Discussion Extroverted IRL but Introverted Online

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lament, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Only on a few. There is still the power of space
    : p

Some emoji are surrounded in colons like :cookie:
    Code:
    :cookie:

Arexio likes this.
  2. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    RAIJUU EXPLODE!!

Milanin likes this.
  3. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    to be fair, a large portion of the people you meet online in games (or more specifically PUGs, randoms, or solo players) are either incompetent liabilities, obnoxious open mic assholes, or solo wallflowers you probably wouldn't even notice if they weren't killing the stuff around you, even more-so when playing pvp oriented games. people get REALLY bent out shape if someone breaks their meta, new or not, and it's currently the "in thing" to be a vocal cunt about how horrible you are for not being/doing like they want. the amount of likable people you'll find in such groups, and stay in contact with, is negligible, at best.

my advice is to just try guild hopping for a bit and find a decent casual guild (note: laid back, not dying with zero motivation to do anything). pvp games tend to be over competitive, so avoid those, and progression guilds with a hyper focus on raids/endgame probably won't suit you either, but there's still plenty of other guilds out there that're just fun to be in. if they aren't fun, just leave and try a different one. an online game community can't really be compared to real life. IRL, you wanna talk to someone, odds are your presence alone is enough to tell people you exist, much less once you start to actually say something. in a game, some people may not even realize you exist because they keep chat off. it's really easy to ignore people, or there's plenty of things to do that're distracting to occupy their time. if your goal is to socialize, trying to talk to random people that just meet up for 5 min at a time and move on with their lives isn't the right place for it. that's what guilds are for.

Arexio and lament like this.
  4. Donutmindme

Donutmindme [dounut][Zodiac:Golden snake][PROcrastinator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess I’m both? I really talking to ppl online. I do have have one online relationship that last two years and still going. I kinda gave on online relationships it kinda hard, I guess.

As for IRL I’m an introvert more often. But, I still talk to ppl. I don’t have any friends and talk with classmates. Idk if I can consider some of them my friends...I love talking to them and ppl in general. The conversations we have a great.

lament likes this.
  5. Atanaxia Evatriae

Atanaxia Evatriae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Introvert all the way, man. ALL THE WAY. TO FUGGIN introvert TOWN. No, but seriously. I can express myself quite clearly in text (like what I'm doing right now, not texting... friends...) whenever I want to because of reading tons of novels, listening to some great podcasts, and watching a lot of respectable Youtubers, but even on NUF— which I've always had at my fingertips because of regularly using NU for my novel fix— I rarely reply to any thread, and my last post was MONTHS ago. I guess that's because I've never ever been big on any type of social media because of my laziness, whether it be Facebook or forums where people with the same interests as I regularly talk on. And IRL? I don't really know which spectrum I fall on. I know that I don't actively seek out anyone like, at all, but I also know that I'm not really opposed to any type of social interaction (save for religious interactions, since I don't really know what to think about that subject still, and the delinquent interactions, for obvious reasons). So I guess I just fall more into the introvert side, just as I said in the beginning.:blobawkward:

lament and ShadowFish like this.
  6. orematcha

orematcha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More of an introvert for me, both IRL and online. I prefer to be alone and enjoy my reading, but playing games in NUF was quite fun.

7. Deleted member 79325

Deleted member 79325 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Me. I'm an introvert both ill and online. Have at times tried doing the friending someone online but I just don't have the charm. :ROFLMAO:

8. lament

lament Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahahah hmmmmm who says I’m not?

Wujigege likes this.
  9. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say I'm a pretty friendly guy, both on and offline. But whenever people (online or offline) try to connect with me or get intimate, I tend to back away. The idea of it all just makes me feel extremely uncomfortable. I don't know why.

lament, ohko and Deleted member 79325 like this.
  10. RottenApple

RottenApple Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Samee

11. ORoger

ORoger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just saying, but when you ask people to describe themselves, you rarely get the truth.

12. Living Dream

Living Dream Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Complete opposite, well actually maybe not. Irl im ambivert or something