, I really like kitty. Never mind the issue of kitty being a cat and the whole master-disciple relationship being taboo. They kiss some more, kitty recovers a little (since MC has the other missing chunk of his soul, this, er, 'union' is kinda helpful). Then kitty recovers and what does he do? Hold up his hand and claw/scratch MC again... LOL
    -later MC brings the pendant to kitty and explains that he was refining for ten days straight because he wanted to make this for kitty. Kitty is facedown in his pillow and tries to act uncaring, but his ears turn red. He tells MC to leave but MC just hugs him with the excuse that he's tired from refining for ten days straight. Perfect opportunity for them to BOTH sleep. XD
    -apparently one option is dual cultivation (yeah, THAT) to help kitty's soul recover, but MC is hesitant for obvious reasons. It'd affect their relationship.
    -it's revealed that kitty is actual a super magical beast. Among magical beasts, the most super ones are those for the 4 cardinal directions. Kitty is the White Tiger.
    -the brother fox later finds his sister (by smell). He and the MC come up with this plan -- fox runs away wild (unbound) and MC chases after with another sect disciple, they run to location and make a deal with people for MC to give away a fox cub if the male & female foxes mate. Not that MC's going to do that lol, it's just an excuse so he can take both away.
    -MC and kitty finally confess! Well, it's mostly MC confessing. He tells him he doesn't care about all the magical beast or male or etc. issues, he just really likes him. Kitty also lays down his terms -- he's not a woman, he's not going to be in a blood contract (MC accepts this, he just wants to be with kitty anyway), he's not going to accept a harem. MC is all 'what harem?' and the jealous kitty brings up a list of famous beauties who used to trail after MC. MC's reaction: 'whut? who are those people?' Because he is such a refining nerd that even if 10 beauties were presented in front of him, he wouldn't notice. And he doesn't really remember people anyway. LOL. So kitty is able to lay down his jealousy~ And they kiss and stuff~
    -at the big sect meeting (3 big sects), MC and kitty notice one famous refining master -- this guy used to study under MC but on his wrists are storage bracelets that used to belong to MC and kitty. They know he's definitely one of the people who betrayed them (and led MC to his death).
    -MC is entered in the refining competition. Everyone's super nervous, he's the only one casually whittling away at stuff and planning to make a rocking chair for kitty's human form and a cat things for when kitty wants to be in kitty form...
    -His final creation that he submitted (running late, he overslept), was this exquisite little crystal palace. It's a space instrument though -- can be shrunken/expanded/stored, whatever. Completely multipurpose. He intended it to be a 'cat nest' for kitty though... ROFL
    -he throws it out and it expands. People finally realize this is the long-lost art of creating an... IMMORTAL PALACE. So much face-slapping going on ahahahaha~ (esp. to the betrayer guy also in the competition)
    -before people get their grubby hands all over it while touching, MC takes it back with the excuse that it's an 'unstable' creation. Of course, people want to buy it but MC says nope, he's not selling it because he's gifting it to kitty master. And he does it right there in front of everyone and they can't complain at all~

More later, this is taking so long lol.

8. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    See continued summary I posted earlier~

:3

readerz and kiara8 like this.
  9. lalalyly

lalalyly Digging translating pits and jumping into them.

Reading List:
    Link
    This sounds really cute. I'm going to add it to my reading list after I finish translating another chapter of something else!

10. Luen

Luen One Who Silences The TMI Onigiri Kitty

Reading List:
    Link
    *glomps chubby unicorn* why u do this to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee????? mah face right now:
    [​IMG]
    thanks for poking me alex (y) the long awaited seme MC with good plotline that ive been waiting 4ever for :blobpopcorn:

Nekura, alexfilia, kiara8 and 2 others like this.
  11. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers!

I would like to ask though, is the tone actually serious or not? Does it read like a real Xianxia like Legendary Master's Wife or more like Scum Villain which is very funny?

Raizendeville, Nekura and kiara8 like this.
  12. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Continuing summary:
    -the betrayer guy gets suspicious about MC's identity. He arranges a meeting for him and plans to finish him off
    -of course, MC never shows. MC knows it's a trap. Instead, he helps kitty master take a bath and snuggles with him in bed. XDDD
    -betrayer guy tries to provoke MC but it backfires. Now everyone thinks that betrayer guy is jelly because MC's so hot and wants to get into his pants. XDDD
    -during the competition (apparently betrayer is now a father) with son, betrayer tries to off MC. Kitty master steps in but his soul's still wounded and ends up coughing blood. MC is completely pissed now and everything's fair game now. He takes out his masterpiece weapon and starts laying the pain on like crazy while running away so he can take kitty away to safety.
    -in the crystal palace MC made, MC tries to heal kitty. Kitty's soul is scattering though... O.O
    -MC has to resort to the dual cultivation method because otherwise kitty's going to be lost forever. But he does make things clear to kitty before he does it and gives him the choice. He won't force kitty if he doesn't want to do it with him. But kitty's okay with it (plus no matter how MC tries, there's really no other way) and they do it.
    -part of healing process is that kitty can't use his spiritual power and has to be like a regular human until it heals. MC is... cockblocked. XD
    -they come across the fox sister and brother (they'd run away during the competition going nuts) and they're being chased down by people. MC saves them and brings them into the palace to see kitty. MC falls unconscious soon after -- he'd advanced a realm (?) in cultivation the night before but he wasn't paying attention and so his cultivation's going haywire since he didn't stabilize it. He gets qi deviation but kitty helps bring him out of it (apparently this is a major reason why all magical beasts are in hot demand) and they, err, sorta have sex while they're at it I think... MC is shameless after waking up sane and wants some more~ But gets smacked. XD
    -the fox kids reunite with their clan of foxes. All the foxes are scared to death because kitty's superior bloodline suppresses them.
    -while cuddling, there's a hilarious moment in which kitty wonders when MC became a dog. MC is obsessed with rubbing his scent all over him even though he's a tree/wood. XD
    -they take the fox kids under their wing since they want to come with them
    -they meet up with the other magical beasts, then blah blah some domestic fluff. They also waffle a little over whether MC should reveal his real identity (high chance of getting others to come after him for various reasons).
    -they go to MC's old stronghold (demon palace?) under disguise. While he was gone, people tried to break in of course. There are still people trying to break in. MC can go through it despite traps and things because it's his lol. There's a cute moment when he says to kitty 'we're home.' And kitty thinks that he's never gone to this place in the past because there was no point when MC was gone...
    -Some more domestic fluff as settle down and, er, 'cultivate' some more.
    -MC goes through like the worst tribulation ever. His is the regular one + 1 more killer lightning strike. Kitty is worried and tries to block it for him. There's a tense moment, then it turns out the masterpiece weapon turned into an umbrella and blocked it, while complaining about getting electrocuted to death. LOL
    -very feels-laden moment in which MC and kitty hug each other tightly, they almost lost each other again
    -the masterpiece weapon starts to poke fun at him until MC reminds him that if he corks out, so does the weapon. XD
    -because of all the lightning, everyone with them know who MC is and everyone outside knows he's back. Well, for the bunch outside they assume he was back, saw the 10 lightning strikes, then thought 'welp, he's dead again.' Afterwards word gets out though.
    -MC's place is staffed again, etc. More fluff, MC plans to marry kitty~
    -some angst as kitty refuses MC for a while and MC wants to know why. MC is sad because as he tells kitty, he gives kitty the best of everything because he wants kitty to stay with him... then kitty admits he's refusing MC for his own good, since kitty has a limited lifespan. MC really steps up to the plate. He says he doesn't care and is willing to have him for as long as he can, and intends to enter the grave with him when the time comes. So they make up and everything's good again.
    -they meet the Blue Dragon, who is kitty's senior. A bunch of cultivator's try to gatecrash the magical beast haven but MC and kitty go out and dish them up.
    -kitty's limited lifespan can be solved, but it involves making this impossible object (space-time). Being the refining nerd he is, MC quickly gets an idea of how to do it and starts refining.
    -Blue Dragon was separated from his lover too -- the Crimson Bird. They get reunited.

Extras:
    -kitty becomes Immortal (becoming Immortal = immediately going to higher plane). MC was super obsessive about crossing over at the same time, even suppressing his own cultivation, but it doesn't work lol. Kitty went up during the night and MC has to go look for him again.
    -MC finds kitty again. All the 4 directions magical beasts have their HQ after ascending to higher realm. MC has to face off against kitty's grandpa. XD
    -more on Blue Dragon and Crimson Bird.
    -MC is dirt poor again in this new realm. Plus he can't craft low-level stuff, people are only interested in high-level stuff. But that requires high-quality ingredients he can't afford. So he takes odd-jobs liking selling street food, etc. Finally he finds a low-level job that he can use refining for! But his struggle continues because it's not enough to support the kitty. XDDD
    -MC and kitty have to sneak their relationship behind doors. MC is, funnily enough, still working odd jobs. He comes up with a way to make Grandpa accept his and kitty's relationship: say he has to take responsibility for making him pregnant. ROFL and this excuse actually works with grandpa. Later he tells kitty and kitty says, what are you going to do (because he can't get pregnant lol). Then he says very seriously that they just have to work at it. Then he gets scratched. XDDD

The end!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  13. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    The tone is mostly fluffy and slightly funny. It's not as focused on humor as Scum Villain though there are funny moments. I'd say it's more like Legendary Master's Wife.

14. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! Yeah, I thought so. (y) This seems to be popular in China.

scriptor likes this.
  15. Kittsune

Kittsune Just your everyday Lurking Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg I just mentioned the kitty being a tiger in cat clothings except he being seme and turns out he really was a tiger in cat clothing. :eek::eek: sad part is he still uke but its okay MC is the perfect shameless seme so i take it:X3::X3:

16. Nekura

Nekura [A Troll Who Never Trolls] xD

Reading List:
    Link
    It's rare for me to see MC as the gong(seme?) xD
    Oh yass. Possible lewd(?) scenes?:cautious:
    "Danmei Obsession":rolleyes:

Shizun likes this.
  17. Nekura

Nekura [A Troll Who Never Trolls] xD

Reading List:
    Link
    So cute~~:X3:
    All the more to dig in.:cookie:
    Kitty likes his cat form more. So all the time I'm picturing MC French kissing and gropes kitty who is in white tiger form?:confused:
    Hahaha,:ROFLMAO:
    MC trying to french kiss a tiger?!:eek:o_O

:X3: thank you for the summary!(y)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    readerz, Kittsune and scriptor like this.
  18. K-ralara

K-ralara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How many chapters does this novel have? (chapter length secondary concern *laughs*)

19. Raizendeville

Raizendeville [The Idle Lord] (눈_눈)| [Piñata Infantry Commander]

Reading List:
    Link

Thanks for this.. XD
    Hahaha, my brainpower is not up for MTLing...

20. Raizendeville

Raizendeville [The Idle Lord] (눈_눈)| [Piñata Infantry Commander]

Reading List:
    Link
    I say this is really full of fluff.. ;)

scriptor likes this.