f2p friendly game with character customization

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Kumo723, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    i'll check that game out ^^

also the cosmetics r f2p friendly right?

2. Mangikop

Mangikop Observer from the Fourth Wall

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the equipment themselves have cosmetic effects and you can farm them from mobs, events, buy them from other players or make them. You can even dye them or transfer their original looks to another equipment.

There are are in-app purchases for other costumes, but the regular equips would not lose in uniqueness I think.

3. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    I can also vouch for this game character customization as well. Perhaps even better than a lot of anime styled MMOs and PC not as much as PSO2 though.

It's very grindy though, unless you play meta or play with party it will take forever to level up once you hit mid 100s level range. Since I don't play Meta or have any friend to party with I been stuck at level 150s for a year.

The story quest usually gives enough exp to level up but doing only story quest might make your level lag behind the recommended level for new areas.
    They used to give premium currency like rain when I play. Now I have more costume than I need without paying a cent. I don't know about recently though, haven't played a while. There's other way to get costume with avatar tickets, but those usually are from event rewards or maintenance compensation.

Even without costume regular equipments all have unique appearance so you can still customize your outfit without using premium currency.

4. Mr. Meh Man

Mr. Meh Man Subtly suggests yuri

Reading List:
    Link
    Pokemon GO is technically anime, and you can do almost everything for free, and you can get like $0.50 worth of coins a day, so it'll usually take a 3-4 days to get a new piece of the premium clothing. Or you can use the coins for other items.

5. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    just downloaded it

6. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    i used to like pokemon go, than i found out u have to physically be on the move.... i cant drive. learning but not progressing much

7. LivingCorpse

Reading List:
    Link
    Neat.

One tip though.
    When assigning stats, always min max in this game. Spreading your stats is a sure way to get a cripple. I learned that the hard way.

What stats to min max depends on your weapon of choice and play style. This game has no class system. What role you play depends on which weapon you use and which skills you learn.

8. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    whats min max?

9. LivingCorpse

Reading List:
    Link
    It's an RPG term.
    Basically putting your status point in one or two stats like Strength and Vitality or only all on Strength, Magic, etc and not putting any point on anything else.

10. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    ah ok

i'm thinking about choosing katana, is it a ok or good choice for a new player like me?

11. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    ok i dont get it. how do i fight in the game lol?

12. LivingCorpse

Reading List:
    Link
    katana huh, I never made character with katana before. I think katana is for those who already kind of familiar with the game but I'm not going to tell you not to choose it. It's fun learning how to play and it's not like you can't make new character if you screw up.
    For katana I suggest focusing your stat on either DEX or STR or both
    it's a game where if you tap an enemy you'll auto-attack kind of game where you also must occasionally dodge and use skill.
    the dodging part is easy early on but as you go to higher level areas the dodging part become more intense since some bosses can and will one hit kill you.

13. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    but the attacks are super slow tho? the character pauses for a few sec than hit. sorry i'm not used to this. I'm more used to traditional fighting style where the hit button is on ur right thumb/finger

14. LivingCorpse

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes the normal attack is automatic. Once you tap a target or press the red "Action" button your character will automatically target the nearest enemy and will automatically perform "Normal Attack" according to set interval.

The set interval is calculated based on stat called "ASPD" on your character. The higher it is the faster the interval of your "Normal Attack" but most people don't rely on Normal Attack to deal damage, they usually only use them to recover mp and doing something called "Proration" which is another complicated subject. To do serious damage you use skill, which can be set to shortcut in the skill menu. But since you are new you probably didn't put any skill point to any skill yet.

15. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is the age of the game important ?

tried perfect world for a while - never really got me
    guildwars 2
    blade&souls
    FF XIV
    Albion online
    runescape
    Aion
    archeage
    wildstar
    maplestory
    vindictus
    runes of magic
    metin 2
    linage 2
    revelation online
    TERA
    genshin impact
    _______
    RIFT
    SW TOR
    Skyforge
    WoW
    for comic but not anime look

16. Mangikop

Mangikop Observer from the Fourth Wall

Reading List:
    Link
    You can play around any class you want for the first character, but you would want to get a mage as soon as possible. Get to level 75, then get the storm skill to make you farm faster.

If you want to get rich, have a capital of atleast 50,000 spina, then trade in Nightmare crystal. It is usually high in demand, just get a couple stack for a low price then resell them at higher price in the board. I got to 2 million spina doing this everyday without fighting lol.

I dont know now though, I don't play the game anymore.

17. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    nope and it doesn't have to be rpg either, also, genshin impact doesn't have character creation (that custom word is too long) i dont want skin type cosmetics. I'm a person who rarely like other people's ideas when it comes to character appearances

18. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a bit confused why you'd specifically want f2p games if you don't mind spending some money. Why not just get a good game on a great sale?

In case you might be interested in such games, you may want to check out code vein. It goes on pretty good sales these days and the anime style customization is pretty good.

19. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well wouldnt be most games be f2p anyway ?

thinking about the last years subscription games games had been
    WoW
    RIFT
    ESO
    Blackdesert

RIFT went f2p and i think ESO too
    for most companies 15$ a month isnt enough or their servers are so empty that it turns out a substandard gaming exp. with empty zones, not working party finders etc and the ability to press money out of "whales" would hardly happen in sub. models while even some mobile or browser games give them the options to milk thousands of dollars per months so 1 whale might be more important to them then hundreds or thousand "normal" subscribers

just looking around tells you the story, some games try subscription first and might go with it for 1-2 years when playernumbers drop they have to close down the servers or change to f2p. On the other hand i never saw a f2p game turned subscription based ...

but to be honest/complete on this topic: quite a few f2p games are just rip offs or extended demo versions for f2p players so if you want to the full game without paywall limited characterslots , access to toptier items or the highest instances/raids etc ask you to sub again calling it VIP/premium whatever

age of conan wouldnt even give me as f2p player access to extensions i bought before and if i went sub i would have to buy it again ...
    SW TOR got some really hard limits for f2p players in it too

20. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    bc I dont want it to be live roblox, having to spend irl money everytime i purchase an outfit (why I dont play it) i want the money spending to be noticeably optional. Im fine with one big purchase like TS4 at least then my spending would go up to $100 min a month and it's not even offline. with TS4, If i want to create the hottest guy to my imagination or make a(n) (Asian) celebrity look alike, I can just find the cc need, but if i had to deal with a "f2p" game that makes u cashin everything with every little cosmetics u buy in game than I'd rather

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021