f2p friendly game with character customization

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Kumo723, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know any f2p friendly games with good anime style character customization? (the aesthetics of the game has to be Asian) I don't mind spending some money but I definitely don't want those that are dominated by p2w, especially those where it's hard to get good outfits.

2. Cnine

Cnine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    king's raid

3. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Phantasy Star Online 2
    It is getting an update soon that will overhaul the graphics and make it open world. The game is free to play, though you purchase convivence things typical of all Asian games, like character slots, inventory space. As well as cosmetic items, though you can also get them through grinding and luck. The combat is action oriented with a pretty fun timed combo system, but some classes are definitely harder to master than others. Also it is PvE only, there is zero PvP element in the game.

4. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    is there f2p friendly character customization? it doesn't look like it has tho, the pictures online looks similar to fates go mechanics

i have a big requirement on cosmetic items, are they free? or it's irl most of the time. I dont want to play a game like roblox (my brother's probably always wondering i never play "a great game like roblox," cuz all the cosmetics item require irl money)

also I have a mac.... is that game pc and windows only? a lot of games i've encounter is. also i'm not smart enough to know how to use boot camp

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2021
  5. Weiyuexuan

Weiyuexuan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What kind of character costumization u want? Change hairstyle? Change outfit or change them like whatever u like?
    If the first one, i play laplace m, second one is alchemia story, this one more option to choose for char visual

6. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry dude windows game only, if you wanna play you'll have to figure out boot camp.

7. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    PSO2 cosmetics are primarily MTX, but can be traded in game for regular currency, and are. There are, honestly, better MMOs out there, but if you're looking for "anime style with lots of cosmetics and character customization," you won't find any in that particular niche. The next runner up would probably be FFXIV, and that's not even F2P. Maybe a game like Mabinogi?

Nein. PSO2 is also on Xbox, and IIRC it's crossplay.

I think we might see a Switch port, too?

.... Here, have some random PSO2 shots from reddit:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    Deleted member 38284 likes this.
  8. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    I say play Phantasy Star Online 2 while you wait for Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis.

PSO2: New Genesis is coming out this year. it's basically Phantasy Star Online 2 expansion pack that plays like different game.

Though you still can wait till New Genesis came out. You might want to try playing original PSO2 first to get the feel of the gameplay since the controls and gameplay isn't that much different. Also, you can get a slight advantage when you started playing New Genesis since some items in original PSO2 is transferrable to the New Genesis.

9. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    change whatever u like . doesn't have to be sims level but i want to be able to change the hair and clothing

what's mtx?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2021
  10. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Genshin

Heard about it so don't know if it's good or not

11. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    expansion pack? os PSO2 like sims where u make one big purchase and everything after that is free? i'm fine with that too

that doesn't have character customization. i'm very independent minded, i do not like other ppl's ideas most of the time. which is why i never do fan arts but draw my own OCs, so i like character customization.

12. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Microtransaction. Cash money. $$$.

PSO2 is F2P (Free-to-play) with optional purchases in game, usually cosmetics, sometimes items that are used for in-game crafting mechanics. As previously stated, you can trade for these things among other players (there's a market board), and don't necessarily have to spend a dime on the game.

It's not ideal, I suppose, but you want anime style character customization. It has it.

[​IMG]

13. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    like irl money? i dont want to cash in in everytime i buy an outfit. I'm fine with spending but not to an extreme or constant level

also trading would be hard for a new player cuz i'm new and i have zero valuables. Trading gives me a headache, the only time i've ever traded was AJ cuz I've played long enough

14. LivingCorpse

Reading List:
    Link
    PSO2: New Genesis is basically a new game, but it uses the same launcher as PSO2 and both game is linked and both is free. So basically you can go from one game to the other via some kind of a gate in-game without exiting the game. Provided that you have both game installed.

15. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    I've said this twice now, so this'll be the last time. Yes, a lot of outfits cost irl money. You do not have to pay for them that way - you can buy them from other players with in game currency. Like, gold. You're familiar with gold?

:blobunsure:

16. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm probably gonna get a new laptop (since TS4 legacy ver. doesn't have updates) but I play anime style games cuz i want character customization. I'm a very visual needy player.

17. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Even more intertwined than that, since you can use the same character for both. Same equipment, in some cases! They really tried to make both a new game and an expansion in one with this...

18. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, i was just trying to make sure.

19. LivingCorpse

Reading List:
    Link
    This as well ^

20. Mangikop

Mangikop Observer from the Fourth Wall

Reading List:
    Link
    Toram online;
    -You can costumize looks, (hair, height, eyes)
    - equipment can change your avatar, all equipment can affect the looks except accessories. In collab events, you can get limited anime costumes like Rem's (from re:zero) maid uniform.
    - No class system, just skills
    - You can distribute stats, you can even costumize stats for the euipments
    - No autoplay
    - There's no price restriction in auction, you can buy low and sell high.

This game has the highest degree of freedom among mobile mmos I know.